- Open the Apps Tray. In most versions of Android, it is an icon with a matrix of dots located along the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Downloads. It will be among the Apps displayed, usually alphabetically.
- Tap and hold a file you want to delete.
- Tap the “Delete” icon.
- Tap DELETE.
Can I delete files in my download folder?
Move files that you want to keep into another folder and delete files you no longer need. (Note: Once an application or application update has been installed then the installer located in the Downloads folder can be deleted.) I try to keep my Downloads folder empty or close to empty.
How do I delete files on my Android phone?
- Open your device’s Files app .
- Touch and hold a file.
- Tap Delete OK.
How do I delete all downloads?
Click “Documents” on the left of the window and double click “Downloads.” If you do not have this folder, skip to the next step. Press “Ctrl” and “A” to select all the downloaded files or just click the file you want to delete. Press “Delete,” and click “Yes.”
How do you delete PDF files on Android?
How to Delete Files (from PDF Reader and from Android device)
- Go to the main menu sidebar from the homepage.
- Tap on “Document” and you will see the file manager page.
- Tap and hold on the PDF file you want to delete for 2 seconds until it can be selected.
- Tap the icon (shown as three vertical dots) in top-right corner.
Is it OK to delete downloads?
Downloading files to your computer can quickly fill your hard drive. If you’re frequently trying new software or downloading large files to review, it may be necessary to delete them to open up disk space. Deleting unneeded files is generally good maintenance and doesn’t harm your computer.
Is it OK to delete downloaded program files?
However, Disk Cleanup categorizes downloaded program files as ActiveX controls and Java applets downloaded from certain Web sites and temporarily stored in the Downloaded Program Files folder. Although it’s usually safe to clean out the Recycle Bin, I recommend going through the files before deleting them.
How do I delete files from my phone storage?
So you should be able to free up some storage space by deleting these unnecessary files. You’ll find your downloads folder — which might be called My Files — in your app drawer. Tap and hold a file to select it, then tap the trash can icon, the remove button or the delete button to get rid of it.
How do I remove unwanted files from my Android phone?
In order to do this:
- Go to the Settings Menu;
- Click on Apps;
- Find the All tab;
- Choose an app that is taking up a lot of space;
- Click the button Clear Cache. If you’re running Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your device then you’ll need to click on Storage and then Clear Cache.
How do I clear my system storage?
To pick from a list of photos, videos, and apps that you haven’t used recently:
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Free up space.
- To pick something to delete, tap the empty box on the right. (If nothing is listed, tap Review recent items.)
- To delete the selected items, at the bottom, tap Free up.
How do I delete more than one download at a time?
If the items are still in the Downloads folder, open the Downloads folder in Finder. Select all or a group of them (hold down Shift while clicking on each in turn to make a multiple selection). Then press Command-Delete (that’s the large Delete key two rows above Return).
How do you delete your download history?
Launch Internet Explorer and press Ctrl + Shift + Delete to remove the browsing data. You can also access it from its Settings (gear icon) > Options. After launching the following pop-up, check the “Download History” option. Click on the “Delete” button to get rid of your download history.
Where are my downloads on Android phone?
- Open the app drawer. This is the list of apps on your Android.
- Tap Downloads, My Files, or File Manager. The name of this app varies by device.
- Select a folder. If you only see one folder, tap its name.
- Tap Download. You may have to scroll down to find it.
How do you delete Word documents on Android?
Put a file in the trash
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides app.
- Next to the file you want to delete, tap More .
- Tap Remove.
How do I permanently delete PDF files?
- Open Adobe Acrobat. You may have it saved on your desktop, but you might have to search your computer for it.
- Open your file. Click, “Edit PDF,” then navigate to your PDF file.
- Open “Content Editing.” Click the “Edit Text & Images” tool.
- Click to select the item you want to delete. Hit Delete .
How do you delete PDF files?
Scroll down to the “Delete” option and left-click it. This will bring up a menu that confirms you want to delete the PDF file and move it to the Recycle Bin. If you do, select the “Yes” button with your left mouse button.
What happens if I delete files from downloads?
You can move those out of the download folder and the ones that you haven’t edited you can delete. If you have a copy of the files in an other folder than your download folder, it is indeed very safe to delete them! Then you can delete all the files in the Downloads folder.
Can you delete downloads after installing?
Downloaded setup files are like installation media. After the set-up program is done, it’s no longer required for the installed software to run. If it were on a disc, you would eject it. Yes, you could just delete set-up files.
Will deleting downloads delete files?
You can change it if you want, but the empty directory takes up no space, so there is really no need to delete the directory, itself. The download directory receives all kinds of files–documents and media files, executables, software installation packages, etc. Those files remain there unless you move or delete them.
Is it safe to delete temporary files?
In general, it’s safe to delete anything in the Temp folder. Sometimes, you may get a “can’t delete because the file is in use” message, but you can just skip those files. For safety, do your Temp directory deleting just after you reboot the computer.
What files should I delete in Disk Cleanup?
To delete unnecessary files using Disk Cleanup: Open the Disk Cleanup by clicking Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup. Disk Cleanup will then calculate how much space you will be able to free on your hard drive.
Is it safe to delete downloaded files in disk cleanup?
For the most part, the items in Disk Cleanup is safe to delete. But, if your computer isn’t running properly, deleting some of these things may prevent you from uninstalling updates, rolling back your operating system, or just troubleshooting a problem, so they’re handy to keep around if you have the space.
How do I delete files in Android?
- Open the File Manager app on your Android.
- Tap the ☰ icon on the top-left.
- Find and tap your device’s name on the menu.
- Tap a folder to view its contents.
- Tap and hold the file you want to delete.
- Tap the.
- Tap OK in the confirmation pop-up.
What should I delete when my phone storage is full?
Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage. Then tap the outdated backup, then Delete Backup. You can also delete information under Documents & Data in iCloud storage settings. Tap on the app, then swipe left on each item to delete.
How do I clear my system memory?
You can make space available by deleting unneeded files and programs and by running the Windows Disk Cleanup utility.
- Delete Large Files. Click the Windows “Start” button and select “Documents.”
- Delete Unused Programs. Click the Windows “Start” button and select “Control Panel.”
- Use Disk Cleanup.
How do I delete a PDF page for free?
Method 4 Adobe Acrobat
- Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat. You can’t delete pages in the free Adobe Reader.
- Click the “Page Thumbnails” button in the left pane.
- Select the pages that you want to delete.
- Click the “Delete” button to delete the selected pages.
How do I delete a PDF download?
How to Delete Pages from PDF on Android
- Step 1: Download and Launch PDFelement Android App.
- Step 2: Import Your PDF File.
- Step 3: Open your PDF document, and tap in three dots icon in upper right corner, and then select “Page”
- Step 4: Tap on icon on upper right corner, then tap on one or more pages you want to delete.
How do I rotate a PDF and save it that way?
Open your file that you want rotated (even if it is 1000 pages all in the wrong direction). Go to Document/Rotate Pages or use Ctrl+Shift+R and this opens your rotation menu. You have several rotation options to rotate single pages, all pages, or a selection of pages. Choose what you need and select OK to proceed.
Photo in the article by “International SAP & Web Consulting”