Click Programs. Click Make a File Type Always Open in a Specific Program. It will take a few seconds, but then a screen will appear listing all the different file types and their associated programs. Scroll down and select the file type that you want to change the program for, then click the Change Program button.
How do I remove the default program from opening in Windows 8?
While traditional desktop applications can be uninstalled from the Control Panel, default programs in Windows 8.1 must be deleted from the Start screen context menu.
- Press the “Windows” key to view the Start screen, then right-click one of the program icons.
- Click “Uninstall” in the program context menu.
How do I get rid of Open with default program?
How to Clear “Open by Default” Apps from Your Android Device
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Apps & Notifications. …
- Choose App info. …
- Choose the app that always opens. …
- On the app’s screen, choose Open by Default or Set as Default. …
- Tap the CLEAR DEFAULTS button.
How do you remove choose the program you want to use to open this file?
The “Data” column for each value shows the program that appears on the “Open With” menu. Just right-click the one you want to remove from the menu and then select the “Delete” option.
How do I change the default program to open files in Windows 8?
To change the default app:
- In Desktop view, right-click the desired file. Right-clicking a file.
- From the drop-down menu, click Open with and select Choose default program…. Choosing a default app.
- Select the desired app. If you don’t see the app you want, click More options. …
- The file will open in the new app.
What can be used to default back to a certain point using Windows 8?
Restore from a Restore Point in Windows 8
- Right-click the bottom-left corner of any screen and choose System from the pop-up menu. …
- Click the Next button at the System Restore window. …
- Click a listed restore point. …
- Click the Scan for Affected Programs button to see how your chosen restore point will affect programs.
How do I change the default program to open a file?
How to manage default apps
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Go into Apps & notifications.
- Hit Advanced.
- Select Default apps.
- Pick the apps you want for each option.
How do I stop always opening files of this type?
- Download the file that is opening automatically.
- Upon downloading the file, in the downloads tray on the bottom the file will show up to display its progress. click on the up arrow ” ^ “
- a pop-up menu will appear, Click on the checked option for always open files of this type and this will uncheck that option.
How do I remove something from the Run menu?
To delete an entry from the run menu perform the following:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerRunMRU.
- Select the entry you wish to remove, e.g. h.
- Press the Del key (or select Edit – Delete) and click Yes to the confirmation.
How do I remove the Default program to open files in Windows 10?
Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.
- Click on System.
- Select Default apps on the left navigation pane of the system settings menu.
- Click on Choose default apps by file type from the right hand side of the Default apps settings menu.
How do I reset file associations?
How to Reset File Associations in Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to Apps – Defaults Apps.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click the Reset button under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults.
- This will reset all file type and protocol associations to the Microsoft recommended defaults.