- Open. Settings on your device.
- Scroll down and tap About phone. if you don’t see the option, hit System first.
- Look for the “Android version” section of the page. The number listed in this section, e.g. 6.0.1, is the version of the Android OS your device is running.
- 1 How do I know which Android operating system I have?
- 2 How do I know what version of Android I have on my Galaxy s8?
- 3 How do you check the firmware version on Android device?
- 4 Which is the latest version of Android?
- 5 How do I find Bluetooth version on Android?
- 6 What is the latest Android version 2018?
- 7 How do I update my Samsung Galaxy s8?
- 8 How do I find out what version of Android I have on my Samsung?
- 9 Can I update my Android version?
- 10 How do I update my Android version?
- 11 What is Android 7.0 called?
- 12 How do I get the latest version of Android?
- 13 What is Android 9 called?
- 14 Which is the best Android version?
- 15 What version of Android is my phone?
- 16 Can I update my Android Bluetooth version?
- 17 How do I know what Bluetooth version I have?
- 18 How do I update Bluetooth on Android?
- 19 What is the best Android operating system for tablets?
- 20 Are older versions of Android safe?
- 21 Which Android phone is best?
- 22 How do I find out what model my Samsung phone is?
- 23 How do I find my Android OS version?
- 24 How do I know if my Samsung phone is new?
- 25 How can I update my Android version without a computer?
- 26 What is new in Android O?
- 27 How can I update my Samsung phone?
- 28 How do I update Android on TV?
- 29 What is Android 8 called?
- 30 What is the latest Samsung phone?
How do I know which Android operating system I have?
How do I know which Android OS version my mobile device runs?
- Open your phone’s menu. Tap System Settings.
- Scroll down towards the bottom.
- Select About Phone from the menu.
- Select Software Info from the menu.
- The OS version of your device is shown under Android Version.
How do I know what version of Android I have on my Galaxy s8?
Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ – View Software Version
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps. These instructions apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
- Navigate: Settings > About phone .
- Tap Software information then view the Build number. To verify the device has the latest software version, refer to Install System Updates.
How do you check the firmware version on Android device?
To find out what number of firmware your device has on it currently, just go to your Settings menu. For Sony and Samsung devices, go to Settings > About Device > Build Number. For HTC devices, you should go to Settings > About Device > Software Information > Software Version.
Which is the latest version of Android?
- How do I know what the version number is called?
- Pie: Versions 9.0 –
- Oreo: Versions 8.0-
- Nougat: Versions 7.0-
- Marshmallow: Versions 6.0 –
- Lollipop: Versions 5.0 –
- Kit Kat: Versions 4.4-4.4.4; 4.4W-4.4W.2.
- Jelly Bean: Versions 4.1-4.3.1.
How do I find Bluetooth version on Android?
Here are the steps to check Bluetooth Version of Android Phone:
- Step 1: Turn ON the Bluetooth of Device.
- Step 2: Now Tap on Phone Settings.
- Step 3: Tap on App and Select the “ALL” Tab.
- Step 4: Scroll Down and Tap on Bluetooth Icon named Bluetooth Share.
- Step 5: Done! Under App Info, you will see the version.
What is the latest Android version 2018?
Nougat is losing its hold (latest)
|Android Name||Android Version||Usage Share|
|Jelly Bean||4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x||3.2%↓|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.3, 4.0.4||0.3%|
|Gingerbread||2.3.3 to 2.3.7||0.3%|
4 more rows
How do I update my Samsung Galaxy s8?
- Make sure your device is fully charged and connected to Wi-Fi.
- Swipe down from the Notification bar and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Software Updates, then Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
How do I find out what version of Android I have on my Samsung?
How do I know what version of Android I have?
- From the home screen, press the Settings Button.
- Then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down and select About Phone.
- Scroll down to Android Version.
- The small number under the heading is the version number of the Android operating system on your device.
Can I update my Android version?
From here, you can open it and tap the update action to upgrade the Android system to the latest version. Connect your Android phone to the Wi-Fi Network. Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version.
How do I update my Android version?
Updating your Android.
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings.
- Select About Phone.
- Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
- Install. Depending on the OS, you’ll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.
What is Android 7.0 called?
Android “Nougat” (codenamed Android N during development) is the seventh major version and 14th original version of the Android operating system.
How do I get the latest version of Android?
Get the latest Android updates available for you
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Near the bottom, tap System Advanced System update. If you don’t see “Advanced,” tap About phone.
- You’ll see your update status. Follow any steps on the screen.
What is Android 9 called?
Android P is officially Android 9 Pie. On August 6, 2018, Google revealed that its next version of Android is Android 9 Pie. Along with the name change, the number is also slightly different. Rather than following the trend of 7.0, 8.0, etc., Pie is referred to as 9.
Which is the best Android version?
From Android 1.0 to Android 9.0, here’s how Google’s OS evolved over a decade
- Android 2.2 Froyo (2010)
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb (2011)
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (2011)
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (2012)
- Android 4.4 KitKat (2013)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop (2014)
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow (2015)
- Android 8.0 Oreo (2017)
What version of Android is my phone?
Slide your finger up your Android phone’s screen to scroll all the way to the bottom of the Settings menu. Tap “About Phone” at the bottom of the menu. Tap the “Software Information” option on the About Phone menu. The first entry on the page that loads will be your current Android software version.
Can I update my Android Bluetooth version?
Check what version of Bluetooth you have. Go to the Control Panel and click on “Hardware and Sound.” Under “Devices and Printers” click on “Device Manager.” If you already have the latest version, there is nothing to upgrade on your computer; you just need to buy devices that have the latest Bluetooth capabilities.
How do I know what Bluetooth version I have?
Under Bluetooth, you will see several Bluetooth devices. Select your Bluetooth brand and right click to check the Properties. Go to the Advanced tab and check the firmware version. The LMP number shows the version of Bluetooth your PC is using.
How do I update Bluetooth on Android?
Clear Bluetooth Cache – Android
- Go to Settings.
- Select “Application Manager”
- Display system apps (you may need to either swipe left/right or choose from the menu in the top right corner)
- Select Bluetooth from the now larger list of Applications.
- Select Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache.
- Go back.
- Finally restart the phone.
What is the best Android operating system for tablets?
The best Android tablets for 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 ($650-plus)
- Amazon Fire HD 10 ($150)
- Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite ($200)
- Asus ZenPad 3S 10 ($290-plus)
Are older versions of Android safe?
Gauging an Android phone’s safe-use limits can be harder, as Android phones are not as standardized as iPhones. It’s less than certain, for example whether an old Samsung handset will run the latest version of the OS two years after the phone’s introduction.
Which Android phone is best?
The best Android phones of 2019: get the best Android smartphone for you
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. Simply put, the best Android phone in the world.
- Huawei P30 Pro. The second best Android phone in the world right now.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Google Pixel 3 XL.
- OnePlus 6T.
- Xiaomi Mi 9.
- Nokia 9 PureView.
How do I find out what model my Samsung phone is?
Check your phone’s settings. The easiest way to check your phone’s model name and number is to use the phone itself. Go to the Settings or Options menu, scroll to the bottom of the list, and check ‘About phone’, ‘About device’ or similar. The device name and model number should be listed.
How do I find my Android OS version?
To find out which Android OS is on your device:
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Tap About Phone or About Device.
- Tap Android Version to display your version information.
How do I know if my Samsung phone is new?
How to Check if Your Android Phone is Refurbished or Factory-New
- Tap your Phone app and open up the dialer.
- Using the touchscreen keypad, Dial ##786# (aka ##RTN#).
- No need to press dial, the phone should automatically open up to the RTN screen. From here Tap View.
- Note: If this code doesn’t work, try *#*#786#*#* instead.
- Scroll down the RTN screen to Reconditioned status.
How can I update my Android version without a computer?
Method 2 Using a Computer
- Download your Android manufacturer’s desktop software.
- Install the desktop software.
- Find and download an available update file.
- Connect your Android to your computer.
- Open the manufacturer’s desktop software.
- Find and click the Update option.
- Select your update file when prompted.
What is new in Android O?
It’s official — the newest version of Google’s mobile operating system is called Android 8.0 Oreo, and it’s in the process of rolling out to many different devices. Oreo has plenty of changes in store, ranging from revamped looks to under-the-hood improvements, so there’s tons of cool new stuff to explore.
How can I update my Samsung phone?
Samsung Galaxy S5™
- Touch Apps.
- Touch Settings.
- Scroll to and touch About device.
- Touch Download updates manually.
- The phone will check for updates.
- If an update isn’t available, press the Home button. If an update is available, wait for it to download.
How do I update Android on TV?
*Google, Android and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC.
- Press the HOME button on your remote control.
- Select Help. For Android™ 8.0, select Apps, then select Help.
- Then, select System software update.
- Then, check that the Automatically check for update or Automatic software download setting is set to ON.
What is Android 8 called?
Android “Oreo” (codenamed Android O during development) is the eighth major release and the 15th version of the Android mobile operating system.
What is the latest Samsung phone?
Best Samsung Galaxy phones 2019
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
- 2 Samsung Galaxy S10.
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- 4 Samsung Galaxy S10e.
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S9.
- 6 Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.
- 7 Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- 8 Samsung Galaxy S8.
Photo in the article by “Picryl”