Updating your Android.
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings.
- Select About Phone.
- Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
- Install. Depending on the OS, you’ll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.
Method 1 Updating Your Device Over the Air (OTA)
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi. Do so by swiping down from the top of your screen and tapping the Wi-Fi button.
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Scroll down and tap About Device.
- Tap Update.
- Tap Check for Updates.
- Tap Update.
- Tap Install.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
To set up updates for individual apps on your device:
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu My apps & games.
- Select the app you want to update.
- Tap More .
- Check the box next to “Enable auto update.”
Go to your phone settings and find the appropriate app (called “Updater”) Disable that app from settings — this will prevent the app from silently downloading the updates in the background. Click on “Clear Data” — this will reclaim the 500 MB+ storage space which is occupied by the already downloaded update.
- 1 What is the latest Android version 2018?
- 2 Which is the latest version of Android?
- 3 How do I manually update my android?
- 4 How do I check for updates on my Android?
- 5 What is the latest version of Android 2018?
- 6 What is the most popular version of Android?
- 7 Which is latest version of Android?
- 8 What is Android 9 called?
- 9 Which version of Android do I have?
- 10 How do I update my Android firmware?
- 11 Are older Android versions Safe?
- 12 How do I update Android on TV?
- 13 How do I check for app updates on Android?
- 14 Why is my phone not updating?
- 15 How can I update my Samsung phone?
- 16 Is Android Oreo better than nougat?
- 17 What is the latest version of Android 2019?
- 18 Should I update Android 9?
- 19 What is the best Android operating system for tablets?
- 20 Is Android Lollipop still supported?
- 21 What is the latest Android version for tablets?
- 22 What is Android version 7 called?
- 23 Which phone will get Android P?
- 24 What is Android 8 called?
- 25 How do I check my Android version Galaxy s9?
- 26 What version of Android is my phone?
- 27 What version of Android is 4.4 2?
What is the latest Android version 2018?
Nougat is losing its hold (latest)
|Android Name||Android Version||Usage Share|
|Jelly Bean||4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x||3.2%↓|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.3, 4.0.4||0.3%|
|Gingerbread||2.3.3 to 2.3.7||0.3%|
4 more rows
Which is the latest version of Android?
- How do I know what the version number is called?
- Pie: Versions 9.0 –
- Oreo: Versions 8.0-
- Nougat: Versions 7.0-
- Marshmallow: Versions 6.0 –
- Lollipop: Versions 5.0 –
- Kit Kat: Versions 4.4-4.4.4; 4.4W-4.4W.2.
- Jelly Bean: Versions 4.1-4.3.1.
How do I manually update my android?
Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version. Your phone will automatically reboot and upgrade to the new Android version when the installation completed.
How do I check for updates on my Android?
How to “check for updates” on your Android device
- Open up the Settings app either by using the app icon or by tapping the gear-shaped settings button in the notification bar.
- Scroll down all the way to the bottom until you reach the System menu.
- Tap on System Updates.
- Tap on Check for Updates to see if you have something new.
What is the latest version of Android 2018?
|Code name||Version number||Initial release date|
|Oreo||8.0 – 8.1||August 21, 2017|
|Pie||9.0||August 6, 2018|
|Legend: Old version Older version, still supported Latest version Latest preview version|
14 more rows
What is the most popular version of Android?
The latest version, Android 8.0 Oreo, sits at a distant sixth place. Android 7.0 Nougat has finally become the most-used version of the mobile operating system, running on 28.5 percent of devices (across both versions 7.0 and 7.1), according to an update on Google’s developer portal today (via 9to5Google).
Which is latest version of Android?
The latest version of Android is Android 8.0 named “OREO”. Google has announced the latest version of Android on 21st August, 2017. However, this Android version is not widely available to all the Android users and is currently available only to Pixel and Nexus users (Google’s smartphone line-ups).
What is Android 9 called?
Android P is officially Android 9 Pie. On August 6, 2018, Google revealed that its next version of Android is Android 9 Pie. Along with the name change, the number is also slightly different. Rather than following the trend of 7.0, 8.0, etc., Pie is referred to as 9.
Which version of Android do I have?
Then select the Settings option. Scroll down and select About Phone. Scroll down to Android Version. The small number under the heading is the version number of the Android operating system on your device.
How do I update my Android firmware?
How to update your device’s firmware on Android
- Step 1: Make sure your Mio device isn’t paired with your phone. Go to your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
- Step 2: Close the Mio GO app. Tap the Recent Apps icon at the bottom.
- Step 3: Make sure you are using the latest version of the Mio App.
- Step 4: Update your Mio device firmware.
- Step 5: Firmware update successful.
Are older Android versions Safe?
How long can you safely use an old Android phone? Gauging an Android phone’s safe-use limits can be harder, as Android phones are not as standardized as iPhones. It’s less than certain, for example whether an old Samsung handset will run the latest version of the OS two years after the phone’s introduction.
How do I update Android on TV?
- Press the HOME button on your remote control.
- Select Help. For Android™ 8.0, select Apps, then select Help.
- Then, select System software update.
- Then, check that the Automatically check for update or Automatic software download setting is set to ON.
How do I check for app updates on Android?
To automatically update apps on your Android device:
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu Settings.
- Tap Auto-update apps.
- Select an option: Auto update apps at any time to update apps using either Wi-Fi or mobile data. Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only to update apps only when connected to Wi-Fi.
Why is my phone not updating?
If you still can’t install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again: Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.
How can I update my Samsung phone?
Samsung Galaxy S5™
- Touch Apps.
- Touch Settings.
- Scroll to and touch About device.
- Touch Download updates manually.
- The phone will check for updates.
- If an update isn’t available, press the Home button. If an update is available, wait for it to download.
Is Android Oreo better than nougat?
But the latest statistics depict that Android Oreo runs on more than 17% of Android devices. The slow adoption rate of Android Nougat does not prevent Google from releasing Android 8.0 Oreo. Many hardware manufacturers are expected to roll out Android 8.0 Oreo over next few months.
What is the latest version of Android 2019?
January 7, 2019 — Motorola has announced that Android 9.0 Pie is now available for the Moto X4 devices in India. January 23, 2019 — Motorola is shipping out Android Pie to the Moto Z3. The update brings all the tasty Pie feature to the device including Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery, and gesture navigation.
Should I update Android 9?
Android 9 Pie is a free software update for smartphones, tablets and other supported devices. Google released it on August 6th, 2018, but most people didn’t get it for several months, and major phones like the Galaxy S9 received Android Pie in early 2019 over six months after its arrival.
What is the best Android operating system for tablets?
Among the best Android devices are the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and the Huawei MediaPad M3. Those looking for a very consumer oriented model should consider the Barnes & Noble NOOK Tablet 7″.
Is Android Lollipop still supported?
Android Lollipop 5.0 (and older) has long since stopped getting security updates, and more recently also the Lollipop 5.1 version. It got its last security update in March 2018. Even Android Marshmallow 6.0 got its last security update in August 2018. According to Mobile & Tablet Android Version Market Share Worldwide.
What is the latest Android version for tablets?
A Brief Android Version History
- Android 5.0-5.1.1, Lollipop: November 12, 2014 (initial release)
- Android 6.0-6.0.1, Marshmallow: October 5, 2015 (initial release)
- Android 7.0-7.1.2, Nougat: August 22, 2016 (initial release)
- Android 8.0-8.1, Oreo: August 21, 2017 (initial release)
- Android 9.0, Pie: August 6, 2018.
What is Android version 7 called?
Android 7.0 “Nougat” (codenamed Android N during development) is the seventh major version and 14th original version of the Android operating system. First released as an alpha test version on March 9, 2016, it was officially released on August 22, 2016, with Nexus devices being the first to receive the update.
Which phone will get Android P?
Starting first with the Xperia XZ Premium, XZ1, and XZ1 Compact, these phones will receive their update on October 26. The XZ2 Premium will follow them on November 7, and if you have an Xperia XA2, XA2 Ultra, or XA2 Plus, you can expect Pie to land on March 4, 2019.
What is Android 8 called?
The latest version of Android is officially here, and it’s called Android Oreo, as most people suspected. Google has traditionally used sweet treats for the names of its major Android releases, dating back to Android 1.5, aka “Cupcake.”
How do I check my Android version Galaxy s9?
Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ – View Software Version
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Navigate: Settings > About phone.
- Tap Software information then view the Build number. To verify the device has the latest software version, refer to Install Device Software Updates. Samsung.
What version of Android is my phone?
Slide your finger up your Android phone’s screen to scroll all the way to the bottom of the Settings menu. Tap “About Phone” at the bottom of the menu. Tap the “Software Information” option on the About Phone menu. The first entry on the page that loads will be your current Android software version.
What version of Android is 4.4 2?
Android 4.4 — nicknamed KitKat — is the 10th major version of Android. For devices running vanilla Android (such as Google’s Nexus line) it was the most significant change to the look and feel of the OS since 2011’s Ice Cream Sandwich release.
Photo in the article by “Pexels”