Method 1 Using the Default File Manager
- Open your Android’s app drawer. It’s the icon with 6 to 9 small dots or squares at the bottom of the home screen.
- Tap File Manager. The name of this app varies by phone or tablet.
- Tap a folder to browse.
- Tap a file to open it in its default app.
Where can I find my files on Android?
An app that will help you find not just your downloads but any file for that matter is ES File Explorer. When you first open the app, you’ll see your device’s Internal storage at the top left. Tap on it and either scroll until you find the Downloads folder or search for it with the search bar.
How do I access internal storage on Galaxy s8?
Format a Memory Card
- From home, swipe up to access Apps.
- Tap Settings > Device maintenance > Storage.
- Tap More options > Storage settings.
- Under Portable storage, tap your SD card, tap Format, and then follow the prompts.
How do I find internal storage?
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select “Storage.”
- Check the phone’s total and available storage space.
- Check the storage used by Applications.
- Check the storage used by Pictures and Videos.
- Check storage used by Audio files.
- Check the storage used by Cached Data.
- Check the storage used by Miscellaneous files.
How do I access internal storage on Android from PC?
- Download and install.
- Open the USB debug mode and plug the USB cable in the computer. Remember to change the USB connection mode to MTP or PTP.
- Launch the phone manager to connect your Android to your PC. Then you can access Android files from PC.
How do I view all files on Android?
- Search for files: Tap the magnifying glass icon at the top-right corner of the screen to search for files on your Android device’s storage.
- Choose between list and grid view: Tap the menu button and select either “Grid view” or “List view” to toggle between the two.
Where are app files stored on Android?
Actually, the files of the Apps that you downloaded from the Play Store are stored on your phone. You can find it in your phone’s Internal Storage > Android > data > …. In some of the mobile phones, files are stored in SD Card > Android > data >
Where are pictures stored on Galaxy s8?
Pictures can be stored on the internal memory (ROM) or SD card.
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Camera.
- Tap the Settings icon in the top right.
- Tap Storage location.
- Tap one of the following options: Device storage. SD card.
Where are my downloads on Samsung Galaxy s8?
To view files in My Files:
- From home, swipe up to access Apps.
- Tap Samsung folder > My Files.
- Tap a category to view the relevant files or folders.
- Tap a file or folder to open it.
Where is my secure folder s8?
To show Secure Folder again, go to Settings -> Lock screen and security -> Secure folder. Tap Hide as shown below to hide secure folder in Galaxy S8 or S8+. Please note, once you hide secure folder, all shortcuts for secure folder apps in Galaxy S8 home screen (outside of secure folder) will be removed automatically.
How can I access my Android phone from PC without unlocking?
Step 1: You need to install the tool on a Mac or Windows computer first. Step 2 : Click “Unlock” tab and connect your phone to PC with a USB data cable. Step 3 : Click on “Start” from the main interface of the software and reboot your Android in Download mode by pressing Power, Home and Volume Down buttons together.
How do I enable file transfer on Android?
Move files by USB
- Download and install Android File Transfer on your computer.
- Open Android File Transfer.
- Unlock your Android device.
- With a USB cable, connect your device to your computer.
- On your device, tap the “Charging this device via USB” notification.
- Under “Use USB for,” select File Transfer.
How do I view files on my Android phone from my computer?
- Attach the cable to your PC.
- Plug the free end of the cable into your Android.
- Allow your computer to access your Android.
- Enable USB access if necessary.
- Open Start.
- Open This PC.
- Double-click your Android’s name.
- Double-click your Android’s storage.
How do I find hidden apps on Android?
Well, if you want to find hidden apps on your Android phone, click Settings, then go to the Applications section on your Android phone menu. Have a look on the two navigation buttons. Open the menu view and press Task. Check an option that says “show hidden apps”.
How can I view .nomedia files on Android?
- Download and Install Es File Explorer From Play Store.
- Open Es File Explorer and Tap on Menu Icon on the Top Right.
- Tap on Tools.
- Tap on Show Hidden Files.
- Goto root of Your SD card with ES and Delete .Nomedia File.
How do I find hidden files on Android?
Open the File Manager. Next, tap Menu > Settings. Scroll to the Advanced section, and toggle the Show hidden files option to ON: You should now be able to easily access any files that you’d previously set as hidden on your device.
Where are game save files on Android?
1 – Backup the game saves :
- Download ES File Explorer from the app store/Play Store.
- Open ES File Explorer and go to the Root Folder (click on “/” in the navigation bar)
- Go to /data folder, and then open the folder /data inside it (final path: /data/data )
How do I find downloaded apps on Android?
On your Android phone, open the Google Play store app and tap the menu button (three lines). In the menu, tap My apps & games to see a list of apps currently installed on your device. Tap All to see a list of all apps you’ve downloaded on any device using your Google account.
Where are the APK files stored on Android?
Use a file manager to look in the following locations:
- /sdcard/.android_secure (shows .asec files, not .apks) On Samsung phones: /sdcard/external_sd/.android_secure.
Where are my files on Samsung?
Located in the Samsung folder in the Apps list. To view files in My Files: From home, tap Apps > Samsung > My Files . Tap a category to view the relevant files or folders.
Where do I find downloads on my Samsung phone?
You ll see all the files you downloaded. In most Android phones you can find your files/downloads in a folder called ‘My Files’ although sometimes this folder is in another folder called ‘Samsung’ located in the app drawer. You can also search your phone via Settings > Application Manager > All Applications.
Where is Samsung folder on s8?
Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ – Add Folders to Home Screen. From a Home screen, touch and hold a shortcut (e.g. Email). Drag the shortcut on to another shortcut (e.g. Gmail) then release. A folder containing the shortcuts is created (titled Unnamed Folder).
How do I access my Samsung Secure folder?
Then go to Settings > Lock screen and security > Secure Folder. Tap to open it then log in with your Samsung account. Your Secure Folder is now ready. Open the Secure Folder and at the top there’s a menu with the options to lock, add apps, add files, and edit apps to let you move and arrange important files and apps.
How do I access my secure folder on Galaxy s9?
If you any to access your hidden photos then you will first have to unhide the Secure Folder icon.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Lock screen and security.
- Tap Secure Folder.
- Tap the Secure Folder icon at the bottom of the screen, then enter your unlock pattern, pin, or password.
Can you hide text messages on Galaxy s8?
After which, you can simply click on ‘SMS and Contacts’ option, and you can instantly see a screen where all the hidden text messages will appear. So now to hide text messages, tap on the ‘+’ icon present at the top-right corner of the app screen.