To enable it:
- Go to Settings, Personal, Backup and reset, and select both Backup my data and Automatic restore.
- Go to Settings, Personal, Accounts & Sync, and select your Google account.
- Select all of the option boxes listed, to ensure that all available data is synced.
How do I backup my Android phone?
How to enable the Android backup service
- Open Settings from the home screen or app drawer.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Tap System.
- Select Backup.
- Ensure the Back up to Google Drive toggle is selected.
- You’ll be able to see the data that is being backed up.
How do I back up my Samsung?
Back up apps
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to ‘USER AND BACKUP,’ then tap Backup and reset.
- You must be logged in to a Google account to back up your apps.
- If necessary, tap Backup my data to select the check box.
- If necessary, tap Backup account to select the check box.
How do I transfer everything from my old phone to my new phone?
Make sure “Backup my data” is enabled. As for app syncing, go to Settings > Data usage, tap on the three-dot menu symbol at the top right of the screen, and make sure “Auto-sync data” is turned on. Once you have a backup, select it on your new phone and you’ll be offered a list of all the apps on your old phone.
How do I backup my text messages on Android?
Picking which messages to back up
- Head to the “Advanced Settings”.
- Select “Backup settings”.
- Choose which types of messages you would like to back up to Gmail.
- You can also tap on the SMS section to change the name of the label created in your Gmail account.
- Tap the back button to save and head out.
How do I force a backup on Android?
Settings and apps
- Open your smartphone’s Settings app.
- Scroll down to “Accounts and Backup” and tap on it.
- Tap on ‘Backup and restore”
- Toggle on the “Back up my data” switch and add your account, if it’s not there already.
What should I backup before factory reset android?
Go to your phone Settings and search for Backup & Reset or Reset for some Android devices. From here, choose Factory data to reset then scroll down and tap Reset device. Enter your password when you’re prompted and hit Erase everything. Upon removing all your files, reboot the phone and restore your data (optional).
How do I transfer everything from my old phone to my new iPhone?
How to transfer your data to your new iPhone using iCloud
- Open Settings on your old iPhone.
- Tap the Apple ID banner.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now.
- Turn your old iPhone off once the backup is finished.
- Remove the SIM card from your old iPhone or if you’re going to move it to your new one.
How do I transfer data from one Android phone to another?
Transfer your data between Android devices
- Tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings > Accounts > Add account.
- Tap Google.
- Enter your Google log in and tap NEXT.
- Enter your Google password and tap NEXT.
- Tap ACCEPT.
- Tap the new Google Account.
- Select the options to backup: App Data. Calendar. Contacts. Drive. Gmail. Google Fit Data.
How do I transfer files between Android phones?
- Check if your device has NFC. Go to Settings > More.
- Tap on “NFC” to enable it. When enabled, the box will be ticked with a check mark.
- Prepare to transfer files. To transfer files between two devices using this method, make sure that NFC is enabled on both devices:
- Transfer files.
- Complete the transfer.
Does Google backup text messages?
Android’s built-in SMS Backup. As of Android 8.1, you can now restore backed up data (including SMS messages) after the initial setup. You can view them (but not their contents) via the Android app, and they can’t be copied off or moved elsewhere. Viewing the list of automatic backups in Google Drive.
Where are messages stored on Android?
Text messages on Android are stored in the /data/data/.com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db. The file format is SQL. To access it, you need to root your device using mobile rooting apps.
How do I recover text messages on Android?
How to restore your SMS messages
- Launch SMS Backup & Restore from your home screen or app drawer.
- Tap Restore.
- Tap the checkboxes next to the backups you want to restore.
- Tap the arrow next to the SMS messages backups if you have multiple backups stored and want to restore a specific one.
- Tap Restore.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Yes.
How do I force my phone to backup?
First, open the Settings app on iPhone and navigate to iCloud, as seen in the screenshot above. Next, scroll down and tap on Backup. If it’s not already activated, tap the iCloud Backup option. You will see a brief description of the backup process.
How do I restore my Android phone from a backup?
Restoring data varies by device and Android version. You can’t restore a backup from a higher Android version onto a device running a lower Android version.
Switch between backup accounts
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap System Advanced Backup.
- Tap Account.
- Tap the account that you want to use for backups.
How do I force a Google Drive Backup?
Go to Settings, and then tap System > Backup. Make sure Back up to Google Drive is turned on. Use the primary Google Account that you signed into on your phone as your backup account.
What does factory reset do Android?
A factory reset is a built-in feature from most providers that uses software to automatically erase the information stored on the internal memory of the device. It’s called a “factory reset” because the process returns the device to the form it was originally when it left the factory.
How can I recover my data after factory reset?
Tutorial on Android Data Recovery After Factory Reset: Download and install Gihosoft Android Data Recovery freeware to your computer first. Next, run the program and select the data you want to recover and click “Next”. Then enable USB debugging on Android phone and connect it to the computer via a USB cable.
How do I setup my new Android phone?
How to set up a new Android phone or tablet
- Enter your SIM, insert the battery, then attach the rear panel.
- Switch on the phone and ensure it is fully charged.
- Select a language.
- Connect to Wi-Fi.
- Enter your Google account details.
- Select your backup and payment options.
- Set up a password and/or fingerprint.
How do I enable file transfer on Android?
Move files by USB
- Download and install Android File Transfer on your computer.
- Open Android File Transfer.
- Unlock your Android device.
- With a USB cable, connect your device to your computer.
- On your device, tap the “Charging this device via USB” notification.
- Under “Use USB for,” select File Transfer.
How do I transfer files between Android phones using Bluetooth?
- Open Photos.
- Locate and open the photo to be shared.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Tap the Bluetooth icon (Figure B)
- Tap to select the Bluetooth device to share the file to.
- When prompted on the desktop, tap Accept to permit the sharing.
How can I transfer large files between Android phones?
Transfer Large Files Between iOS and Android Devices
- You can use the app ‘FileMaster–File Manager and Downloader’.
- Now, enter the home network URL as found on Android SuperBeam App which appears under “Other Devices” option.
- Then you can download the shared file from FileMaster UI and save it on the iOS device.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”