Go to your phone Settings and search for Backup & Reset or Reset for some Android devices.
From here, choose Factory data to reset then scroll down and tap Reset device.
Enter your password when you’re prompted and hit Erase everything.
Upon removing all your files, reboot the phone and restore your data (optional).
Can I reset my phone without losing everything?
There are few ways you can reset your Android phone without losing anything. Backup most your stuff on your SD card, and synchronize your phone with a Gmail account so you won’t lose any contacts. If you don’t want to do that, there’s an app called My Backup Pro that can do the same job.
How do I completely backup my Android phone?
How to fully backup your Android smartphone or tablet without root |
- Go to your Settings menu.
- Scroll down and tap on System.
- Select About phone.
- Tap on the device’s Build number multiple times until it enables Developer options.
- Hit the back button and select Developer options within the System menu.
Does factory reset remove all data?
After encrypting your phone data, you can safely Factory reset your phone. However, it should be noted that all data will be deleted so if you would like to save any data make a backup of it first. To Factory Reset your phone go to: Settings and tap on Backup and reset under the heading “PERSONAL”.
How do I force my Android to backup?
- Tap your “Settings” app to open your Settings.
- Scroll until you find the “Backup and Reset” option, then tap it.
- Enter your PIN if prompted.
- Swipe on “Backup my data” and “Automatic restore”.
- Tap the “Backup Account” option.
- Tap your Google Account name.
- Return to the main Settings menu.
Can data be recovered after a factory reset?
There is still a way to recover data after factory reset. A third-party data recovery tool will do help: Jihosoft Android Data Recovery. By using it, you can recover photos, contacts, messages, call history, videos, documents, WhatsApp, Viber and more data after factory reset on Android.
Does factory reset remove phone number?
When a phone is reset, it erases all user settings, files, apps, content, contacts, emails, and so on. The phone number and service provider are stored on the SIM and this is not erased. There is no need to take it out. On an Android phone, go to Settings > General Management > Reset.
How do I force a backup on Android?
Settings and apps
- Open your smartphone’s Settings app.
- Scroll down to “Accounts and Backup” and tap on it.
- Tap on ‘Backup and restore”
- Toggle on the “Back up my data” switch and add your account, if it’s not there already.
How do I backup my Android phone to a new phone?
How to enable the Android backup service
- Open Settings from the home screen or app drawer.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Tap System.
- Select Backup.
- Ensure the Back up to Google Drive toggle is selected.
- You’ll be able to see the data that is being backed up.
How do I restore my Android phone from a backup?
Restoring data varies by device and Android version. You can’t restore a backup from a higher Android version onto a device running a lower Android version.
Switch between backup accounts
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap System Advanced Backup.
- Tap Account.
- Tap the account that you want to use for backups.
Does factory reset remove all data permanently?
Factory-resetting an Android device works in a similar way. The phone reformats its drive, designating the old data on it as logically deleted. It means that the pieces of data are not permanently erased, but writing over them has been made possible.
Does factory reset make phone faster?
Last and but not least, the ultimate option to make your Android phone faster is to perform a factory reset. You can consider it if your device has slowed down to the level that can’t do basic things. First is to visit Settings and use the factory reset option present there.
What happens after factory reset?
You can remove data from your Android phone or tablet by resetting it to factory settings. Resetting this way is also called “formatting” or a “hard reset.” Important: A factory reset erases all your data from your device. If you’re resetting to fix an issue, we recommend first trying other solutions.
How do I restore my Android phone from Google backup?
When you reinstall an app, you can restore app settings that you’d previously backed up with your Google Account.
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap System Advanced Backup App data. If these steps don’t match your device’s settings, try searching your settings app for backup .
- Turn on Automatic restore.
Does Google backup text messages?
Android’s built-in SMS Backup. As of Android 8.1, you can now restore backed up data (including SMS messages) after the initial setup. You can view them (but not their contents) via the Android app, and they can’t be copied off or moved elsewhere. Viewing the list of automatic backups in Google Drive.
How do I force a Google Drive Backup?
Go to Settings, and then tap System > Backup. Make sure Back up to Google Drive is turned on. Use the primary Google Account that you signed into on your phone as your backup account.
Can Android data be recovered after factory reset?
Tutorial on Android Data Recovery After Factory Reset: Download and install Gihosoft Android Data Recovery freeware to your computer first. Next, run the program and select the data you want to recover and click “Next”. Then enable USB debugging on Android phone and connect it to the computer via a USB cable.
Can I get my pictures back after a factory reset?
Recover Pictures after Factory Reset on Android
- Pictures are gone after factory reset.
- Factory reset should be used with caution.
- Connect your Android phone to computer.
- Scan your Android phone find the deleted pictures.
- Preview and recover pictures from Android after factory reset.
What does factory reset do Android?
A factory reset is a built-in feature from most providers that uses software to automatically erase the information stored on the internal memory of the device. It’s called a “factory reset” because the process returns the device to the form it was originally when it left the factory.
Does factory reset remove network lock?
Factory Reset. Performing a factory reset on a phone returns it to its out-of-box state. If a third party reset the phone, the codes that changed the phone from locked to unlocked are removed. If you purchased the phone as unlocked before you went through setup, then the unlock should remain even if you reset the phone
Should I factory reset my phone before selling?
Here are four essential steps you must take before you seal the envelope and send your device to a trade-in service or to your carrier.
- Back up your phone.
- Encrypt your data.
- Perform a factory reset.
- Remove any SIM or SD cards.
- Clean the phone.
Is factory reset enough Android?
The standard answer is a factory reset, which wipes the memory and restores the phone’s setting, but there’s a growing body of evidence that, for Android phones at least, the factory reset isn’t enough.
How do I transfer everything from my old phone to my new phone?
Make sure “Backup my data” is enabled. As for app syncing, go to Settings > Data usage, tap on the three-dot menu symbol at the top right of the screen, and make sure “Auto-sync data” is turned on. Once you have a backup, select it on your new phone and you’ll be offered a list of all the apps on your old phone.
How do I transfer contacts between Android phones?
Select “Contacts” and anything else you would like to transfer. Check “Sync Now,” and your data will be saved in Google’s servers. Start your new Android phone; it will ask you for your Google account information. When you sign in, your Android will sync contacts and other data automatically.
How do I transfer files from Android to Android?
Move files by USB
- Download and install Android File Transfer on your computer.
- Open Android File Transfer.
- Unlock your Android device.
- With a USB cable, connect your device to your computer.
- On your device, tap the “Charging this device via USB” notification.
- Under “Use USB for,” select File Transfer.
How do I restore my Android phone from backup?
Anyone who follows these steps can restore the Android phone.
- Go to Settings. The first step tells you to go to Settings on your phone and tap on it.
- Scroll down to Backup & Reset.
- Tap on Factory Data Reset.
- Click on Reset Device.
- Tap on Erase Everything.
How do I backup and restore my Samsung?
- If necessary, log into your Google and/or Samsung accounts.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll to ‘USER AND BACKUP,’ then tap Accounts.
- Tap Google if contacts are backed up to Google account.
- Tap Samsung if contacts are backed up to Samsung account.
- Tap your email address at the top of the screen.
How do I restore my backup on my Samsung Galaxy s8?
Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ – Google™ Backup and Restore
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.
- From a Home screen, navigate:Settings > Accounts > Backup and restore.
- Tap the Back up my data switch to turn on or off .
- With Back up my data turned on, tap Backup account.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”