Go to your phone Settings and search for Backup & Reset or Reset for some Android devices.
From here, choose Factory data to reset then scroll down and tap Reset device.
Enter your password when you’re prompted and hit Erase everything.
Upon removing all your files, reboot the phone and restore your data (optional).
- 1 Can I reset my phone without losing everything?
- 2 How do I backup my Samsung before factory reset?
- 3 How do I backup all my apps on Android?
- 4 Does factory reset remove all data?
- 5 Does factory reset delete apps?
- 6 Does factory reset remove phone number?
- 7 How do I backup my s9 before factory reset?
- 8 How do I backup my contacts before factory reset?
- 9 How can I recover my data after factory reset?
- 10 What is the best Android backup app?
- 11 How do I transfer my apps to my new Android phone?
- 12 How do I transfer everything to my new Android phone?
- 13 Does factory reset remove all data permanently?
- 14 Does factory reset make phone faster?
- 15 Can data be recovered after a factory reset?
- 16 Does factory reset remove Android updates?
- 17 Does factory reset delete Whatsapp?
- 18 Does factory reset delete?
- 19 Is factory reset enough Android?
- 20 Does factory reset affect unlock phone?
- 21 Should I factory reset my phone before selling?
- 22 How can I recover my WhatsApp data after factory reset?
- 23 How do I restore my Android phone after factory reset?
- 24 Can you recover data after factory reset laptop?
- 25 Does factory reset remove viruses?
- 26 Does factory reset delete accounts?
- 27 What happens after factory reset?
Can I reset my phone without losing everything?
There are few ways you can reset your Android phone without losing anything. Backup most your stuff on your SD card, and synchronize your phone with a Gmail account so you won’t lose any contacts. If you don’t want to do that, there’s an app called My Backup Pro that can do the same job.
How do I backup my Samsung before factory reset?
- Go to Settings > Backup & Reset.
- Tap on Factory data reset.
- Tap on Reset Phone.
- Your Samsung Galaxy will reboot and you will be greeted with the initial setup.
- Make sure to input your Google account when prompted.
- Your contacts and apps will be restored automatically.
How do I backup all my apps on Android?
How to enable the Android backup service
- Open Settings from the home screen or app drawer.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Tap System.
- Select Backup.
- Ensure the Back up to Google Drive toggle is selected.
- You’ll be able to see the data that is being backed up.
Does factory reset remove all data?
After encrypting your phone data, you can safely Factory reset your phone. However, it should be noted that all data will be deleted so if you would like to save any data make a backup of it first. To Factory Reset your phone go to: Settings and tap on Backup and reset under the heading “PERSONAL”.
Does factory reset delete apps?
Your pre-installed apps will NOT be deleted. However, your data for those apps will be deleted! So the pre-installed apps will still be there, it will be like you are using them for the first time. Factory reset is simply resetting your device to the original image of the current ROM.
Does factory reset remove phone number?
When a phone is reset, it erases all user settings, files, apps, content, contacts, emails, and so on. The phone number and service provider are stored on the SIM and this is not erased. There is no need to take it out. On an Android phone, go to Settings > General Management > Reset.
How do I backup my s9 before factory reset?
Step 1: Go to Settings and scroll down to General management. Step 2: Choose Back up and Restore and then Reset. Step 3: Tap on Factory data reset, then scroll down and tap Reset, then Delete all. Step 4: You Galaxy S9 will automatically delete all data, reset and reboot.
How do I backup my contacts before factory reset?
Open your camera, open it’s settings, scroll to the bottom and select Storage/memory card. Doing a factory reset won’t erase your memory card but most people remove it anyway before doing this. To backup contacts to memory card: go to contacts/menu/Import-Export/ select Export to SD card.
How can I recover my data after factory reset?
Tutorial on Android Data Recovery After Factory Reset: Download and install Gihosoft Android Data Recovery freeware to your computer first. Next, run the program and select the data you want to recover and click “Next”. Then enable USB debugging on Android phone and connect it to the computer via a USB cable.
What is the best Android backup app?
10 Free And Best Android Backup Apps Of 2018
- Super Backup & Restore.
- Google Drive.
- App Backup and Restore- Easiest backup tool.
- Titanium Backup.
- Contacts Backup & Restore by Simpler.
- Google Photos – best app for backing up your photos.
- SMS Backup and Restore.
- Helium – App Sync and Backup.
How do I transfer my apps to my new Android phone?
Make sure “Backup my data” is enabled. As for app syncing, go to Settings > Data usage, tap on the three-dot menu symbol at the top right of the screen, and make sure “Auto-sync data” is turned on. Once you have a backup, select it on your new phone and you’ll be offered a list of all the apps on your old phone.
How do I transfer everything to my new Android phone?
Transfer your data between Android devices
- Tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings > Accounts > Add account.
- Tap Google.
- Enter your Google log in and tap NEXT.
- Enter your Google password and tap NEXT.
- Tap ACCEPT.
- Tap the new Google Account.
- Select the options to backup: App Data. Calendar. Contacts. Drive. Gmail. Google Fit Data.
Does factory reset remove all data permanently?
Factory-resetting an Android device works in a similar way. The phone reformats its drive, designating the old data on it as logically deleted. It means that the pieces of data are not permanently erased, but writing over them has been made possible.
Does factory reset make phone faster?
Last and but not least, the ultimate option to make your Android phone faster is to perform a factory reset. You can consider it if your device has slowed down to the level that can’t do basic things. First is to visit Settings and use the factory reset option present there.
Can data be recovered after a factory reset?
There is still a way to recover data after factory reset. A third-party data recovery tool will do help: Jihosoft Android Data Recovery. By using it, you can recover photos, contacts, messages, call history, videos, documents, WhatsApp, Viber and more data after factory reset on Android.
Does factory reset remove Android updates?
Your phone does not keep an original OS image. Thus, once you update your OS (either by OTA updates or by installing a custom Rom), you will not be able to revert to the older Android version. Doing a factory reset should just reset the phone to a clean slate of the current Android version.
Does factory reset delete Whatsapp?
In reset all all application other than preinstalled are deleted and all app data and user data also deleted. As a result your whatsapp data also deleted. Before resetting your phone take backup of your whatsapp application in SD card. You’ll get your whatsapp same as before resetting your phone.
Does factory reset delete?
When you restore to factory defaults, this information is not deleted; instead it’s used to reinstall all necessary software for your device. The only data removed during a factory reset is data you add: apps, contacts, stored messages and multimedia files like photos.
Is factory reset enough Android?
The standard answer is a factory reset, which wipes the memory and restores the phone’s setting, but there’s a growing body of evidence that, for Android phones at least, the factory reset isn’t enough.
Does factory reset affect unlock phone?
Factory Reset. Performing a factory reset on a phone returns it to its out-of-box state. If a third party reset the phone, the codes that changed the phone from locked to unlocked are removed. If you purchased the phone as unlocked before you went through setup, then the unlock should remain even if you reset the phone
Should I factory reset my phone before selling?
Here are four essential steps you must take before you seal the envelope and send your device to a trade-in service or to your carrier.
- Back up your phone.
- Encrypt your data.
- Perform a factory reset.
- Remove any SIM or SD cards.
- Clean the phone.
How can I recover my WhatsApp data after factory reset?
You can follow below instructions to restore WhatsApp messages or chats from a backup:
- Uninstall WhatsApp.
- Open the WhatsApp database or backup folder.
- Rename that file from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt7” to “msgstore.db.crypt7”.
- Install WhatsApp.
- When asked to restore, tap Restore.
How do I restore my Android phone after factory reset?
You can restore Android after a factory reset if you have checked the Automatic Restore option in settings.
- Launch Settings on the Android device.
- Find and tap Backup & reset or you can tap System and then tap Reset for other devices.
- Verify if the Automatic Restore box is checked.
Can you recover data after factory reset laptop?
To recover files after a factory reset, you need to purchase data recovery software. When a file is deleted from a hard drive, whether accidentally or intentionally, it is still accessible through the use of data recovery software. You can then use it to resurrect files of any type or size, from photos to contacts.
Does factory reset remove viruses?
Factory resets don’t remove infected files stored on backups: viruses can return to the computer when you restore your old data. The backup storage device should be fully scanned for virus and malware infections before any data is moved back from the drive to the computer.
Does factory reset delete accounts?
A factory data reset will erase your data from the device. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. Back up your data.
What happens after factory reset?
You can remove data from your Android phone or tablet by resetting it to factory settings. Resetting this way is also called “formatting” or a “hard reset.” Important: A factory reset erases all your data from your device. If you’re resetting to fix an issue, we recommend first trying other solutions.
Photo in the article by “International SAP & Web Consulting”