Blocking Text Messages
- Open “Messages“.
- Press the “Menu” icon located at the upper-right corner.
- Select “Blocked contacts“.
- Tap “Add a number” to add a number you wish to block.
- If you ever wish to remove a number from the blacklist, return to the Blocked contacts screen, and select the “X” next to the number.
How do you block a number from texting you?
Block someone from calling or texting you one of two ways:
- To block someone who has been added to your phone’s Contacts, go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking and Identification > Block Contact.
- In instances where you want to a block a number that isn’t stored as a contact in your phone, go to the Phone app > Recents.
Can I block text messages on my Android phone?
To block unknown numbers, go to “Settings” and select “Unknown Numbers.” To block specific numbers, you can choose messages from your inbox or text messages and request that the app block that specific contact. This feature also allows you to type in a number and manually block that specific person.
Can I block someone from texting me on my Samsung?
How to block text messages on a Samsung Galaxy S6
- Go into Messages, then tap on “More” in the top right corner and select Settings.
- Go into Spam filter.
- Tap on Manage spam numbers.
- Here you can add any numbers or contacts you wish to block.
- Any numbers or contacts in your spam list will be blocked from sending you sms.
How do you stop unwanted text messages?
If you’ve received an unwanted text recently enough that it’s still in your text history, you can easily block the sender. In the Messages app, select the text from the number you’d like to block. Select “Contact,” then “Info.” Scroll to the bottom and select “Block this Caller.”
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”