Blocking Text Messages
- Open “Messages“.
- Press the “Menu” icon located at the upper-right corner.
- Select “Blocked contacts“.
- Tap “Add a number” to add a number you wish to block.
- If you ever wish to remove a number from the blacklist, return to the Blocked contacts screen, and select the “X” next to the number.
Can I block someone from texting me?
Block someone from calling or texting you one of two ways: To block someone who has been added to your phone’s Contacts, go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking and Identification > Block Contact. In instances where you want to a block a number that isn’t stored as a contact in your phone, go to the Phone app > Recents.
Can you block text messages on Android?
There are two methods to block texts through Android Messages, both of which will block both texts and calls. 2. Tap and hold the conversation from the contact you wish to block. This method also works if you use Google Voice or Google Hangouts as your default texting application.
How do I block unwanted text messages?
Block Unwanted or Spam Text Messages from Unknown on iPhone
- Go to the Messages app.
- Tap on the message from the spammer.
- Choose details on the top right hand corner.
- There will be phone icon and a letter “i” icon across from the number.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and then tap on Block this Caller.
How do I block text messages from a certain number?
To block unknown numbers, go to “Settings” and select “Unknown Numbers.” To block specific numbers, you can choose messages from your inbox or text messages and request that the app block that specific contact. This feature also allows you to type in a number and manually block that specific person.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”