If your blue dot’s beam is wide or pointing in the wrong direction, you’ll need to calibrate your compass.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Make a figure 8 until your compass is calibrated.
- The beam should become narrow and point in the right direction.
How do I calibrate the compass on my s8?
Now your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus compass is calibrated and ready for use.
Calibrating Your Compass
- Select Phone app.
- Open keypad.
- Enter *#0*#
- Select Sensor.
- Scroll down to “Magnetic Sensor”
- Spin your phone all the way around in a figure-8 until it is calibrated.
How do I calibrate the compass on my Galaxy s7?
How To Calibrate the Compass On the Samsung Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge:
- Turn on the Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge.
- From the Home screen, select the Phone app.
- Switch to the dial pad.
- Type *#0*# on the dialer.
- Then select the Sensor tile.
- Browse to the Magnetic Sensor.
How do I calibrate the compass on Google Maps?
- Open Google Maps on your Android. It’s the map icon typically found on the home screen or in the app drawer.
- Tap the blue dot on the map.
- Tap Calibrate compass. It’s at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Tilt your Android in the pattern on the screen.
- Tap DONE.
How do I calibrate my Android screen?
To manually calibrate the handset perform the following steps:
- From the home screen, press the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Phone Settings.
- Tap Calibration.
- Tap all cross-hairs until the message “Calibration Completed.
- Tap Yes to save calibration settings.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”