In Android 4.4 (KitKat) / Galaxy S5, go to Settings > Under Applications section > Application Manager > All.
Look for Download manager.
Force stop, Clear data, and Clear cache.
The simple way to cancel a download in Android Lollipop is to disconnect from any internet connection, ie turn off WiFi or mobile data.
- 1 How do I stop a download in progress?
- 2 How do I stop a download on my Samsung Galaxy s8?
- 3 How do I stop a download on an Android phone?
- 4 How do you stop an app from downloading?
- 5 How do I stop a download on my mobile?
- 6 How do I stop a language download?
- 7 How do I turn off wifi download on Galaxy s8?
- 8 How do I find download manager on galaxy s8?
- 9 How do I download videos from my Samsung Galaxy s8?
- 10 How do I stop all downloads?
- 11 How do you stop apps from installing on Android?
- 12 How do I open Download Manager on Android?
- 13 How do I block my child from downloading apps?
- 14 How do I cancel an app download?
- 15 How do I stop a download on Google Chrome?
- 16 Why does my phone say download pending?
- 17 Can Google Translate be used offline?
- 18 What languages does Google Translate support?
- 19 How do I turn off offline speech recognition data?
- 20 Where are videos stored on Samsung Galaxy s8?
- 21 Where are my downloads on Samsung Galaxy s8?
- 22 How do I change USB settings on Galaxy s8?
- 23 How do I fix download pending?
- 24 Why is my phone not downloading apps?
- 25 How do I fix Google Play downloads?
How do I stop a download in progress?
Method 1 Stopping a File Download
- Open your mobile internet browser. You can use any mobile browser available on Android, such as Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.
- Find the file you want to download on your Android.
- Start your file download.
- Swipe down from the top of your screen.
- Tap the Pause button.
- Tap the Cancel button.
How do I stop a download on my Samsung Galaxy s8?
- Pull down the notification bar. To do this, swipe down from the top of the home screen. Files being downloaded appear near the top of the screen.
- Tap the download you want to stop. This opens your browser’s download manager.
- Tap X on the downloading file. The download will stop immediately.
How do I stop a download on an Android phone?
By Clearing Data of Downloads App
- Go to Android Settings.
- Usually under Device, you will find Apps. Tap on it.
- Find the App called Downloads or something similar under the All.
- Press the button that says Clear Data and confirm your action. You can also click on Force Stop.
How do you stop an app from downloading?
The setting for stopping automatic app downloads is the same on all iOS devices:
- From the home screen of the iOS device, open the “Settings” app.
- Locate the “iTunes & App Store” section of Settings and tap on that.
- Locate the “Automatic Downloads” section and toggle the switch next to “Apps” to the OFF position.
How do I stop a download on my mobile?
In Android 4.4 (KitKat) / Galaxy S5, go to Settings > Under Applications section > Application Manager > All. Look for Download manager. Force stop, Clear data, and Clear cache. The simple way to cancel a download in Android Lollipop is to disconnect from any internet connection, ie turn off WiFi or mobile data.
How do I stop a language download?
How do I stop downloading English on an Android phone? Open your Google app and tap the menu selector to open menu options. In the menu, select Settings, then select Voice, now select Offline Speech Recognition, finally select Auto Updates. Enable the option that says Do Not Auto Update.
How do I turn off wifi download on Galaxy s8?
Enable or Disable the Auto Network Switch Setting
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.
- From a Home screen, navigate:Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi.
- Ensure the Wi-Fi switch is turned on then tap the Menu icon .
- Tap Advanced.
How do I find download manager on galaxy s8?
how to enable download manager application in samsung galaxy s8 and s8 plus ?
- 1 Open “Setting” from app screen.
- 2 Tap on “Apps”.
- 3 Tap on “three dots” on the top right corner of the screen.
- 4 Select “Show System Apps”.
- 5 Search for “Download manager”
- 6 Tap on “Enable” option.
How do I download videos from my Samsung Galaxy s8?
Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
- If prompted to allow access to your data, tap ALLOW.
- Touch and hold the Status bar (located at the top) then drag to the bottom. The image depicted below is merely an example.
- From the Android System section, ensure File Transfer is selected.
How do I stop all downloads?
Go into your settings and open apps. Go to the tab that says all. Scroll down to download manager and click force stop. Then click clear data.
How do you stop apps from installing on Android?
- Stop automatic updates in Android.
- Navigate to the Google Play Store and select the three menu lines at the top left.
- Select Settings and uncheck automatic updates.
- Stop unsigned apps installing.
- Navigate to Settings, Security and toggle off Unknown sources.
How do I open Download Manager on Android?
- Open your Android’s file manager. This app, typically found in the app drawer, is usually called File Manager, My Files, or Files.
- Select your primary storage. The name varies by device, but it may be called Internal Storage or Mobile Storage.
- Tap Download. You should now see a list of all files you’ve downloaded.
How do I block my child from downloading apps?
To prevent iTunes & App Store purchases or downloads:
- Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode.
- Tap iTunes & App Store Purchases.
- Choose a setting and set to Don’t Allow.
How do I cancel an app download?
- Pause the download by tapping the icon.
- Turn the phone completely off (with red slider) thus disconnecting the phone from the app store.
- Turn the phone back on, when prompted to sign into the app store click cancel so that the download does not resume.
- Press and hold an icon to enter “shakey” mode.
How do I stop a download on Google Chrome?
How To Stop Automatic Downloads On Google Chrome
- Open your Google Chrome browser on your PC.
- Click on the utility icon at the top right.
- Click on settings.
- Scroll down and click on advanced.
- From the list of options click on content settings.
- Click on automatic downloads.
- You will see a text that says “do not allow any site to download multiple files automatically”.
Why does my phone say download pending?
1- Launch Settings in your Android phone and head over to the Apps section and then switch to “All” tab. Scroll down to Google Play Store app and then tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache. Clearing cache will help you fix the download pending problem in Play Store. Now click on Update All Apps.
Can Google Translate be used offline?
Download languages to use offline. You can download languages onto your device. This lets you translate them without an internet connection. After you’ve downloaded a language, you could be able to translate it by looking at it through your device’s camera lens.
What languages does Google Translate support?
The following languages are supported in Google Translate.
How do I turn off offline speech recognition data?
2 Answers. Settings > Language & Keyboard > Voice search > Offline Speech recognition > All. Cancel the download and restart the download if required.
Where are videos stored on Samsung Galaxy s8?
Pictures can be stored on the internal memory (ROM) or SD card.
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Camera.
- Tap the Settings icon in the top right.
- Tap Storage location.
- Tap one of the following options: Device. SD card.
Where are my downloads on Samsung Galaxy s8?
To view files in My Files:
- From home, swipe up to access Apps.
- Tap Samsung folder > My Files.
- Tap a category to view the relevant files or folders.
- Tap a file or folder to open it.
How do I change USB settings on Galaxy s8?
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Android)
- Plug the USB cable into the phone and the computer.
- Touch and drag the notification bar down.
- Touch Tap for other USB options.
- Touch the desired option (e.g., Transfer media files).
- The USB setting has been changed.
How do I fix download pending?
Download Pending Error Quick Fix for Google Play Store
- Go to your Phone’s Settings.
- Locate Appication Manager or Apps.
- Locate Google Play Store app in the application list.
- Locate the Force Stop button and tap it.
- Locate the Clear Data button and tap it.
- Locate the Clear Cache button and tap it.
Why is my phone not downloading apps?
If clearing the cache and data in your Google Play Store didn’t work then you may need to go into your Google Play Services and clear the data and cache there. Doing this is easy. You need to go into your Settings and hit Application manager or Apps. From there, find the Google Play Services app (the puzzle piece).
How do I fix Google Play downloads?
How do I fix Google Play Store not opening or downloading?
- Restart the device. 1 Press and hold the Power button until the menu pops up.
- Clear Data of the Play Store. 1 Open the Settings app and tap Apps.
- Reset the Download Manager.
- Check the Date & Time Settings.
- Check available storage space.
- Remove and re-add Google Account.
- Enable All Related Apps.
Photo in the article by “International SAP & Web Consulting”