- Open your device’s Settings. It’s typically shaped like a gear (⚙️), but it may also be an icon that contains slider bars.
- Scroll down and tap Language & input.
- Tap your active keyboard.
- Tap Text correction.
- Slide the “Auto-correction” button to the “Off” position.
- Press the Home button.
- 1 How do you edit autocorrect on Android?
- 2 How do I change my autocorrect settings?
- 3 How do you change autocorrect words on Samsung?
- 4 How do I change predictive text on my Samsung phone?
- 5 How do you delete autocorrect words on Android?
- 6 How do you change words on Android?
- 7 How do I change autocorrect on Galaxy s8?
- 8 How do I add curse words to autocorrect?
- 9 How do you change autocorrect on Samsung Galaxy s9?
- 10 How do you reset predictive text on Samsung Galaxy s8?
- 11 How do I make words Autocorrect to something else on Android?
- 12 How do I delete learned words on Galaxy s9?
- 13 How do I turn on predictive text on Samsung Galaxy s8?
- 14 How do you reset predictive text on Android?
- 15 How do you fix predictive text on Android?
- 16 How do I remove learned words from Google?
- 17 How do I change the dictionary on my Android?
- 18 How do I reset my predictive text?
- 19 How do I change the words on my phone?
- 20 How do I replace text messages on my Samsung?
- 21 How do you change words on someones phone?
- 22 How do I remove ducking from autocorrect?
- 23 How do I turn on swearing on my Android?
- 24 How do you unblock offensive words?
- 25 How do I turn on autocorrect?
- 26 How do I turn my Samsung Galaxy s8 on?
- 27 How do I turn on predictive text?
- 28 How do I turn on predictive text on TouchPal?
- 29 How do I get predictive text on s9?
- 30 How do I turn off predictive text?
How do you edit autocorrect on Android?
You have two ways to access the relevant menu — either head to Settings > Language & input > Google Keyboard, or long-press the comma (,) button when using your keyboard, choose the gear icon that pops up, then select “Google Keyboard Settings”. Once you’ve arrived at the correct menu you need to tap “Text correction”.
How do I change my autocorrect settings?
Settings>General>Keyboard>Auto-correction Toggle switch to Off. Unfortunately you can’t edit contents of the dictionary iOS uses for autocorrect, so once it learns a word, you are stuck with it. You can take a little more control of it with Shortcuts.
How do you change autocorrect words on Samsung?
To open autocorrect settings, go to your messaging app (or any other app where the keyboard pops up) and hold down the “,” button (next to your spacebar). Tap the gear icon to enter settings, and then tap “Language and input”.
How do I change predictive text on my Samsung phone?
Here’s how, when using Samsung’s keyboard:
- With the keyboard visible, tap and hold the Dictation key that sits to the left of the space bar.
- In the floating menu, tap on the Settings gear.
- Under the Smart Typing section, tap on Predictive Text and disable it at the top.
How do you delete autocorrect words on Android?
Go to Gboard settings; either from Phone settings – Language and input – Gboard or from Gboard itself by tapping the icon on the top left of the keyboard, followed by settings. In the Gboard settings, go to Dictionary. You will see an option “Delete learned words”. Tap this to remove all the learned words.
How do you change words on Android?
Here’s how to set up text expansions:
- Go to Settings -> Language & input -> tap on the settings icon for Google Keyboard.
- Tap on Personal dictionary.
- Tap the ‘+’ icon in the top right.
- Enter a long phrase and your shortcut text.
How do I change autocorrect on Galaxy s8?
Option 2 – Turn Auto-correct Completely Off
- From the Home screen, select “Apps” > “Settings” > “General management” (if an option) > “Language and input“.
- Select “On-screen keyboard“.
- Select the keyboard you are using. Most likely “Samsung keyboard“.
- The “Smart typing” section is the one you are interested.
How do I add curse words to autocorrect?
One of the ways to get your phone to formally recognize specific words that it regularly tries to autocorrect is to create a shortcut for it. Head to Settings > General > Keyboard, tap Text Replacement and hit the plus sign in the top right.
How do you change autocorrect on Samsung Galaxy s9?
Turn Off Autocorrect Features
- Open “Settings” > “General management” > “Language and input” > “On screen keyboard“.
- Choose the keyboard you are using (probably Samsung).
- Change the options in the “Smart typing” section as desired. Predictive text – Words are suggested below the keyboard field.
How do you reset predictive text on Samsung Galaxy s8?
Text entry mode
- Tap the Apps icon from the Home screen.
- Tap Settings, then tap General management.
- Tap Language and input.
- Scroll down to “Keyboards and input methods” and tap Samsung keyboard.
- Under “Smart typing,” tap Predictive text.
- Tap the Predictive text switch to On.
How do I make words Autocorrect to something else on Android?
Nonetheless, here are the steps:
- Select Settings on your Android phone.
- Tap on Language and Keyboard.
- Go to the menu where you can access settings for the User dictionary (sometimes called Personal dictionary).
- Once you are there, you may manually add the words by pressing Add and then OK after typing a particular word.
How do I delete learned words on Galaxy s9?
How To Remove Words From Dictionary On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
- Launch an app that gets you to the Samsung Keyboard.
- Then begin typing the word you want to remove.
- Keep typing until it appears in the suggestion bar.
- Once you see it, tap it and hold.
How do I turn on predictive text on Samsung Galaxy s8?
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings > General management.
- Tap Language and input.
- Tap Virtual keyboard.
- Tap Samsung Keyboard.
- Tap Predictive text.
- Tap the Predictive text Switch to On.
- If desired, tap the Auto preplace to On.
How do you reset predictive text on Android?
Clear Personalized Data
- > General Management.
- Tap on Language & Input.
- Tap on Samsung Keyboard.
- Tap on Reset Settings.
- Tap on Clear Personalised Data.
- Note: If you don’t want to show predictive words anymore you can switch the predictive text option off.
- Tap on Reset Keyboard Settings.
How do you fix predictive text on Android?
An entire paragraph from predictive text.
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Language & input.
- Tap on Google Keyboard (assuming this is the keyboard you use)
- Tap on Text correction.
- Tap to disable Next-word suggestions (Figure D)
How do I remove learned words from Google?
Delete Learned Words From a Google Device
- Next, tap “Languages & input“.
- On the “Languages & input” screen, tap “Virtual keyboard“.
- Tap “Gboard“, which is now the default keyboard on Google devices.
- Tap “Dictionary” on the “Gboard keyboard settings” screen and then tap “Delete learned words“.
How do I change the dictionary on my Android?
For example, in the Verizon-branded LG G phone, the personal dictionary is found by following these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Tap Language & input.
- Tap the settings button for your keyboard.
- Tap Additional settings.
- Scroll down and tap Personal dictionary.
How do I reset my predictive text?
To reset your keyboard dictionary, head into your iPhone’s settings and tap on General. Scroll down till you see Reset and tap on Reset Keyboard Dictionary. You’ll then be prompted to enter your passcode (if you have one set) and then have the option to fully reset the predictive words from showing up.
How do I change the words on my phone?
His or her phone can enable typing/ texting shortcuts.
- Step 1: Adding Shortcuts.
- Click on “General.”
- Scroll down and click on “Keyboard.”
- Scroll down and click on “Add New Shortcut”
- In the “Shortcut” box type in what word you want to use.
- In the “Phrase” box think of fun words or replacement words.
How do I replace text messages on my Samsung?
Samsung Galaxy S8 text shortcuts – Tip
- Open the app menu and then the settings.
- Scroll down and select “General administration” and then “Language and input”
- Tap “On-Screen Keyboard” and then “Samsung Keyboard”
- Tap “Text Recognition” and continue with “Text-Shortcuts”.
- You can now create a new app shortcut using the “Add” button.
- Tap “Add” to save it.
How do you change words on someones phone?
How to create keyboard shortcuts on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Tap on Keyboard.
- Tap on Text Replacement.
- Tap on the + in the top right corner.
- In the Phrase field, type in the entire phrase you’d like to create a shortcut for.
How do I remove ducking from autocorrect?
Tap General. Tap Keyboard. Toggle the option for “Auto-Correction” so that it’s off.
If, for example, you want to replace “ducking” with a naughtier word, you can do that here:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Tap Keyboard.
- Choose “Text Replacement”
- Tap the + button in the top-right corner.
How do I turn on swearing on my Android?
How to do this:
- Go to settings.
- Select “Language and Input”
- Select “Personal Dictionary”
- Select “+”
- Select the Phrase field.
- Add the specific profane word you want to use in that field.
- Select “Next” on your keyboard.
- Select “Done” on your keyboard.
How do you unblock offensive words?
Samsung Galaxy Tabs For Dummies
- At the Home screen, touch the Apps icon.
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose the Controls tab, if you see it on the Settings app screen.
- On the left side of the screen, select Language and Input.
- Touch the Settings icon next to Google Voice Typing.
- Deselect the Block Offensive Words option.
How do I turn on autocorrect?
Steps to disable autocorrect
- Step 1: Go to Settings > General > Keyboard.
- Step 2: Make sure the Auto-Correction toggle is set to the off position.
- Step 1: Go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Step 2: Tap Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
- Step 3: If you have a password set, it will ask you to enter it at this time.
How do I turn my Samsung Galaxy s8 on?
If you press and hold the power button for 2-4 seconds, you will get the Galaxy S8 power button options:
- Power off. Tap this button (marked as 1 in the screenshot below) to power off Galaxy S8 and S8+.
- Restart. Tap this button (marked as 2 in the screenshot below) to reboot Galaxy S8 or S8+.
- Use emergence mode.
How do I turn on predictive text?
This brings up a shortcut to toggle predictive text on and off. Alternatively, you can head to your iPhone’s Settings menu. Tap on “General,” then “Keyboard” to see the full options for your iOS keyboard, and turn predictive text off.
How do I turn on predictive text on TouchPal?
You can go to Settings>Language & Input>TouchPal for vivo>Prediction, turn off Prediction. You can also press and hold the button on the left of Blank or Voice button on the interface of Input method until the little window pops out, turn on/off Prediction.
How do I get predictive text on s9?
Turning Off Predictive Text on Galaxy S9
- Turn on your Galaxy S9 smartphone.
- Select the Settings.
- In the Settings, tap on Language & Input setting.
- In the Language and Input menu, tap On for the Keyboard option.
- Now you need to set the Predictive Text feature ON.
How do I turn off predictive text?
To turn off predictive text, tap Text correction and then at the bottom of the next screen, turn off “Next-word suggestions”.
You have to turn off prediction from your keyboard settings.
- Go to Settings > Language &input.
- Tap on the settings (in my phone, settings logo appeared there) of the current keyboard.
Photo in the article by “DeviantArt”