To connect an Android phone or tablet to a TV you can use an MHL/SlimPort (via Micro-USB) or Micro-HDMI cable if supported, or wirelessly cast your screen using Miracast or Chromecast.
In this article we’ll look at your options for viewing your phone or tablet’s screen on the TV.
Can I connect Android phone to LED TV with USB cable?
To connect using a wired connection, you will need:
- 1 An HDMI cable.
- 3 A TV with an HDMI connection.
- 4 Your mobile device.
- 1 Connect the micro USB port attached to the adaptor to your device.
- 2 Connect a power supply to the adaptor (you can use a USB port or plug)
- 3 Connect the HDMI cable to your OTG or MHL Adaptor.
How do I connect my phone to my TV without HDMI?
All you need to do is to connect your phone to the TV using an HDMI cable (if your phone does not have an HDMI port, you can get a micro USB-to-HDMI adaptor to redress the situation). With most devices, you will be able to see the contents of your phone on a big display.
Can I connect my phone to TV with HDMI?
Use a wire to connect. Nearly all smartphones and tablets can plug into an HDMI-ready TV. One cable end plugs into your phone or tablet while the other plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. Once connected, whatever you display on your phone will also show up on your TV.
How do I connect my Galaxy s7 to my TV using USB?
- Make sure that your TV supports HDMI.
- Buy an MicroUSB-to-HDMI adapter.
- Buy an HDMI cable if needed.
- Connect your HDMI adapter to your Samsung Galaxy.
- Connect the HDMI adapter to a power source.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to your HDTV.
- Turn on your TV.
- Select the HDMI cable’s input.
How do I connect my phone to my TV using USB?
To connect an Android phone or tablet to a TV you can use an MHL/SlimPort (via Micro-USB) or Micro-HDMI cable if supported, or wirelessly cast your screen using Miracast or Chromecast. In this article we’ll look at your options for viewing your phone or tablet’s screen on the TV.
How do I connect my Android phone to my TV using AV cables?
That’s what you would need to connect an MHL-enabled Android phone to your TV. Connect the Micro USB to HDMI cable (MHL Cable) to your phone, and then connect the other end to the HDMI input port on your TV, and you are good to go.
Can you connect your phone to a non smart TV?
If your non-Samsung TV has Wi-Fi enabled, you may be able to connect using the screen mirroring feature on your Samsung device or Quick Connect if the TV supports it. You can also use an Allshare Cast to connect to HDMI enabled TVs and monitors. You may also be able to connect via an HDMI cable.
How do I connect my USB to my TV?
Making a Connection and Playback
- Connect the USB device to the TV USB port to enjoy photo, music and video files stored in the device.
- Turn on the connected USB device if necessary.
- Press the HOME button on the TV remote to reveal the menu.
- Depending on the TV model you can go to either one of the following:
How do I connect my Samsung phone to my TV?
To connect wirelessly, go to your phone’s Settings, then tap on Connections > Screen mirroring. Turn mirroring on, and your compatible HDTV, Blu-ray player, or AllShare Hub should appear in the device list. Choose your device and mirroring will begin automatically.
How do I mirror my Android to my TV?
Miracast Screen Sharing App –Mirror Android Screen to TV
- Download and install the app on your phone.
- Connect both devices in the same WiFi network.
- Launch the application from your phone, and enable Miracast Display on your TV.
- On your phone click the “START” to start mirroring.
How do I connect my smartphone to my smart TV wirelessly?
How to connect a smartphone to TV wirelessly?
- Go to Settings > Look for screen mirroring / Cast screen / Wireless display option on your phone.
- By clicking on the above option, your mobile identifies the Miracast enabled TV or dongle and displays it on the screen.
- Tap on the name to initiate connection.
- To stop mirroring tap on Disconnect.
How can I cast without WiFi?
Being connected to the same network as the Google Cast-enabled device has been a solid requirement so far. It really seems like some form of wizardry. Users don’t need to do much to access Chromecast without a WiFi connection. Simply tap the Chromecast button and select “Nearby Devices”.
Can I connect my Samsung s7 to my TV?
In 5 easy steps, you can successfully connect your Smartphone to your TV. Purchase an MHL adapter that is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S7. Use a standard HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the HDMI port on your television. Set the TV to display video from the HDMI port you are using.
How do I mirror my Samsung to my TV?
How to Set Up Screen Mirroring on Your Samsung TV
- Download the SmartThings app. If you don’t have it on your phone or tablet already, download and install the SmartThings app.
- Open Screen Sharing.
- Get your phone and TV on the same network.
- Add your Samsung TV, and allow sharing.
- Select Smart View to share content.
- Use your phone as a remote.
How do I connect USB to Samsung TV?
CLICK HERE to know how to connect a USB Mouse in Samsung Smart TV.
- 1 Locate the USB port on your TV.
- 2 Connect the USB cable to the USB port on your TV.
- 3 Keyboard Options will appear on the screen.
- 4 Press the RETURN button on your remote after selecting the language.
- 5 Select Keyboard Type to change the type setting.
How can I connect my Android phone to projector via USB?
Connect Android to Projector via USB and Wireless
- MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) : If the Android device supports MHL, you can connect the HDMI adapter to the device and then connect the HDMI port to the projector.
- HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) : A mini HDMI cable could be used to connect directly to the standard HDMI port on the projector.
Can you cast to a non smart TV?
Yes, you can use Chromecast with a non-smart TV as long as the TV has an HDMI input port. But, NO, you can’t use a Chromecast all alone.
Can you connect phone to TV without WiFi?
5. MHL Cable – Cast Screen to TV Without WiFi. Simply connect one end of an MHL cable plug into the micro USB port on your phone while the other will plug into an HDMI port on a television or monitor.
How do I hook my phone to my TV to watch Netflix?
Connect using Netflix 2nd Screen
- Connect your mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
- Launch the Netflix app on both your TV and your mobile device.
- Sign in to the same Netflix account on both your TV and your mobile device.
- Select the Cast icon in the upper or lower right corner of the screen.
How can I watch kayo on my TV?
To watch Kayo on your TV with Telstra TV, head to the Telstra TV app store and download the Kayo Sports app. Then, put Kayo on your TV’s home screen for easy access and you’re good to go.
How do I connect my LG g3 to my TV with USB?
LG G3 (Android)
- Plug the USB cable into the phone.
- Touch and drag the notification bar down.
- Touch Charge phone.
- Touch the desired option (e.g., Media device (MTP)).
- The USB connection option has been changed.
What is the USB port on my TV for?
USB ports on a TV serve a variety of functions, including as an input for USB flash drives and powering a TV antenna or streaming device. You could even use it to charge your smartphone if you wanted.
How can I play USB on my TV?
Insert the USB drive into the available USB port on the television. Push “Input” on the TV remote control and select “USB.” This brings up the USB content on the television screen.
Can a phone be used as a USB flash drive?
A USB flash storage device. This one is largely up to you. Any storage with a USB connector will work as long as it’s formatted as FAT32. You can plug it into your computer, transfer files onto it, then plug it into your phone and stream media without the need for a separate OTG cable.
How can I cast my Android phone to my TV?
Step 2. Cast your screen from your Android device
- Connect your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in.
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top left corner of the app’s Home screen, tap Menu Cast Screen / audio Cast Screen / audio.
How do I connect my Android phone to my Samsung TV?
Method 3 Using Your Phone as a Remote
- Connect your phone and Samsung TV to the same network.
- Download the Samsung Smart View app.
- Open the Samsung Smart View app.
- Tap your Samsung Smart TV.
- Select Allow on your TV.
- Tap the remote icon.
How do I connect my Samsung phone to my MI TV?
Follow below steps to connect Xiaomi phone to TV :
- Navigate to smart mirroring and start it on your Smart TV.
- Now Go to settings in your Mi Mobile.
- Tap on More. and Choose – Wireless Display.
- Turn on this function.
- Tap on your TV name now system takes some time to connect.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”