You’ll need to be on v13.35 of the YouTube app or newer for this to work.
- Access YouTube’s settings. The first thing you’ll need to do to use dark mode on the YouTube app is access the settings menu for the app.
- Tap the General tab.
- Toggle on Dark Theme.
How do I turn on dark mode on YouTube app?
YouTube has a dark mode. Here’s how to turn it on
- Launch the YouTube app and tap your account icon in the top-right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap to toggle on Dark theme.
How do I turn on dark mode on Android?
This will give you access to the Developer options, which you can then find in Settings by going to System > Advanced > Developer options. Scroll down until you see Night Mode near the bottom of the first section of the menu. You can set it to “Always on” or “Automatic (based on time of day).”
How do you get a dark YouTube theme on Android?
Watch YouTube in Dark theme
- Select your profile picture .
- Tap Settings .
- Tap General.
- Tap Dark theme to toggle the feature on or off.
How do you turn on dark mode on Android Oreo?
How to Enable Android Dark Mode on Android 9.0 Pie
- Go to Settings > Display, then tap the Advanced drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.
- From there, tap Device theme, then simply tap Dark from the pop-up dialog box.
How do I turn on night mode on my Android?
How to enable dark mode on Samsung Galaxy phones with One UI (Android 9 Pie)
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Display.
- Look for Night mode and tap on the toggle to turn on Night mode right away.
- To configure Night mode, tap on the entry itself rather than the toggle.
How do I turn on dark mode?
Enable Dark Mode. Tap “Try It in settings” and it should bring you to your Messenger profile. Just under your name you should see the option to turn on Dark Mode.
How do I turn my Android into dark mode?
- Open the overflow menu by tapping three dots on the upper-right side.
- Head to Settings> General.
- Tap on Dark Mode to turn the dark mode on. The app will restart in order to apply the dark mode.
Is there a dark mode for Android?
Once done, it’s a breeze to enable dark mode. All you have to do is visit “Display” in “Settings” and choose the dark mode among other options. Once switched, not every thing will be darkened though. It turns out that Google’s definition of “dark” for Android is, as of now, in a beta phase.
How do I turn on night mode?
Open Control Center. Firmly press the Brightness control icon, then tap to turn Night Shift on or off. Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Night Shift. On the same screen, you can schedule a time for Night Shift to turn on automatically and adjust color temperature.
How do I get dark mode on my Android?
Scroll down to the bottom, click on “Build number” and tap that seven times, giving you access to Developer options. Find Developer options by going into your setting app again, and rerouting to System > Adbanced > Developer. Scroll down to “Night Mode” and set it to wither “Always on” or “Automatic.”
How do I turn on dark mode on my android messages?
- Launch Android “Messages” app. on your device.
- Tap on the ⋮ menu. You will see the three dots menu at the top right of the app.
- Tap on Enable dark mode. It will be the fourth option in the list.
- Watch the Messages app’s interface darken.
How do I turn on dark mode on Whatsapp?
Make WhatsApp Darker
- To apply a dark background to WhatsApp simply launch the app.
- Tap on the Settings tab from the button bar.
- Tap on Chats > Chat Wallpaper > Solid Colors.
- From the Solid Colors screen scroll down and select the dark grey color.
How do you turn on night mode on Oreos?
- Go to the Settings. Unlock your phone and navigate to the menu.
- Navigate to Display settings. Tap on the Display option, under the Battery option.
- Tap on Night Light. It will be the second option on the list.
- Turn on Night Light feature.
- Adjust the intensity of the light (optional).
- Turn off the Night Light feature.
Does Android Oreo have night mode?
There’s already a Dark Mode and Light Mode on the latest version of Android Oreo. It’s automatic – and that’s part of what some Android users suggest is the problem. What’s in play right now is Wallpaper-based automatic theme switching.
Is there a night mode on Android?
So long as your phone has reasonably up-to-date software, you can enable night mode like so. To activate it, just go to Settings > Display > Night Light. You can also configure it so that Night Light will turn off automatically at certain times.
How do I get youtube in dark mode?
How to Enable YouTube’s New Dark Mode
- Editor’s Note: This story was updated on March 13 per dark mode coming to YouTube on mobile devices.
- MORE: How to Download YouTube Videos on Your Android Phone.
- Click your Profile icon in the top right corner.
- Click Dark Theme.
- Click the Dark Theme switch.
- Tap Settings.
- Turn Dark Mode on.
How do I turn on night mode on Google?
Manage volume and LED brightness with Night mode
- Turn on Night mode. Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Google Home device. Open the Google Home app . In Home , tap the device you want to adjust.
- Schedule Night mode. Under “From,” tap choose the time OK. Under “To,” tap choose the time OK.
Is Night mode good for eyes?
Apple’s night mode doesn’t simply dim the screen. But assuming Night Shift works in the right way, saying that warmer colors are ‘easier on your eyes’ is misleading: night mode doesn’t reduce eye strain – it helps stop light from affecting the brain.
What is dark mode Mojave?
In macOS Mojave in Dark Mode, dark colors are used in place of light colors in the user interface. Instead, it’s inverted so the bar is a dark color and the the text is white. That dark theme is carried throughout the UI.
How do I enable dark on Chrome?
- Open the Apple settings and click System Preferences.
- Click “General.”
- Locate the “Appearance” setting, and select “Dark.”
- Chrome will automatically transition to Dark Mode.
Will IOS get a dark mode?
A proper dark mode has yet to arrive on iOS. But for now, we can use Smart Invert to achieve a similar effect. So the colors on your iOS device will be changed such as white becoming black, but your photos and videos will look as they normally do.
How do I turn off dark mode in contacts?
Finally, the last method to enable dark mode in Contacts app is to turn on Battery Saver. Once enabled, dark mode will turn on automatically in Contacts on most phones. To do this, open your Settings app, choose “Battery,” then select “Battery Saver.”
Is there a dark mode for Chrome?
Dark mode for Chrome as a whole. Unlike Gmail, Google’s Chrome browser does not feature a built-in dark mode. There is, however, an extension that lets you enable dark mode for any web page, including Gmail. It’s also great for Google Drive, which lacks a built-in dark mode option.
How do I enable night mode on Chrome Android?
Use these steps to enable Chrome’s dark mode with advanced settings on Android:
- Open Chrome.
- Use the drop-down menu and select the Enabled option.
- Tap the Relaunch Now button.
- Tap the main settings (three-dotted) button in the top-right and select the Settings option.
- Tap the Dark mode option.
- Turn on the toggle switch.
How do I turn on night mode on my Samsung Galaxy s9?
How to turn on dark mode for the Samsung Galaxy S10, S9, and Note
- Tap on the phone’s Settings icon.
- Scroll down through the menu option until you see the Display selection, and then tap on it.
- Go to the Night Mode option and then tap on the toggle on the right side to turn it on.
How do I turn my computer on night mode?
Here’s how to activate it.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Click the gear icon to bring up the Settings Menu.
- Choose System.
- Select Display.
- Toggle the Night light switch to On.
- Click Night light settings to adjust the level of blue displayed, or determine the time for Night Light to activate automatically.
How do I turn on night mode in Google Chrome?
Click right on the gray lamp button, and select Options in the menu. You see a new tab show up in your Chrome tab strip and click on the tab Night Mode. And enable the first checkbox to activate the Night Mode feature.
Is Dark mode actually better for your eyes?
The implication for mostly dark screens is that, while they appear to have better contrast (they do not; but more on that below), the real effect is that it causes the eye to do more work than a mostly white screen because the amount of light entering the eye is less.
Is Dark mode better for eyes?
100% contrast (white text on a black background) is typically harder to read and may cause more eye strain. Applications that require reading long passages of text will typically be harder to read in a light-on-dark theme.
Is night shift better for your eyes?
Aside from quality sleep and reducing the impact of blue light to the body’s circadian rhythms, the Night Shift feature can also lessen digital eye strain and help limit the amount of blue light that goes through the eye.
Photo in the article by “Moving at the Speed of Creativity”