Factory reset your Android device
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap System Advanced Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data (factory reset) Reset phone or Reset tablet.
- To erase all data from your device’s internal storage, tap Erase everything.
- When your device has finished erasing, pick the option to restart.
- Simultaneously press and hold the power button + volume up button + home key until the Samsung logo appears, then release only the power button.
- From the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Yes — delete all user data.
- Select reboot system now.
How do I perform a Hard Key Reset on my device?
- Begin with the device turned off.
- Power the device on while holding the Volume Down and Power Button.
- Once the ZTE logo appears on the screen, release ONLY the power button.
- Use the Volume Up/Down Keys to navigate the Android System Recovery Menu.
- Highlight Wipe data/Factory reset.
- Press Power key to select.
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Master reset with hardware keys
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume down and Power key.
- When the phone vibrates, release the Power key.
- When the Android recovery screen appears, release the Volume down key.
- At the beginning switch off the phone by using the Power button.
- Afterwards press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power key for a couple of seconds.
- When you see a menu with two options, remove your hand from buttons.
- Then press Volume Up to enter Android System Recover.
An alternate reset method is available if the device can be powered on and is responsive.
- Ensure the device is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up/Down buttons then press the Power button.
- Press the Volume Down button to tap Recovery then press the Volume Up button.
- From the DROID triage screen:
Perform a hard reset on the phone to bypass the phone’s software options. Press the “Volume Down” button, and while holding it also press the “Power” button. Release the “Power” button to gain access to a storage menu. Release the “Volume Down” button at this time.ALCATEL ONETOUCH Idol™ X (Android)
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold Volume up and Power buttons until the reset interface appears on the screen.
- Touch the desired language.
- Touch wipe data/factory reset.
- Touch Yes — delete all user data.
- The phone will now wipe all contents.
- Touch reboot system now.
- Switch off the cell phone.
- Afterwards press and hold Volume Up + Power button for about 15 seconds, and until you see Android recovery menu.
- Then select “wipe data/factory reset” using Volume Down to scroll option, and press Power button to accept.
How do you hard reset an Android phone?
Turn off the phone and then press and hold the Volume Up key and Power key simultaneously until the Android system recover screen appears. Use the Volume Down key to highlight the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then use the Power button to make the selection.
What does a factory reset do on Android?
A factory reset is a built-in feature from most providers that uses software to automatically erase the information stored on the internal memory of the device. It’s called a “factory reset” because the process returns the device to the form it was originally when it left the factory.
Does factory reset remove all data?
After encrypting your phone data, you can safely Factory reset your phone. However, it should be noted that all data will be deleted so if you would like to save any data make a backup of it first. To Factory Reset your phone go to: Settings and tap on Backup and reset under the heading “PERSONAL”.
How do I completely wipe my Android phone?
To wipe your stock Android device, head to the “Backup & reset” section of your Settings app and tap the option to for “Factory Data Reset.” The wiping process will take some time, but once it’s finished, your Android will reboot and you will see the same welcome screen you saw the first time you booted it up.
How do you factory reset a locked Android phone?
Press and hold the following keys at the same time: Volume Down Key + Power/Lock Key on the back of the phone. Release the Power/Lock Key only when the LG logo is displayed, then immediately press and hold the Power/Lock Key again. Release all keys when the Factory hard reset screen is displayed.
How do I do a soft reset on my Android?
Soft Reset Your Phone
- Hold the power button down until you see the boot menu then hit Power off.
- Remove the battery, wait a few seconds and then put it back in. This only works if you have a removable battery.
- Hold the power button down until the phone turns off. You may have to hold the button for a minute or more.
Is it bad to factory reset your phone?
It’s time to factory reset your phone. Well, not physically cleaning your phone — although that isn’t a bad idea — but giving your phone’s software a good scrubbing. If you’ve had your phone for a while, you may notice it isn’t running as smoothly as the day you purchased it.
What does factory reset do Samsung?
A factory reset, also known as a hard reset or master reset, is an effective, last resort method of troubleshooting for mobile phones. It will restore your phone to its original factory settings, erasing all your data in the process. Because of this, it’s important to back up information before you do a factory reset.
Is factory reset enough Android?
The standard answer is a factory reset, which wipes the memory and restores the phone’s setting, but there’s a growing body of evidence that, for Android phones at least, the factory reset isn’t enough.
Does factory reset remove all data permanently?
Factory-resetting an Android device works in a similar way. The phone reformats its drive, designating the old data on it as logically deleted. It means that the pieces of data are not permanently erased, but writing over them has been made possible.
How do I delete everything off my Android phone?
Go to Settings > Backup & reset. Tap Factory data reset. On the next screen, tick the box marked Erase phone data. You can also choose to remove data from the memory card on some phones – so be careful what button you tap on.
Does factory reset unlock phone?
Factory Reset. Performing a factory reset on a phone returns it to its out-of-box state. If a third party reset the phone, the codes that changed the phone from locked to unlocked are removed. If you purchased the phone as unlocked before you went through setup, then the unlock should remain even if you reset the phone
How do I wipe my Android phone to sell it?
How to wipe your Android
- Step 1: Start by backing up your data.
- Step 2: Deactivate factory reset protection.
- Step 3: Log out of your Google accounts.
- Step 4: Delete any saved passwords from your browsers.
- Step 5: Remove your SIM card and any external storage.
- Step 6: Encrypt your phone.
- Step 7: Upload dummy data.
How do I wipe my Android phone before selling it?
Step 1: Open up Settings > About > Reset Your Phone. Step 2: Confirm the action and then wait for the phone to wipe. Step 3: Connect the phone to a PC and open My Computer.
How do I clear my Android before selling?
Method 1: How to Wipe Android Phone or Tablet by Factory Reset
- Tap on Menu and find Settings.
- Scroll down and touch on “Backup & Reset” once.
- Tap on “Factory Data Reset” followed “Reset Phone”.
- Now wait few minutes while your device finish the factory reset operation.
What is Android hard reset?
A hard reset, also known as a factory reset or master reset, is the restoration of a device to the state it was in when it left the factory. All settings, applications and data added by the user are removed.
How do you unlock a Samsung phone if you forgot the password?
Go to “wipe data/factory reset” by using the volume down key. Select “Yes, delete all user data” on the device. Step 3. Reboot system, the phone lock password has been deleted, and you will see an unlock phone.
How do I unlock my Samsung phone if I forgot my pin?
Method 1. Use ‘Find My Mobile’ feature on Samsung Phone
- First of all, set up your Samsung account and log in.
- Click “Lock My Screen” button.
- Enter new PIN in the first field.
- Click “Lock” button at the bottom.
- Within few minutes, it will change lock screen password to the PIN so that you can unlock your device.
Does factory reset harm your phone?
Well, as other said, factory reset is not bad because it remove all /data partitions and clear all cache which boost phone’s performance. It should not hurt the phone — it simply restores it to its “out-of-box” (new) condition in terms of software. Note that it will not remove any software updates made to the phone.
What happens if I reboot my Android phone?
In simple words reboot is nothing but restarting your phone. Don’t worry about your data being erased.Reboot option actually saves your time by automatically shutting down and turning it back on without you have to do anything. If you want to format your device you can do it by using an option called factory reset.
How can I reset my phone without losing everything?
There are few ways you can reset your Android phone without losing anything. Backup most your stuff on your SD card, and synchronize your phone with a Gmail account so you won’t lose any contacts. If you don’t want to do that, there’s an app called My Backup Pro that can do the same job.
How can I get my pictures back after factory reset android?
- Download and install Android Data Recovery.
- Run the program.
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’ in your phone.
- Connect phone to pc via usb cable.
- Click ‘Start’ in the software.
- Click ‘Allow’ in the device.
- Software will now scan for recoverable files.
- After scan is finished, you can preview and restore pics.
How do you wipe an Android phone?
3: Perform a factory reset to fully erase your device. This part is the actual wipe of your Android phone: Go back into the system settings and look for a section called “Backup & reset.” If you don’t see that, try opening the System section and then look for either “Backup & reset” or just “Reset.”
Does factory reset remove virus?
Factory resets don’t remove infected files stored on backups: viruses can return to the computer when you restore your old data. The backup storage device should be fully scanned for virus and malware infections before any data is moved back from the drive to the computer.
Photo in the article by “Where Can I FLY”