Factory reset your Android device
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap System Advanced Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data (factory reset) Reset phone or Reset tablet.
- To erase all data from your device’s internal storage, tap Erase everything.
- When your device has finished erasing, pick the option to restart.
- Simultaneously press and hold the power button + volume up button + home key until the Samsung logo appears, then release only the power button.
- From the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Yes — delete all user data.
- Select reboot system now.
How do I perform a Hard Key Reset on my device?
- Begin with the device turned off.
- Power the device on while holding the Volume Down and Power Button.
- Once the ZTE logo appears on the screen, release ONLY the power button.
- Use the Volume Up/Down Keys to navigate the Android System Recovery Menu.
- Highlight Wipe data/Factory reset.
- Press Power key to select.
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Master reset with hardware keys
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume down and Power key.
- When the phone vibrates, release the Power key.
- When the Android recovery screen appears, release the Volume down key.
ALCATEL ONETOUCH Idol™ X (Android)
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold Volume up and Power buttons until the reset interface appears on the screen.
- Touch the desired language.
- Touch wipe data/factory reset.
- Touch Yes — delete all user data.
- The phone will now wipe all contents.
- Touch reboot system now.
- At the beginning switch off the phone by using the Power button.
- Afterwards press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power key for a couple of seconds.
- When you see a menu with two options, remove your hand from buttons.
- Then press Volume Up to enter Android System Recover.
An alternate reset method is available if the device can be powered on and is responsive.
- Ensure the device is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up/Down buttons then press the Power button.
- Press the Volume Down button to tap Recovery then press the Volume Up button.
- From the DROID triage screen:
When the device powers on, release the Power button but continue to hold the Volume up button until the Recovery screen appears. Use the volume buttons to scroll to ‘Wipe data/factory reset,’ then press the Power button to select it. Scroll down to “Yes – erase all user data,” then press the Power button to select it.First method:
- Switch off the cell phone.
- Afterwards press and hold Volume Up + Power button for about 15 seconds, and until you see Android recovery menu.
- Then select “wipe data/factory reset” using Volume Down to scroll option, and press Power button to accept.
Perform a hard reset on the phone to bypass the phone’s software options. Press the “Volume Down” button, and while holding it also press the “Power” button. Release the “Power” button to gain access to a storage menu. Release the “Volume Down” button at this time.
- 1 How do I do a factory reset?
- 2 Does factory reset remove all data?
- 3 How do I backup my phone before factory reset?
- 4 How do I wipe my phone before selling it?
- 5 What does a factory reset do on Android?
- 6 How do you factory reset a locked Android?
- 7 Does factory reset remove all data permanently?
- 8 How do I delete everything off my Android phone?
- 9 Can data be recovered after factory reset?
- 10 What does factory reset do Samsung?
- 11 What happens if I factory reset my phone?
- 12 Does factory reset harm your phone?
- 13 Should I factory reset my phone before selling?
- 14 How do I wipe my Android phone to sell it?
- 15 How do I securely wipe my Android phone?
- 16 Is factory reset enough Android?
- 17 How can I get my pictures back after factory reset android?
- 18 What happens when you wipe data/factory reset?
- 19 Does factory reset remove network lock?
- 20 How do I reset my Android phone if I forgot my Google Account password?
- 21 How can I format my Android phone without unlocking it?
How do I do a factory reset?
Simply turn off your device. Then press some certain buttons combined, like “Power” + “Volume –”, or “Home” + “Back”, to enter Recovery Mode. Select “Wipe date/factory reset” in the option menu thus your Android is in the factory reset process.
Does factory reset remove all data?
After encrypting your phone data, you can safely Factory reset your phone. However, it should be noted that all data will be deleted so if you would like to save any data make a backup of it first. To Factory Reset your phone go to: Settings and tap on Backup and reset under the heading “PERSONAL”.
How do I backup my phone before factory reset?
Step 1: On your Android phone or tablet (with SIM), go to Settings >> Personal >> Backup and Reset. You will see two options there; you need to select both. They are “Backup my data” and “Automatic restore”.
How do I wipe my phone before selling it?
The easiest way to wipe a Windows Phone 7, 8 or 8.1, or Windows 10 Mobile device is to perform a factory reset and then load dummy data to overwrite traces of the original data. Step 1: Open up Settings > About > Reset Your Phone. Step 2: Confirm the action and then wait for the phone to wipe.
What does a factory reset do on Android?
A factory reset is a built-in feature from most providers that uses software to automatically erase the information stored on the internal memory of the device. It’s called a “factory reset” because the process returns the device to the form it was originally when it left the factory.
How do you factory reset a locked Android?
Press and hold the following keys at the same time: Volume Down Key + Power/Lock Key on the back of the phone. Release the Power/Lock Key only when the LG logo is displayed, then immediately press and hold the Power/Lock Key again. Release all keys when the Factory hard reset screen is displayed.
Does factory reset remove all data permanently?
Factory-resetting an Android device works in a similar way. The phone reformats its drive, designating the old data on it as logically deleted. It means that the pieces of data are not permanently erased, but writing over them has been made possible.
How do I delete everything off my Android phone?
Go to Settings > Backup & reset. Tap Factory data reset. On the next screen, tick the box marked Erase phone data. You can also choose to remove data from the memory card on some phones – so be careful what button you tap on.
Can data be recovered after factory reset?
EaseUS MobiSaver for Android is a nice choice. It can help you effectively recover all person media data such as contacts, messages, photos, videos, music files, documents on the Android phone lost due to factory reset. It is an extremely hard situation to recover data after factory reset on an Android Phone.
What does factory reset do Samsung?
A factory reset, also known as a hard reset or master reset, is an effective, last resort method of troubleshooting for mobile phones. It will restore your phone to its original factory settings, erasing all your data in the process. Because of this, it’s important to back up information before you do a factory reset.
What happens if I factory reset my phone?
You can remove data from your Android phone or tablet by resetting it to factory settings. Resetting this way is also called “formatting” or a “hard reset.” Important: A factory reset erases all your data from your device. If you’re resetting to fix an issue, we recommend first trying other solutions.
Does factory reset harm your phone?
Well, as other said, factory reset is not bad because it remove all /data partitions and clear all cache which boost phone’s performance. It should not hurt the phone — it simply restores it to its “out-of-box” (new) condition in terms of software. Note that it will not remove any software updates made to the phone.
Should I factory reset my phone before selling?
Here are four essential steps you must take before you seal the envelope and send your device to a trade-in service or to your carrier.
- Back up your phone.
- Encrypt your data.
- Perform a factory reset.
- Remove any SIM or SD cards.
- Clean the phone.
How do I wipe my Android phone to sell it?
How to wipe your Android
- Step 1: Start by backing up your data.
- Step 2: Deactivate factory reset protection.
- Step 3: Log out of your Google accounts.
- Step 4: Delete any saved passwords from your browsers.
- Step 5: Remove your SIM card and any external storage.
- Step 6: Encrypt your phone.
- Step 7: Upload dummy data.
How do I securely wipe my Android phone?
From there enter your password, tap on your account, and then choose More > Remove Account. Go to Settings > Security > Encrypt phone to begin the process. On Samsung Galaxy hardware, go to Settings > Lock Screen & Security > Protect Encrypted Data. You will be guided through the process.
Is factory reset enough Android?
The standard answer is a factory reset, which wipes the memory and restores the phone’s setting, but there’s a growing body of evidence that, for Android phones at least, the factory reset isn’t enough.
How can I get my pictures back after factory reset android?
- Download and install Android Data Recovery.
- Run the program.
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’ in your phone.
- Connect phone to pc via usb cable.
- Click ‘Start’ in the software.
- Click ‘Allow’ in the device.
- Software will now scan for recoverable files.
- After scan is finished, you can preview and restore pics.
What happens when you wipe data/factory reset?
If that is what you meant there, then your device won’t boot after that because there is no OS installed. To clear your confusion factory reset only set your device back to the default settings when you buy it. Means it will wipe your downloaded apps, cache, saved data, contacts, messages etc..
Does factory reset remove network lock?
Factory Reset. Performing a factory reset on a phone returns it to its out-of-box state. If a third party reset the phone, the codes that changed the phone from locked to unlocked are removed. If you purchased the phone as unlocked before you went through setup, then the unlock should remain even if you reset the phone
How do I reset my Android phone if I forgot my Google Account password?
Reset your pattern (Android 4.4 or lower only)
- After you’ve tried to unlock your device multiple times, you’ll see “Forgot pattern.” Tap Forgot pattern.
- Enter the Google Account username and password you previously added to your device.
- Reset your screen lock. Learn how to set a screen lock.
How can I format my Android phone without unlocking it?
Method 1. Remove pattern lock by hard resetting Android phone/devices
- Turn off Android phone/device > Press and hold the volume down and power button simultaneously;
- Release these buttons till Android phone turns on;
- Then your Android phone will enter recovery mode, you can scroll up and down using the volume buttons;
Photo in the article by “Flickr”