- Open. Settings on your device.
- Scroll down and tap About phone. if you don’t see the option, hit System first.
- Look for the “Android version” section of the page. The number listed in this section, e.g. 6.0.1, is the version of the Android OS your device is running.
How do I know which Android operating system I have?
How do I know which Android OS version my mobile device runs?
- Open your phone’s menu. Tap System Settings.
- Scroll down towards the bottom.
- Select About Phone from the menu.
- Select Software Info from the menu.
- The OS version of your device is shown under Android Version.
How do I know what version of Android I have on my Galaxy s8?
Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ – View Software Version
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps. These instructions apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
- Navigate: Settings > About phone .
- Tap Software information then view the Build number. To verify the device has the latest software version, refer to Install System Updates.
How do I know what operating system my Samsung?
The steps to find the current OS version vary by device.
How can I find out which Android OS version is on my device?
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Tap About Phone or About Device.
- Tap Android Version to display your version information.
How do I find Bluetooth version on Android?
Here are the steps to check Bluetooth Version of Android Phone:
- Step 1: Turn ON the Bluetooth of Device.
- Step 2: Now Tap on Phone Settings.
- Step 3: Tap on App and Select the “ALL” Tab.
- Step 4: Scroll Down and Tap on Bluetooth Icon named Bluetooth Share.
- Step 5: Done! Under App Info, you will see the version.
Can I update my Android version?
From here, you can open it and tap the update action to upgrade the Android system to the latest version. Connect your Android phone to the Wi-Fi Network. Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version.
What is the latest Android version 2018?
Nougat is losing its hold (latest)
|Android Name||Android Version||Usage Share|
|Jelly Bean||4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x||3.2%↓|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.3, 4.0.4||0.3%|
|Gingerbread||2.3.3 to 2.3.7||0.3%|
4 more rows
How do I find out what version of Android I have on my Samsung?
How do I know what version of Android I have?
- From the home screen, press the Settings Button.
- Then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down and select About Phone.
- Scroll down to Android Version.
- The small number under the heading is the version number of the Android operating system on your device.
How do I manually update my Samsung Galaxy s8?
Update software versions
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Software update.
- Tap Download updates manually.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Start.
- A restart message will appear, tap OK.
How do I update my Samsung Galaxy s8?
- Make sure your device is fully charged and connected to Wi-Fi.
- Swipe down from the Notification bar and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Software Updates, then Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
How do I check my Android version Galaxy s9?
Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ – View Software Version
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Navigate: Settings > About phone.
- Tap Software information then view the Build number. To verify the device has the latest software version, refer to Install Device Software Updates. Samsung.
What Samsung phone do I have?
Check your phone’s settings. The easiest way to check your phone’s model name and number is to use the phone itself. Go to the Settings or Options menu, scroll to the bottom of the list, and check ‘About phone’, ‘About device’ or similar. The device name and model number should be listed.
What is the most current Android operating system?
|Code name||Version number||Linux kernel version|
|Oreo||8.0 – 8.1||4.10|
|Pie||9.0||4.4.107, 4.9.84, and 4.14.42|
|Legend: Old version Older version, still supported Latest version Latest preview version|
14 more rows
How do I know what Bluetooth version I have?
Under Bluetooth, you will see several Bluetooth devices. Select your Bluetooth brand and right click to check the Properties. Go to the Advanced tab and check the firmware version. The LMP number shows the version of Bluetooth your PC is using.
Can I update my Android Bluetooth version?
Check what version of Bluetooth you have. Go to the Control Panel and click on “Hardware and Sound.” Under “Devices and Printers” click on “Device Manager.” If you already have the latest version, there is nothing to upgrade on your computer; you just need to buy devices that have the latest Bluetooth capabilities.
How do I update my bluetooth on my Android phone?
Clear Bluetooth Cache – Android
- Go to Settings.
- Select “Application Manager”
- Display system apps (you may need to either swipe left/right or choose from the menu in the top right corner)
- Select Bluetooth from the now larger list of Applications.
- Select Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache.
- Go back.
- Finally restart the phone.
What’s the latest version of Android?
A Brief Android Version History
- Android 5.0-5.1.1, Lollipop: November 12, 2014 (initial release)
- Android 6.0-6.0.1, Marshmallow: October 5, 2015 (initial release)
- Android 7.0-7.1.2, Nougat: August 22, 2016 (initial release)
- Android 8.0-8.1, Oreo: August 21, 2017 (initial release)
- Android 9.0, Pie: August 6, 2018.
Which is the best version of Android?
Here are the most popular Android versions in October
- Nougat 7.0, 7.1 28.2%↓
- Marshmallow 6.0 21.3%↓
- Lollipop 5.0, 5.1 17.9%↓
- Oreo 8.0, 8.1 21.5%↑
- KitKat 4.4 7.6%↓
- Jelly Bean 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x 3%↓
- Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, 4.0.4 0.3%
- Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.7 0.2%↓
What is the latest version of Android 2019?
January 7, 2019 — Motorola has announced that Android 9.0 Pie is now available for the Moto X4 devices in India. January 23, 2019 — Motorola is shipping out Android Pie to the Moto Z3. The update brings all the tasty Pie feature to the device including Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery, and gesture navigation.
Which phones will get Android P?
Xiaomi phones expected to receive Android 9.0 Pie:
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (expected Q1 2019)
- Xiaomi Redmi S2/Y2 (expected Q1 2019)
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 (expected Q2 2019)
- Xiaomi Mi 6 (expected Q2 2019)
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (expected Q2 2019)
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Explorer (in development)
- Xiaomi Mi 6X (in development)
What is Android 7.0 called?
Android 7.0 “Nougat” (codenamed Android N during development) is the seventh major version and 14th original version of the Android operating system.
Are older versions of Android safe?
Gauging an Android phone’s safe-use limits can be harder, as Android phones are not as standardized as iPhones. It’s less than certain, for example whether an old Samsung handset will run the latest version of the OS two years after the phone’s introduction.
What is the latest Android version for Samsung?
- How do I know what the version number is called?
- Pie: Versions 9.0 –
- Oreo: Versions 8.0-
- Nougat: Versions 7.0-
- Marshmallow: Versions 6.0 –
- Lollipop: Versions 5.0 –
- Kit Kat: Versions 4.4-4.4.4; 4.4W-4.4W.2.
- Jelly Bean: Versions 4.1-4.3.1.
How do I update my Samsung Galaxy s8 to pie?
Update [February 20, 2019]: Samsung has released the stable Android Pie update for its Galaxy S8 and S8+ users in Germany.
Boot your Galaxy S8 into download mode:
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold the three buttons Volume down + Bixby + Power together until you see the Warning screen.
Does Samsung update their phones?
Samsung will not be forced to update the software on its mobile phones for years after their release, after it won a court case in the Netherlands. Regular software updates can address security problems but older models do not typically receive all the latest updates.
Why Android is the most popular mobile operating system in the world?
Android has now overtaken Windows to become the world’s most popular operating system, according to data from Statcounter. Looking at combined usage across desktop, laptop, tablet and smartphone, Android usage hit 37.93%, narrowly edging out Windows’ 37.91%.
What will Android P be called?
Within just a few hours of the launch of Android P, people have started talking about possible names for the Android Q on social media. Some say it can be called the Android Quesadilla, while others want Google to call it Quinoa. The same is expected of the next Android version.
What is the latest version of Android studio?
Android Studio 3.2 is a major release that includes a variety of new features and improvements.
- 3.2.1 (October 2018) This update to Android Studio 3.2 includes the following changes and fixes: The bundled Kotlin version is now 1.2.71. The default build tools version is now 28.0.3.
- 3.2.0 known issues.