Forward your text messages
- On your Android device, open the Voice app .
- At the top left, tap Menu Settings.
- Under Messages, turn on the forwarding you want: Forward messages to linked numbers—Tap, and then next to the linked number, check the box. Forward messages to email—Turn on to send text messages to your email.
How do I forward text messages to another phone?
Forward older text messages
- Touch and hold the message bubble that you want to forward, then tap More.
- Select any other text messages that you want to forward.
- Tap the Forward button and enter a recipient.
- Tap the Send button .
Can I forward text messages to another phone automatically?
However, you may wish to set up your phone to forward these messages automatically. Fortunately, you can synchronize text messages among your cell phones, terrestrial phones, computers and other devices with automatic forwarding through an online third-party client.
How do I forward a text on Android?
Android: Forward Text Message
- Open the message thread that contains the individual message you would like to forward.
- While in the list of messages, tap and hold the message you wish to forward until a menu will appear at the top of the screen.
- Tap other messages you wish to forward along with this message.
- Tap the “Forward” arrow.
Can you forward text messages from iPhone to android?
Tap and enter a contact. Then tap to send. If you’re talking about forwarding SMS and MMS messages in the same way you can forward calls to a different number, you’ll have to ask your cellular carrier about that. If you can, iMessages would not be forwarded.
Can I forward text messages to another phone automatically Android?
So if you have both an Android phone and an iPhone, try using a third-party app like AutoForwardSMS on your Android phone. These apps allow Android’s SMS texts to be auto-forwarded to any other phone type, including iPhones. Many even forward your incoming text messages to your email address.
Can you forward text messages android?
Forward your text messages. Your forwarded text messages will show up in your usual email or texting app. On your Android device, open the Voice app . Forward messages to linked numbers—Tap, and then next to the linked number, check the box.
Can you auto forward text messages android?
From March 9, Google is forbidding apps which auto-forward text messages (SMS) to another MOBILE NUMBER. Auto Forward SMS has this function, and we need to make some drastic changes so the app can no longer automatically generate a text message from your phone.
How do I automatically forward text messages to my email on Android?
How to Forward Texts Messages to Email on Android
- Open your Messages app and select the conversation containing the messages you want to forward.
- Tap the message(s) you want to forward and hold until more options appear.
- Select the Forward option.
- Enter the email address you want to send the texts to.
- Tap Send.
How do I set up text message forwarding?
If you attempt to enable text message forwarding but the activation code never shows up, here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to the Messages option and tap on it.
- Tap on Send & Receive.
- Enable an email address by tapping on it.
How do I forward a text message on Samsung?
Step 1: Tap the Messages icon on the home screen. Step 3: Tap and hold on the thread you wish to forward. Step 5: Enter in the name of the contact you wish to forward your message to. Step 6: Tap “Send” and then tap the back key (on the lower right of your device).
How do I forward a text message on my Samsung Galaxy s9?
How to Forward Text Message on Samsung Galaxy S9
- From the Home screen, swipe the app list up.
- Swipe over to the screen with the “Messages” app, then tap the icon to open it.
- Select the message thread that contains the individual message you want to forward.
- Tap and hold your finger on the message you wish to forward.
- A “Message options” menu will appear.
How do I extract text messages from my Android?
- Step 1 Download and Install Android Manager on PC or Mac. Click on download button above to save the application on your computer.
- Step 2 Connect Android Phone to Computer.
- Step 3 Select Text Messages You Need to Transfer.
- Step 4 Transfer Selected Messages from Android to Computer.
How can I forward text messages from my iPhone to another phone?
Go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding. Once you’re in there, just select your iPhone from the device list. Now you’ll be able to send and receive text messages.
How do I automatically forward text messages to my email?
To get all your incoming texts sent to your email inbox, go to Settings>Messages>Recieve At and then choose Add An Email at the bottom. Enter the address you’d like texts to be forwarded to, and voila! You’re done.
Can text messages be forwarded?
Next, make sure your phone number is checked underneath “You can be reached for messages at.” On the iPhone, go to Settings/Messages and select Text Message Forwarding. Select all the ones you want text messages forwarded to. You’ll then receive a six-digit code, which you’ll be instructed to enter on your computer.
How do you sync text messages to another phone?
How to sync text messages to an email account on an Android
- Open Email.
- Press Menu.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch the Exchange email address.
- Touch More (this many not be available in all devices).
- Select or clear the check box for SMS Sync.
Can you forward text messages to another number?
The first, and obvious, thing to do is to find the text message that you want to forward. Tap on a name and you can forward the message to them. If you want to forward the message to a new number or another contact, tap on “New Message.” Select or search for a contact.
Can you forward text messages like call forwarding?
Does Call Forwarding also forward text messages? No, Call Forwarding won’t forward text messages you receive on your mobile phone, only calls. If you set up Verizon Messages (Message+) on your phone, you’ll be able to read your texts and reply to them online.
How can I forward text messages to another phone?
1 – Tap and hold the message you’d like to forward until a menu pops up. 3 – Tap the forward-arrow located at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. 4 – Enter the recipient you wish to forward the message to, then send the message. 1 – Tap and hold the message you’d like to forward, then tap the Forward button.
How do I automatically forward text messages to email?
Forward text messages to email
- Open the text thread you want to forward.
- Select “Share” (or “Forward”) and select “Message.”
- Add an email address where you would normally add a phone number.
- Tap “Send.”
How do you sync text messages from one phone to another?
Method 1 Using a Transfer App
- Download an SMS backup app on your first Android.
- Open the SMS backup app.
- Connect your Gmail account (SMS Backup+).
- Start the backup process.
- Set your backup location (SMS Backup & Restore).
- Wait for the backup to complete.
- Transfer the backup file to your new phone (SMS Backup & Restore).
How do I forward my text messages to Gmail?
How to forward SMS and missed calls on Android to your Gmail
- Step 1: Download and install SMS2Gmail from the Android marketplace.
- Step 2: Press the option labeled Gmail address and enter your Gmail username. Repeat this process for your Gmail password.
- Step 3: Set up an activation code by pressing the option labeled Activation keyword.
How do I sync my text messages to my email?
Re: Text messages going to email
- Select “Email” from home screen > Select “Account” that is getting the text messages > Select the “Options” menu from the bottom left of the phone > Select “More”, then “Account Settings”.
- Scroll thru the account settings for an entry called “SMS sync”.
How do I transfer text messages to email?
Open the Messages app, then open the thread with messages you’d like to forward. Tap and hold a message until a black bubble with “Copy” and “More…” buttons pops up, then tap “More.” A row a circles will appear on the left side of the screen, with each circle sitting next to an individual text or iMessage.
What is the best text forwarding app?
5 Free Must-Have SMS Forwarding Apps for Your Android Device
- PhoneLeash. The richly featured PhoneLeash app allows you to remotely answer SMS text messages from any email address or from another mobile phone.
- SMS Forwarding. This basic SMS Forwarding app has a clean, intuitive user interface.
- SMS Forwarder (Satsuma Solutions)
- SMS Forwarder Pro (Zygote Labs)
How do I download text messages from my Android phone?
Save Android text messages to computer
- Launch Droid Transfer on your PC.
- Open Transfer Companion on your Android phone and connect via USB or Wi-Fi.
- Click the Messages header in Droid Transfer and select a message conversation.
- Choose to Save PDF, Save HTML, Save Text or Print.
Are text messages backed up on Android?
Android’s built-in SMS Backup. As of Android 8.1, you can now restore backed up data (including SMS messages) after the initial setup. You can view them (but not their contents) via the Android app, and they can’t be copied off or moved elsewhere. Viewing the list of automatic backups in Google Drive.
Where are texts stored on Android?
Text messages on Android are stored in the /data/data/.com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db. The file format is SQL. To access it, you need to root your device using mobile rooting apps.
How do I forward text messages to another number?
- Enable Forwarding: Tap to enable.
- Forward with SMS: Enable to forward via SMS (the other option is to forward via email)
- Destination Number: Tap to enter the forwarding number for the SMS messages (including area code)
Photo in the article by “International SAP & Web Consulting”