Can I receive iMessages on Android?
You might not be able to send iMessages from your Android to your friends iPhones, but you can send your Android texts from your computer’s iMessages app to your Android phone.
Sadly, it doesn’t look like there will ever be an official way to send and receive iMessages from your Android device.
How do I get iPhone messages on my Android?
Complete these steps from your iPhone before starting to use your new smartphone:
- Launch Settings from the Home screen of your iPhone.
- Tap Messages.
- Tap the slider next to iMessage to turn it off.
- Go back to Settings.
- Tap on Facetime.
- Tap the slider next to Facetime to turn it off.
Why can’t I receive iMessages on my Android?
You might not be able to get SMS or text messages that someone sends you from an iPhone because they’re still being sent as iMessage. This can happen if you used iMessage on your iPhone and then transferred your SIM card or phone number to a non-Apple phone (like an Android, Windows, or BlackBerry phone).
Can Android Play iMessage games?
The iMessages need to be sent through Apple’s servers, and the only way to do this legitimately is to use an Apple device. Using an app running on a Mac computer as a server that relays messages to the Android device is a very smart way to make iMessage work on Android, where it is not technically supported.
What is the best iMessage app for Android?
iMessage For Android – Best Alternatives
- Facebook Messenger. Facebook has launched its new App to chat with friends and make free calls called Facebook Messenger for Android, iOS users.
- Telegram. Telegram is one of the most popular messaging app and iMessage alternative available for Android and iOS devices.
- WhatsApp Messenger.
- Google Allo.
How do I fix delayed text messages on Android?
Problem #4: Galaxy S6 re-sends previously sent text messages and photos
- Go to Settings.
- Proceed to Applications.
- Select Manage Applications.
- Tap the All tab.
- Choose the name of the problem app and tap it.
- From there, you will see the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons.
How can I get iMessages on Android?
Here are steps to using the iMessage app on your Android device.
- Download SMS for iMessage App.
- Install weServer.
- Give Permissions.
- Setup iMessage Account.
- Install weMessage.
- Login, Sync and Start iMessaging with your Android Phone.
How do I not send an iMessage to Android?
Here we go!
- Switch off iMessage on your iPhone.
- Take your phone number out of iCloud.
- Have your closest friends and loved ones delete and re-add your phone number from their contact lists.
- Ask your friends to hit “send as text message.”
- Wait 45 days before dumping your iPhone for a new non-Apple phone.
How do I transfer my text messages from iPhone to android for free?
Install iSMS2droid on your Android phone, open the app and choose “Select iPhone SMS Database.” Find the text messaging backup file you transferred over to your Android device. Make sure you click “All Text Messages” on the next screen to ensure all your texts are converted and saved as an XML file.
Why are my messages not delivering?
Actually, iMessage not saying “Delivered” simply means the messages has not yet been successfully delivered to the recipient’s device due to some reasons. Reasons could be: their phone not having available Wi-Fi or cellular data networks, they have their iPhone off or on Do Not Disturb mode, etc.
Why can’t I receive text messages on my phone?
To see if your phone number is set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive. If you don’t have an iPhone, you can only send and receive messages with your Apple ID to other Apple devices using iMessage.
Why do text messages fail?
This is the most common reason that text message delivery can fail. If a text message is sent to an invalid number, it won’t be delivered – similar to entering an incorrect email address, you will get a response from your phone carrier informing you that the entered number was invalid.
Can I use iMessage on Android?
You can now send iMessages on Android devices, thanks to an app called weMessage — if you have a Mac computer, that is. No, you cannot escape Apple entirely — iMessage is their program, after all.
Can you send an iMessage to an android?
This app is capable of sending both iMessage and SMS messages. iMessages are in blue and text messages are green. iMessages only work between iPhones (and other Apple devices such as iPads). If you are using an iPhone and you send a message to a friend on Android, it will be sent as a SMS message and will be green.
Is there an Android version of iMessage?
iMessage is so good that many smartphone users would love to see an Android version come out, although it’s something Apple will probably never do. Android Messages, not to be confused with Hangouts or Allo, is Google’s texting app, and a new version of the app will soon be available on your Android device.
Why is iMessage better than text message?
iMessage works over Wi-Fi: As you can imagine, sending and receiving photos or videos can use a lot of data, and you pay for that data using with your cellular data plan. iMessage is faster than SMS or MMS: SMS and MMS messages are sent using different technology than your iPhone uses to connect to the internet.
How do I send a message from my iPad to an Android phone?
How to send SMS/MMS on your iPad
- Launch the Messages app on your iPad.
- Tap on the Compose Message button.
- Enter the phone number or name of the contact you want to text.
- Type your message.
- Hit Send.
Is iMessage better than WhatsApp?
Despite the differences, WhatsApp and iMessage are useful messaging apps with a large user base. The apps allow you to communicate with family and friends for free via your smart phone. WhatsApp allows users to mass text 256 people at once. You can keep the conversation going on larger devices too.
How do I fix delayed text messages?
You can solve these ‘delayed message’ problems by changing your phone’s settings. Go to Settings and access the FaceTime app. Turn the FaceTime app off, then back on, and tap ‘use Apple ID for FaceTime.’ Your phone number will show a solid check, and your iMessage should start working properly.
Do text messages slow down your phone?
Yes they can. However, you may not notice it for a while. For both iPhones and Android smartphones, a surplus of texts could eventually slow the phone down. Just like large apps that take up a significant amount of a phone’s hard drive, your texting app may slow down if you have too many texts stored on the phone.
Why do my texts take so long to send?
If you’re sending a text to someone who has iMessage, and iMessage is down temporarily for some reason, sending it as an SMS could be faster, which is important if you need a quick answer on something. Though, then the recipient would also have to have “Send as SMS” turned to make sure they give you a speedy response.
Why can’t I send messages to Android users?
When an iPhone user sends a text message to a non-iPhone user like an Android phone, the message is sent through SMS, as is indicated by a green message bubble. Sending text messages by SMS is also the fallback when an iMessage doesn’t send for whatever reason.
Can you tell if someone blocked your texts?
With SMS text messages you won’t be able to know if you have been blocked. Your text, iMessage etc will go through as normal on your end but the recipient will not receive the message or notification. But, you may be able to tell if your phone number has been blocked by calling.
Why do my text messages fail to send Android?
(Android only): Clear the app cache and data of the Messaging app. (Apple only): Check the text isn’t being sent through iMessage. If it tries to send through iMessage and fails, the iPhone will wait and then revert the text to SMS after a while.
How do I forward text messages from iPhone to android?
Forward older text messages
- Touch and hold the message bubble that you want to forward, then tap More.
- Select any other text messages that you want to forward.
- Tap the Forward button and enter a recipient.
- Tap the Send button .
How do I transfer text messages to my new phone?
Method 1 Using a Transfer App
- Download an SMS backup app on your first Android.
- Open the SMS backup app.
- Connect your Gmail account (SMS Backup+).
- Start the backup process.
- Set your backup location (SMS Backup & Restore).
- Wait for the backup to complete.
- Transfer the backup file to your new phone (SMS Backup & Restore).
How do I transfer text messages from Android?
- Download Droid Transfer 1.34 and Transfer Companion 2.
- Connect your Android device (quick start guide).
- Open the “Messages” tab.
- Create a backup of your messages.
- Disconnect the phone, and connect the new Android device.
- Choose which messages to transfer from the backup to the phone.
- Hit “Restore”!
Photo in the article by “Flickr”