Method 2 Using Podcast Player
- Download the Podcast Player app from the Play Store.
- Open the Podcast Player app on your Android.
- Select your topics of interest.
- Tap the Next button.
- Tap SKIP on the top-right.
- Tap a podcast on the Podcasts page.
- Tap the Subscribe button.
- Scroll down and tap an episode.
Which is the best podcast app for Android?
Best Podcast Listening Apps (For iOS & Android) 2019
- Pocket Casts.
- TuneIn Radio.
How do I listen to podcasts on my Android phone?
How to find and subscribe to your favorite podcast in Google Play Music
- Launch the Google Play Music app from your Home screen or from the app drawer.
- Tap the menu button on the top left of the screen.
- Tap Podcasts.
- Search for a podcast through one of three methods:
- Tap the podcast to which you’d like to subscribe.
Where can I get podcasts?
To stream: Go to a website, such as serialpodcast.org, and click the play button. To download: Get it delivered to your phone or tablet each week using an app. For iPhones and iPads, use the Podcasts app. It comes installed on recent devices, or you can get it from the App Store.
What is the best podcast app for Android phones?
The 8 Best Podcast Apps for Android
- Pocket Casts. Pocket Casts has been a favorite of Android users for a long time, and with its regular updates, it just keeps getting better.
- Podcast Addict.
- Player FM. Player FM tries to distinguish itself from the competition with its content discovery tools.
- Podcast Republic.
Does Android have a built in podcast app?
There is no Android version of Apple Podcasts (as there is for Apple Music, Apple’s competitor to Spotify). Android devices come with Google Play Music, which has podcast functionality but hardly qualifies as a go-to default podcast player for Android. Instead, the podcast app market for Android is a fragmented mess.
How do I make a podcast on Android?
Steps to Make a Podcast on Android
- Click on the red Record button (microphone icon) to start recording.
- (Optional) Importing audio: You can also import audio recorded using other apps.
- After hitting save, you will be taken to the “My Drafts” page.
- Congratulations, you’ve just made a podcast on Android!
How do I listen to podcasts on my Samsung Galaxy s9?
Music player: Samsung Galaxy S9
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap the Google folder.
- Tap Play Music.
- Tap the Menu icon (top left) and choose from the following: Home. Recents. New release. Music library. Podcasts.
- Follow additional prompts, tabs, and settings in each section above to locate and play music.
How do I get my podcast on Google Play?
Before we get into the details, here’s a quick summary of the steps:
- Check your RSS feed is ready for Google Play Music.
- Visit the Google Play Music Podcast Portal.
- Click the ‘Publish’ button.
- Click the ‘Add a Podcast’ button.
- Enter your podcast RSS feed URL.
- Check your email and verify you own the podcast.
Where do you listen to podcasts on Android?
- Open the Google Play Music app on your Android. The Play Music app looks like an orange arrow icon with a musical note on it.
- Tap the ☰ icon.
- Tap Podcasts on the menu panel.
- Tap the TOP CHARTS tab.
- Tap a podcast.
- Tap the Subscribe button.
- Customize your subscription options.
- Tap the SUBSCRIBE button.
Which is the best podcast app?
The Best Podcast Apps on iPhone Are Way Better Than Apple’s Default App
What’s the best podcast app?
Best Podcast Apps
- Get More Out of Podcasts with These Apps. Podcasting apps do more than just play back your podcasts.
- Overcast (iOS)
- Google Podcasts (Android)
- Castro (iOS)
- Pocket Casts (Android, iOS: $3.99)
- Spotify (Android, iOS)
- Breaker (iOS: Free)
- Castbox (Android, iOS: Free)
Does Android have a native podcast app?
Android now finally has its own native podcast app from Google. Google is helping to fuel the podcast surge with its first dedicated podcast app. Unlike the iOS platform which has Apple’s native Podcasts app, Android users have long needed to use non-native apps like Podcast Addict and Spotify to listen to podcasts.
Are podcasts for free?
For podcast listeners, podcasts are a way to enjoy great content from around the world for free. For podcast publishers, podcasts are a great way to reach a wide audience. Apple does not directly provide podcast updates or episodes.
Can you download podcast on Android?
For those new to podcasts, though, getting started may seem daunting. Thankfully, it’s fairly easy to download and listen to a podcast. And while you could download a podcast from its homepage, there are several apps available for both iOS and Android platforms that allow you to download and sort episodes.
What is the best free Android podcast app?
10 best podcast apps for Android
- CastBox. Price: Free / Up to $1.99. Castbox is one of a few free podcast apps.
- DoggCatcher Podcast Player. Price: $2.99. DoggCatcher is one of the older podcast apps.
- Google Podcasts / Google Play Music / YouTube. Price: Free / $9.99-$12.99 per month.
- Pocket Casts. Price: $3.99.
- Podcast Addict. Price: Free / $2.99.
What is a podcast and is it free?
Podcasts are episodes of a programme available on the Internet. For podcast listeners, podcasts are a way to enjoy great content from around the world for free.
Does Google podcast use data?
These applications will allow you to download podcast episodes to your mobile device while connected to Wi-Fi, and listen to the podcasts offline when you are away from home. If you’re asking if listening to a podcast uses your mobile data, yes it does.
Are podcasts free on Google Play?
Podcasts are free to download or stream, and you don’t need a subscription to Google Play Music to listen. Notes: Podcasts are currently available in the US and Canada. For iPhone or iPad, podcasts are not available in the Google Play Music app.
How long does it take Google Play to approve a podcast?
All podcasts submitted to Google Play Music Podcast Portal are moderated. The process can take between 1-10 days, though most submissions are approved within 3 days. Google will email the address you entered as your Google Play email in PowerPress settings When your podcast is approved.
What podcasts can Google home play?
With Google Home, you can listen to your favorite podcasts and shows from anywhere in your home — using only your voice. Note: Currently, you can’t request podcasts from partner podcast players, like Spotify, Google Play Music, and TuneIn. Ex. “Hey Google, play my Spotify podcast” isn’t supported.
Do podcasts cost money?
Not usually. Unlike music, most podcasts are free to download and listen to. Some podcasts offer paid versions that include bonus features.
Is Spotify good for podcasts?
Spotify announced today that the company plans to spend up to $500 million on podcast-related acquisitions. Spotify made its name as a music app, but now CEO Daniel Ek says the company is interested in not only being a listening platform for any podcast, but also creating its own exclusive releases.
What is the best podcast?
What to listen to now that we’re in the golden age of podcasting.
- Atlanta Monster. .
- My Favorite Murder. .
- Trump, Inc. .
- Buffering the Vampire Slayer. .
- I’ll Be Gone In The Dark: The Podcast. .
- Dear Franklin Jones. .
- Making Obama. .
- Late Night Whenever With Michelle Buteau. .
Do podcasts use data android?
Android. Cellular Streaming/Downloading. By default, Podbean will not use your mobile data to play/download episodes. If you do not have wifi, the Podbean app allows you to use cellular/mobile data to play/download podcasts.
How do I get Apple podcasts on Android?
To download or listen to podcasts from the web:
- Open a web browser on your Android device and go to a website that makes podcast episodes available for listening or download. Go to the iTunes Preview page to search for podcasts.
- Select Listen, Play, or the appropriate icon.
- Select the Download link.
How do I listen to podcasts on Alexa?
Play podcasts from the Alexa app.
- Within the main menu, select Music, Video, & Books.
- Under Music, choose TuneIn.
- Select Podcasts.
- Explore categories to discover a podcast of interest, then a specific episode.
- At the top of the app, select your desired speaker(s) .
- Click the podcast cover to play.
Photo in the article by “Pexels”