On the following screen, tap the “Active” tab near the top.
Tap the switch to hide your online status.
You’ll also appear as offline to your contacts.
You can still see and reply to all of your messages while chat status is turned off.
Can you hide when you are active on messenger?
Hiding your active status on Facebook Messenger is simple, yet hidden. To start, tap “People” at the bottom of the display, tap “Active” on the following page (if Messenger does not default to this page automatically), then tap the slider to the right of your name to disable your active status.
How do I turn off active on Messenger Android?
How do I turn my active status on or off in Messenger?
- From Chats, tap your profile picture in the top left.
- Tap Active Status.
- Use the toggle at the top of the screen to turn your Active Status on or off.
- Tap Turn On or Turn Off to confirm your choice.
How can I appear offline in messenger?
- Open the Messenger app and tap your profile picture beside the Search bar.
- Tap the Availability option.
- Slide the switch to the Off position. The switch will turn gray, indicating that you no longer appear “online” to your Messenger contacts.
How can I hide when I was last active on messenger?
Just open your Facebook Messenger App, go to the “People” tab and then tap “Active” at the very top. This will show you a list of all of your friends that are active on the messenger app, and you can disable the toggle button next to your name to get rid of your Facebook last active notice.
Can I hide my online status on messenger?
On the following screen, tap the “Active” tab near the top. Tap the switch to hide your online status. You’ll also appear as offline to your contacts. You can still see and reply to all of your messages while chat status is turned off.
How can I hide my active status in Messenger 2019?
How to Hide your Active Status in Facebook App
- Simply open your Facebook app.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down in Privacy category tap Active Status.
- Tap the toggle button to Turn On or Turn Off to confirm your choice.
How do I hide my online status on Facebook 2018?
How to Hide That You’re Using Facebook Chat
- With Facebook open, click the small options gear icon on the bottom right of the chat screen.
- Click Turn Off Active Status.
- You’ll now see a popup dialog box. Check the option you want to enable:
- Click Okay to confirm the changes.
How do I turn off active now on Facebook Android?
How to turn off active status on Facebook
- Log in your facebook account via a browser.
- Click the gear menu at the bottom right on the chat sidebar.
- Click Off Turn off Active Status.
- Chose your preferred option and finally click okay.
How do I stop Facebook showing when I was last online?
Open up the Facebook Messenger App, go to the “People” tab and tap “Active” at the very top. Now you’ll see a list of all of your active Facebook friends. Disable the toggle button next to your name. You won’t be able to see who is online right now, but no one will be able to see whether you are online.
How can I be inactive on Messenger?
Follow this guide to appear inactive in the Facebook Messenger app
- Step 1: Tap “People” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap “Active.”
- Step 3: Tap the green switch to turn off chat and appear inactive. You can tap the button again to turn chat back on.
How do I go offline in messenger?
To appear offline using an iPhone, open the Facebook Messenger app and select your address book. Tap on the Active tab, and toggle the switch displayed next to your username to the Off position: Now that you have successfully disabled Facebook Chat your mobile, you will no longer appear in your friends’ Active tabs.
How do I appear offline to one person on Messenger?
A feature lets you appear offline to specific friends, or appear online to friends you want to chat with. Log in to your Facebook account and click on the name of the person you want to appear offline to. Then click the gear icon to expand Options and select Appear Offline to Person for that user.
How do I not show active on Facebook Messenger?
Open up the Facebook Messenger App, tap on your profile picture in the upper left corner tab and tap “Availability” in the list. Now you just need to disable the toggle button and confirm this by tapping “Turn Off”. This is how to turn off active on Messenger.
How do I hide active status on Messenger 2019?
Hiding active status on Messenger: Step-by-step
- Open the Messenger app.
- Tap on the circle shaped icon located in the top right-hand corner.
- Select the ‘Activity Status’ option.
- Toggle off the ‘Show when you’re active option’
- Tap on ‘Turn off’
How do you tell if a conversation has been muted on Facebook Messenger?
If the person who muted your conversation then goes back to their message app, they can then find the conversation and continue with it. If they then see your last message you will see “Seen” under your last message when you tap it.
How can you tell if someone is online on Facebook Messenger?
Method 2 Using a Computer
- Sign in to your Facebook account. If you’re already signed in, you’ll see a list of recent Messenger conversations.
- Click the blue gear icon. It’s at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click Active Contacts. You’ll now see a list of your Messenger contacts who are actively online.
What does active now mean on Facebook Messenger 2018?
It means that the person is currently logged in to FB or messenger. It doesn’t necessarily mean they are actually online at the moment. Generally,”active now” means that person is using facebook/messenger at that time and you can reach through text or a wave instantly.
How do I hide Messenger app on Android?
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Applications . If your Settings menu has headings above it, you’ll first have to tap the “Devices” heading.
- Tap Application Manager .
- Tap the “All” tab.
- Tap the app you want to hide.
- Tap Disable . Doing so should hide your app from your Home screen.
How can I hide my online status on Facebook from one friend?
To hide your online status on Facebook from some particular friends, open Facebook in a web browser and click on the chat bar from the bottom right corner. This will open a list of all your contacts who’re online. Now, click on the gear icon from this bar, and click on Advanced Settings from there.
Is Facebook Messenger Active accurate?
Facebook. It’s a common theory Facebook Messenger’s last seen notifications are not accurate. Mainly because it is thought if you leave the app or site open, it will still show you as being “active now” even though you are not physically browsing within it. Others say the status isn’t accurate at all.
How do I go offline on Whatsapp?
Launch WhatsApp, and head to your Settings tab, located in the bottom right hand corner. Next, go to Chat Settings/Privacy > Advanced. Toggle the Last Seen Timestamp option to OFF, and then, select Nobody to disable the application timestamps. This method will allow you to continue in “offline” mode.
How do I turn off my active status on Facebook?
To turn your Active Status on or off on your computer:
- Click the gear menu at the bottom right on the chat sidebar.
- Click Turn On Active Status or Turn Off Active Status.
- Select an option and click Okay.
Can’t see when someone was last active?
You may not be able to see someone else’s information because of how they have set their privacy settings. If you can’t see someone else’s last seen, profile photo, about, status, or read receipts, it may be due to one of the following: Your contact has changed their privacy settings to “Nobody”.
How do I turn off activity on Facebook?
Scroll closer to the bottom of the page and toggle “Show activity status” to off.
How to turn off online activity on Facebook Messenger
- Open the Facebook Messenger app;
- Tap the “People” tab, where you will see a list of contacts;
- At top of the app page, you will see “All” and “Active”; tap “Active”;
How do I unhide hidden apps on Android?
Well, if you want to find hidden apps on your Android phone, click Settings, then go to the Applications section on your Android phone menu. Have a look on the two navigation buttons. Open the menu view and press Task. Check an option that says “show hidden apps”.
How can I hide videos on my Android without app?
2.Hide Media Files on Android without App
- Select any useless file, copy and paste it in the folder that you want to hide.
- In the folder, rename that useless file as “.nomedia”.
- Disable the “Show hidden files” option in the Settings.
How can I hide apps on Android without root?
Part II. App Hider without Root
- Download and install Nova Launcher’s pro version.
- Open Nova Settings.
- Tap “App and widget drawers”.
- Scroll down and choose Hide Apps option.
- In the app list, check the app you want to hide.
- Quit the app and you’ll find the app you choose to hide will not show up on the app launcher now.
How can I hide my online status on Facebook Messenger?
Turn Online Status Off
- First thing we need to do is open up Facebook Messenger app.
- On the home screen, tap the menu icon in the lower right corner.
- On the following screen, tap the “Active” tab near the top.
- Once you’ve tapped the ACTIVE tab, a toggle switch will appear just below it.
How can I hide my active status on Facebook Messenger?
How to Hide Your Active Status on Facebook Messenger
- If you use Facebook Messenger for any reason, all of your friends who also use the service can tell when you’re active.
- Next, tap the “Active” tab at the top.
- Tap the toggle to the right of your name to disable your active status.
- Disable Active Status on Messenger.com.
- Next, click the “Active Contacts” setting.
Photo in the article by “DeviantArt”