Method 1 On Stock Android
- Understand Android’s limitations.
- Unlock your Android’s screen.
- Go to a different screen if necessary.
- Find an icon that you want to remove.
- Try long-pressing an app icon.
- Select the “Remove” or “Delete” option.
- Tap and drag the app up to the top of the screen.
How do I delete an icon?
If you want to delete an application from the phone (and so from the menu screen) then go to Settings -> Apps and find the app you want to get rid of, click on it and there should be an Uninstall option, click this and the app and icon will be removed from the menu.
How do I remove icons from my status bar?
With the System UI Tuner, you can remove(and add back again later) various icons in the Status Bar of Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Remove Status Bar Icons
- Enable the System UI Tuner.
- Go into the Settings App.
- Tap on the ‘System UI Tuner’ Option.
- Tap on the ‘Status Bar’ Option.
- Toggle Off All the Icons You Don’t Want.
How do I remove widgets from my home screen?
Method 1 Removing Widgets from the Home Screen
- Unlock your Android.
- Locate the widget you wish to remove. Since the Home screen comprises multiple pages, you may have to swipe left or right to find the widget(s) you want.
- Tap and hold the offending widget.
- Drag the widget to the “Remove” section.
- Remove your finger.
How do I delete unwanted apps on my Android phone?
How to Effectively Remove Android Crapware
- Navigate to Settings. You can get to the settings menu either in your apps menu or, on most phones, by pulling down the notification drawer and tapping a button there.
- Select the Apps submenu.
- Swipe right to the All apps list.
- Select the app you wish to disable.
- Tap Uninstall updates if necessary.
- Tap Disable.
How do I uninstall Samsung Apps?
Delete Unwanted Apps
- Tap Apps at the bottom right of the home page. This pulls up all your installed applications.
- Long-tap the app you want to delete.
- Drag it over to the Uninstall button at the top and let go.
- Hit Uninstall to confirm.
How do I permanently delete desktop icons?
Method 1. This first method to delete a desktop shortcut is quite simple: Move your mouse over the desktop shortcut you wish to delete and press the left mouse button. With the icon still selected and the left mouse button still down, drag the desktop shortcut over to and on top of the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop.
How do I remove the clock from my status bar?
To remove clock from status bar, go to Settings -> Configurations -> Status bar -> System UI tuner -> Time -> Dont show this icon.
How do I disable the notification bar?
- Pull down twice from the top of the screen. This pulls down the notification drawer and then pulls it down further to show the Quick Settings tiles.
- Tap and hold. for several seconds.
- Tap. .
- Tap System UI Tuner. This option is near the bottom of the Settings page.
- Tap Status bar.
- Toggle “OFF”
How do I get rid of the NFC icon?
If it’s not in the quick settings menu you’ll need to tap on the cog icon at the top of the screen, or open the app drawer and find the Settings icon, then select Connected devices > Connection preferences. Inside you’ll see a toggle switch for NFC. Tap this to turn off the feature.
How do I remove a Google widget from my home screen?
- Tap and hold an empty space on the home screen.
- Tap Widgets in the menu that appears.
- Navigate to Google App folder and tap it.
- Drag and drop the Search bar from inside the folder to suitable space on one of your home screens.
How do I remove Galaxy essentials from home screen?
Swipe left to locate the Galaxy Essentials and then drag it on to an available space on the screen. If you wish to remove the Galaxy Essentials widget just touch and hold on it and then drag it to the Recycle Bin icon.
Can I delete widgets?
Widgets can be removed from your home screen by long pressing the widget and dragging it to the top, or bottom (depending on your launcher) until it turns red, and then letting go of it.
How do I delete factory installed apps Android?
To see if you can remove the app from your system, go to Settings > Apps & notifications and select the one in question. (Your phone’s settings app might look different, but look for an Apps menu.) If you see a button marked Uninstall then it means that the app can be deleted.
How do I uninstall preinstalled apps on Android?
Deleting preinstalled apps isn’t possible in most cases. But what you can do is disable them. To do this, head to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all X apps. Select the app you don’t want, then tap the Disable button.
How do I delete default apps on Android?
How To Remove Default Apps In Android
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- Select the app that is currently the default launcher for a certain file type.
- Scroll down to “Launch By Default”.
- Tap “Clear Defaults”.
How do I uninstall Android system apps?
Uninstall system apps on Android without root
- Go to Android Settings and then Apps.
- Tap on the menu and then “Show system” or “Show system apps”.
- Click the system app you want to delete.
- Click the Disable button.
- Select OK when it says “Replace this app with the factory version…”.
How do I remove an app from my Samsung phone?
Uninstall Apps on Android
- 1 On the home screen, select the Apps button.
- 2 Find and open the Settings app.
- 3 Select the General tab on the top right.
- 4 Select Application Manager.
- 5 Find and select the application to uninstall.
- 6 Select the Uninstall option.
- 7 Tap Uninstall to confirm.
Does uninstalling an app remove permissions?
Remove App Permission After Uninstalling an App. If you are so particular, remove the permission given from your Google account. Keep the permission intact of your running apps. This way you can completely remove the permission given to uninstalled Android Apps from your phone.
How do I remove icons from my desktop without deleting them?
To delete the shortcut, first click “Cancel” to close the Properties window, and then right-click the icon and select “Delete.” Click “Yes” to confirm the deletion. Open File Explorer if the icon represents an actual folder and you want to remove the icon from the desktop without deleting it.
How do I get rid of floating widget?
From the SETTINGS menu, move down until you see LOGGER FLOATING WIDGET SETTINGS. You want uncheck the option for ENABLE LOGGER FLOATING WIDGET. After this option is unchecked, you should immediately see that the floating icon is removed from the screen.
How do I remove icons from my Mac desktop without deleting them?
Navigate to the Finder of Mac OS if you have not done so already, then do the following:
- Click on the “Finder” menu and select “Preferences”
- Click on the “General” tab.
- Uncheck boxes next to hard disks, drives, ipods, etc to toggle those icons off or on on the Mac desktop.
How do I hide the location icon on my Android?
3 hidden Android customization settings you need to try
- Tap and hold the Settings button until you see the little wrench icon appear.
- You can rearrange or hide any of the “quick settings” buttons you wish, all with a little help from the System UI Tuner.
- Just flick a switch to hide a specific icon from the status bar of your Android device.
How do I get rid of the alarm icon on my notification bar s8?
Go to Settings > Status Bar > Status Bar Icons and from there you can uncheck the alarm icon.
Easiest way if rooted: You can use GravityBox, to hide the Alarm-Clock-Symbol.
- Open the app.
- Go to “Adapt Status Bar” (I don’t know the exact English translation)
- Choose “Adapt Clock”
- Tick the box next to “Hide Alarm Symbol”
How do I hide the notification bar on my s8?
‘Show all content’ for all other users.
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.
- Navigate: Settings > Lock screen .
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap Hide content to turn on or off .
- Tap Show notifications from then tap All apps to turn on or off.
What’s the difference between an app and a widget?
What is the difference between an app and a widget? You need not to click on the widgets to run them. On the other hand, an app is a software programme that runs on mobile devices or computers and which are usually a third party programmes. A simple example is of the ‘WordWeb’, which is available as an iPhone app.
How do I remove a Google widget?
If you are currently using the Google Experience Launcher (GEL) you can simply disable Google Now to make the Search bar go away. Go to your Settings > Apps > swipe to the “ALL” tab > select “Google Search” > press “Disable”. The only thing you need to do now is restart your device and the Search bar will be gone.
How do I remove a widget from my Samsung Galaxy?
Steps to add or remove a widget on your Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)
- From the home screen, tap and hold an empty portion of the home screen.
- Tap Widgets.
- Scroll to the widget you want to add.
- Tap and hold the widget.
- Drag it to the preferred screen and location, then release it.
- To remove a widget, tap and hold the widget.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”