Once you have entered the password you can follow these steps to remove/replace the screen lock:
- Go to Settings > Security > Screen lock.
- Enter the password you entered via Android Device Manager.
- Choose your new screen lock method (Pattern, Slide, PIN etc.)
How do I disable screen lock on Android?
How to Disable the Lock Screen in Android
- Open Settings. You can find Settings in the app drawer or by tapping the cog icon in the upper-right corner of the notification shade.
- Select Security.
- Tap Screen Lock. Select None.
How do I take the password off my Samsung phone?
The screen lock has been turned off.
- Touch Apps. You can remove any screen locks that you’ve set up on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Scroll to and touch Settings.
- Touch MY DEVICE.
- Touch Lock screen.
- Touch Screen lock.
- Enter your password.
- Touch CONTINUE.
- Touch None.
Where are passwords stored on Android?
The only method for retrieving passwords saved in the stock browser is to open the webview.db file (it’s an sqlite database) in /data/data/com.android.browser and look at the password table (it’s stored in the clear, no encryption or anything), but that requires root.
How do you reset an Android phone without the password?
Press and hold the power button, then press and release the volume up button. Now you should see “Android Recovery” written on the top together with some options. By pressing the volume down button, go down the options until “Wipe data/factory reset” is selected. Press the power button to select this option.
Photo in the article by “Pexels”