To restore a less recent local backup
- Download a file manager app.
- In the file manager app, navigate to sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases .
- Rename the backup file you want to restore from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12 .
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Tap RESTORE when prompted.
How can I restore my WhatsApp chat?
#2. Recover WhatsApp Chat History from older (less recent) backups
- Uninstall WhatsApp.
- Open the WhatsApp database or backup folder. Decide which backup file you want to restore.
- Rename that file from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt7” to “msgstore.db.crypt7”.
- Install WhatsApp.
- When asked to restore, tap Restore.
How do I restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone?
Here’s how to backup with Google Drive:
- Launch WhatsApp from your Home screen or from the app drawer.
- Tap the menu icon on the top right of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Chats.
- Tap Chat backup.
- Tap Google Drive settings to choose the frequency with which you’d like to backup your chats.
- Tap Account.
Can I recover my old WhatsApp messages from a lost phone?
1. Retrieve WhatsApp Messages from Lost Android Phone. As we said before, deactivating the SIM card is the essential premise to get back your WhatsApp messages. After you retrieve your phone number with a new SIM card, you can restore your WhatsApp account and data by log into your WhatsApp in another mobile phone.
Photo in the article by “International SAP & Web Consulting”