Restore contacts from backups
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Google.
- Under “Services,” tap Restore contacts.
- If you have multiple Google Accounts, to choose which account’s contacts to restore, tap From account.
- Tap the device with the contacts to copy.
How do I recover lost contacts on my Android phone?
Click here to check if your phone or tablet is supported.
- Connect Android Phone to PC. Install Android Data Recovery for Android.
- Enter USB Debugging. Tick USB debugging as the interface tells.
- Choose Kinds of Data and Which Mod to Scan with.
- Click to Analyze.
- Preview and Restore Deleted Contacts from Android.
Where are Android contacts stored?
The exact location of the contacts database might depend on your manufacturer’s “customization”. While “plain Vanilla Android” has them in /data/data/android.providers.contacts/databases , the stock ROM on my Motorola Milestone 2 e.g. uses /data/data/com.motorola.blur.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db instead.
Why my contacts disappeared on my Android?
However, to view the Android contacts disappeared, tap the All contacts option to display all the contacts saved in any of your apps in your Contacts list. If you haven’t messed with the personal Settings of your device and noticed that contacts are missing, this is most likely the fix you’ll need.
How do I retrieve contacts from Gmail?
To restore a backup of your Gmail contacts, go to your inbox and select “Contacts” from the dropdown menu on your left hand side. Once you see the list of your contacts (or not), click on “More” to get to the dropdown menu, where you need to select the option “Restore contacts…”.
Photo in the article by “International SAP & Web Consulting”