Open the SMS app and fire up the Settings option from the Menu button.
In the Notification Settings sub-section there is a Preview Message option.
If checked, that will show a preview of the message in the status bar and on the lock screen.
Uncheck it, and your problem should be solved.
How do I get my messages to show on my lock screen?
You can adjust whether your device displays text messages on the lock screen by tapping “Settings” and then “Notifications.” Tap “Messages” and then tap the ON/OFF toggle to the right of “View in Lock Screen” until ON appears if you want to display text messages on the lock screen.
How do I get notifications on my lock screen Android?
To configure Lock screen notifications, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Sound & Notification. This item might be titled Sounds and Notifications.
- Choose When Device Is Locked.
- Select a Lock screen notification level.
- Choose a notification level.
How do I get notifications on my lock screen Galaxy s8?
‘Show all content’ for all other users.
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.
- Navigate: Settings > Lock screen .
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap Hide content to turn on or off .
- Tap Show notifications from then tap All apps to turn on or off.
How do I add text to my lock screen?
To add owner info text to your Android phone’s lock screen, follow these steps:
- Visit the Settings app.
- Choose the Security or Lock Screen category.
- Choose Owner Info or Owner Information.
- Ensure that there’s a check mark by the Show Owner Info on Lock Screen option.
- Type text in the box.
- Touch the OK button.
How do I get my messages to show on my lock screen Galaxy s7?
Head into settings by tapping the gear-shaped icon at the top of the notification bar, or in the apps menu. Then select “Lockscreen & security” and scroll down to “notifications on lockscreen“. Click the first option labeled “Content on lock screen” and from here select to hide content.
How do I get notifications on my lock screen Samsung?
How to show all notifications on One UI lock screens
- Open the Settings app (gear icon).
- Scroll down and tap Lock screen.
- Scroll down and tap Notifications.
- Tap View style.
- Tap Detailed.
- If the toggle next to Hide content is turned on (lit up), tap Hide content to toggle it off.
How do I get WhatsApp notifications on my lock screen Android?
Disable WhatsApp Message Previews on Android Phone Lock Screen
- On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on the Apps or Applications option located under “Device” section.
- On the All Apps screen, scroll down almost to the bottom of the screen and tap on WhatsApp.
- On the next screen, tap on Notifications.
How do I turn on notifications on my lock screen?
How to turn on or off Lock screen notifications on your iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Notifications.
- Select the app for which you want to have notifications appear on your Lock screen.
- Toggle the Allow Notifications switch on if it’s not already.
- Tap Lock Screen.
How do I make my screen light up when I get a text Galaxy s8?
Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ – Text Message Notification Settings
- Importance. Tap then select the desired option (e.g., Urgent, High, Medium, Low).
- Sound. Tap then select the desired option (e.g., Default, Silent, etc.).
- Vibrate. Tap to turn on or off.
- App icon badges. Tap to turn on or off.
- On lock screen.
- Do not disturb custom exception.
How do I get my notifications to show up on my lock screen?
If you want to stop notifications from showing up on the lock screen completely, simply go to Settings, Sounds and Notifications, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and then click ‘While locked’. You’ll now find the aforementioned options. Select “Do not show notifications” to turn them off completely.
How do I lock messages on my Galaxy s8?
Protect (Lock) a Message
- From home, swipe up to access Apps.
- Tap Messages.
- On the Messages screen, tap a conversation.
- Touch and hold the message that you want to lock.
- Tap Lock on the options menu. A lock icon is displayed at the right hand side of the message.
How do I add text to home screen on Android?
Tap and hold a blank space on your home screen. Tap on “Widgets “at the bottom of the screen. Pick the widget you want on your home screen. Tap and hold it.
How do I add names to my lock screen?
- Go to “Settings”
- Look for “Lock Screen,” “Security” and/or “Owner Info” (depending on phone version).
- You can add your name and any contact info you’d like (a number other than your cell number, or email address, for instance)
How do I put a phone number on my lock screen?
This could even be contact info in case the phone is lost. To do this, open the Settings app, and tap “Security & location.” Next to “Screen lock,” tap “Settings.” Then tap on “Lock screen message.”
How do I get my messages to show on my Samsung Galaxy s7?
Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android)
- Touch Apps.
- Touch Messages.
- Touch the Menu icon.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Notifications.
- Touch Preview message.
- Preview message has been enabled. Touch Preview message again to disable preview message.
How do I turn on message notifications on Galaxy s7?
Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge – Text Message Notification Settings
- Tap Messages .
- If prompted to change the default SMS app, tap YES to confirm.
- Tap the Menu icon (upper-right).
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap the Messages switch to turn on or off . When on, configure the following: Tap App icon badges to turn on or off.
How do you hide incoming messages on Samsung?
The below methods also help you to hide text message notifications in the lock screen. Also you can hide incoming text messages from a specific contact as well.
Method 1: Message Locker (SMS Lock)
- Download Message Locker.
- Open App.
- Create PIN.
- Confirm PIN.
- Set Up Recovery.
- Create Pattern (Optional)
- Choose Apps.
- Other Options.
How do I get my messages to show up on my lock screen s10?
Step 1: Open Settings -> Lock Screen -> Notifications on the Galaxy S10. Step 2: Change the View style from Icons only to Detailed. This will show full notifications on the lock screen of your Galaxy S10. If you wish to hide the content of the notifications, simply enable the Hide content option.
How do I turn on notifications on Android?
To enable or disable push notifications at the Android system level:
- On your Android device, tap Apps > Settings > MORE.
- Tap Application manager > DOWNLOADED.
- Tap on the Arlo app.
- Select or clear the check box next to Show notifications to enable or disable push notifications.
What is lock screen notification?
You can see all notification content on your lock screen by default. Open your device’s Settings app. Tap Apps & notifications Notifications. Tap On lock screen Show all notification content.
Can you hide text messages on Galaxy s8?
After which, you can simply click on ‘SMS and Contacts’ option, and you can instantly see a screen where all the hidden text messages will appear. So now to hide text messages, tap on the ‘+’ icon present at the top-right corner of the app screen.
How do I keep text messages private?
Go to Settings > Notification Center. Scroll down to the Include section and select Messages. From there, scroll down to Show Preview. Turn that feature off.
Can you hide text messages?
If you want to hide your messages on iPhone or keep messages that you hide or lock without actually having them on your phone, you do have another option. You can save the conversation to your computer and then delete it from your device.
How do you hide messages on Android lock screen?
Uncheck it, and your problem should be solved. Yes, you can do that using Settings->Lock screen settings and changing there widgets. You can go to Messaging, go to Settings by pressing the button next to home button, scroll down and disable Preview Messages or even better disable notification.
What is the best app to hide text messages?
Top 5 Apps To Hide Text Messages On Android
- Private SMS & Call – Hide Text. Private SMS & Call – Hide Text (Free) works by creating a safe space for you, which it calls PrivateSpace.
- GO SMS Pro. GO SMS Pro is one of the most widely used messaging apps available in the Play Store.
- Vault-Hide SMS, Pics & Videos.
- Message Locker – SMS Lock.
How can I hide text messages on my Android without an app?
- Open the Messages app on your Android. If you don’t already have Android Messages installed, you can download it for free from the Play Store.
- Tap and hold the conversation you want to hide. A list of icons will appear at the top of the screen.
- Tap the folder with a downward-pointing arrow.
Photo in the article by “DeviantArt”