To disable background activity for an app, open up Settings and go to Apps & Notifications.
Within that screen, tap on See all X apps (where X is the number of apps you have installed – Figure A).
Your listing of all apps is but a tap away.
Once you’ve tapped the offending app, tap the Battery entry.
How do I stop apps from automatically running on Android?
Method 1 Using Developer Options
- Open your Android’s Settings. It’s the.
- Scroll down and tap About. It’s near the bottom of the menu.
- Locate the “Build number” option.
- Tap Build number 7 times.
- Tap Running services.
- Tap the app you don’t want to start automatically.
- Tap Stop.
How do I stop apps from running in the background?
To stop an app manually via the processes list, head to Settings > Developer Options > Processes (or Running Services) and click the Stop button. Voila! To Force Stop or Uninstall an app manually via the Applications list, head to Settings > Applications > Application manager and select the app you want to modify.
How do I stop apps from draining my Android Battery?
- Check which apps are draining your battery.
- Uninstall apps.
- Never manually close apps.
- Remove unnecessary widgets from the home screen.
- Turn on Airplane Mode in low-signal areas.
- Go Airplane Mode at bedtime.
- Turn off notifications.
- Don’t let apps wake your screen.
How do I stop Facebook from running in the background on Android?
To keep the Facebook app from running in the background of your Android phone, follow these steps: Navigate to Settings > Applications > Application manager.
- Launch the Settings app and select Facebook.
- From there, tap Settings > Location Services.
- Next, turn Background App Refresh OFF completely.
Photo in the article by “Picryl”