Just follow these steps:
- Open up Settings on your device.
- Locate and tap Data usage.
- Locate the app you want to prevent using your data in the background.
- Scroll to the bottom of the app listing.
- Tap to enable Restrict background data (Figure B)
How do I stop apps from using data on my Galaxy s8?
Option 2 – Enable/Disable Background Data for Specific Apps
- From the Home screen, swipe up your app list and open “Settings“.
- Tap “Apps“.
- Scroll down and select the app you wish to change the setting for.
- Choose “Mobile data“.
- Select “Data usage“.
- Set “Allow background data usage” to “On” or “Off” as desired.
How do you block an app using data on Android Oreo?
All you need to do, is head over to Settings->Apps and select the app you want to block background data for. In the App Info page, you can tap “Data usage” and here, enable “Restrict app background data”.
How do I restrict data usage on Android?
To view and restrict background data usage by app:
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Network & internet Data usage.
- Tap Mobile data usage.
- To find the app, scroll down.
- To see more details and options, tap the app’s name. “Total” is this app’s data usage for the cycle.
- Change background mobile data usage.