Method 1: Stop Pop-Up Ads in Chrome
- Open the browser Chrome on your mobile device.
- At the top right, click the three dots on the menu.
- Choose Settings -> Site settings -> Pop-ups.
- Block the pop-ups by tapping on the slider.
How do I stop redirects on Google Chrome?
Click the “Show Advanced Settings” link to display more setting options. In the Privacy section, click “Enable Phishing and Malware Protection.” Close the browser window. Google now displays a warning if the browser is trying to redirect you.
How do I stop websites from redirecting on Android?
Step 3: Stop notifications from a certain website
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- Go to a webpage.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More Info .
- Tap Site settings.
- Under “Permissions,” tap Notifications.
- Turn the setting off.
How do I stop redirects popping up?
Go to a page where pop-ups are blocked. In the address bar, click Pop-up blocked . Click the link for the pop-up you want to see. To always see pop-ups for the site, select Always allow pop-ups and redirects from [site] Done.
How do I stop forced redirects?
Change Safari settings to prevent redirects.
- Step 1: Block Pop-Ups and Disable Website Tracking. Open Settings, scroll down and select Safari. Within the General section, make sure the Block Pop-ups option is toggled on.
- Step 2: Block Cookies. Click the Block Cookies option within Safari settings.
Photo in the article by “Wisconsin Department of Military Affairs”