How do I know if my Android phone has a virus?
Run a phone virus scan
- Step 1: Go to the Google Play Store and download and install AVG AntiVirus for Android.
- Step 2: Open the app and tap the Scan button.
- Step 3: Wait while the app scans and checks your apps and files for any malicious software.
- Step 4: If a threat is found, tap Resolve.
Can an Android phone get a virus?
In the case of smartphones, to date we have not seen malware that replicate itself like a PC virus can, and specifically on Android this does not exist, so technically there are no Android viruses. Most people think of any malicious software as a virus, even though it is technically inaccurate.
How do I get rid of a virus on my Samsung phone?
How to remove a virus from Android
- Put your phone or tablet into Safe mode.
- Open your Settings menu and choose Apps, then make sure you’re viewing the Downloaded tab.
- Tap on the malicious app (clearly it won’t be called ‘Dodgy Android virus’, this is just an illustration) to open the App info page, then click Uninstall.
How do I remove malware from my Android phone?
How to remove malware from your Android device
- Turn off the phone and restart in safe mode. Press the power button to access the Power Off options.
- Uninstall the suspicious app.
- Look for other apps you think may be infected.
- Install a robust mobile security app on your phone.