Swipe down from the top of the screen, select Settings, press Data usage and then flick the Mobile data switch from On to Off – this will completely turn off your mobile data connection.
Note: you will still be able to connect to the internet and use apps as normal if you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
How do I restrict an app from using data on Android?
How to stop apps from running in the background
- Open Settings and tap Data usage.
- Scroll down to view a list of your Android apps sorted by data usage (or tap Cellular Data usage to view them).
- Tap the app(s) you don’t want to connect to mobile data and select Restrict app background data.
How do I turn data off?
How to turn off cellular data for specific apps on iPhone
- Launch the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap Cellular.
- Tap the switch next to each app for which you’d like to turn off cellular data usage. Just scroll down to view them.
Can I turn off mobile data?
Turn mobile data on or off. You can limit your data usage by turning off mobile data. You’ll then not be able to access the internet using the mobile network. You can still use Wi-Fi even though mobile data is turned off.
How do I turn my mobile data on Android?
- Open the Settings app. You can find this in your App Drawer or on your Home screen.
- Tap the “Data usage” option. This should be located towards the top of the menu.
- Tap the “Mobile data” slider. This will toggle your mobile data ON.
- Check that you have a data connection.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”