How do I turn off chat on Messenger Android?
Enable or Disable Chat/Messaging
- Open the “Facebook” app.
- Tap the Menu icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen to expand your options.
- Tap “Messenger” in the “Apps” section.
- Tap the Gear icon located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Check the “On” box to turn Facebook Chat on.
Can I deactivate messenger but keep Facebook?
You can only deactivate Messenger if you previously deactivated your Facebook account. To deactivate it, open Messenger, then tap your profile picture in the top left corner, and go to Privacy & Terms > Deactivate Messenger. From there, enter your password and tap Continue. Next, tap Deactivate.
How can I hide my online status on Facebook Messenger?
Turn Online Status Off
- First thing we need to do is open up Facebook Messenger app.
- On the home screen, tap the menu icon in the lower right corner.
- On the following screen, tap the “Active” tab near the top.
- Once you’ve tapped the ACTIVE tab, a toggle switch will appear just below it.
How do you turn off active on messenger?
Open up the Facebook Messenger App, tap on your profile picture in the upper left corner tab and tap “Availability” in the list. Now you just need to disable the toggle button and confirm this by tapping “Turn Off”. This is how to turn off active on Messenger.
Photo in the article by “Solar System Exploration Research Virtual Institute – NASA”