Reset your pattern (Android 4.4 or lower only)
- After you’ve tried to unlock your device multiple times, you’ll see “Forgot pattern.” Tap Forgot pattern.
- Enter the Google Account username and password you previously added to your device.
- Reset your screen lock. Learn how to set a screen lock.
How do you reset a locked Android phone?
Press and hold the power button, then press and release the volume up button. Now you should see “Android Recovery” written on the top together with some options. By pressing the volume down button, go down the options until “Wipe data/factory reset” is selected. Press the power button to select this option.
How do you bypass the lock screen on a Samsung?
Method 1. Use ‘Find My Mobile’ feature on Samsung Phone
- First of all, set up your Samsung account and log in.
- Click “Lock My Screen” button.
- Enter new PIN in the first field.
- Click “Lock” button at the bottom.
- Within few minutes, it will change lock screen password to the PIN so that you can unlock your device.
How do I unlock my android from my computer?
Method 1: Using Android Debug Bridge
- Download Android SDK package on your PC.
- Open the Command Prompt (Ctrl+ R > type CMD > Enter) on your PC and change the directory to where the ADB file is located.
- Connect Android phone to your PC via USB cable and enter the following command– “adb device”.
How do you unlock your Android device?
How to Unlock Your Android Device Using Android Device Manager
- Visit: google.com/android/devicemanager, on your computer or any other mobile phone.
- Sign in with the help of your Google login details that you had used in your locked phone as well.
- In the ADM interface, choose the device you want to unlock and then select “Lock”.
- Enter a temporary password and click on “Lock” again.
Does factory reset unlock phone?
Factory Reset. Performing a factory reset on a phone returns it to its out-of-box state. If a third party reset the phone, the codes that changed the phone from locked to unlocked are removed. If you purchased the phone as unlocked before you went through setup, then the unlock should remain even if you reset the phone
Can you factory reset a locked phone?
If you forget your lock sequence and backup PIN, you will have to perform a hard reset to gain access to your phone. Release the Power/Lock Key only when the LG logo is displayed, then immediately press and hold the Power/Lock Key again. Release all keys when the Factory hard reset screen is displayed.
How do I bypass the lock screen on my Samsung without losing data?
Ways 1. Bypass Samsung Lock Screen Pattern, Pin, Password and Fingerprint without Losing Data
- Connect your Samsung phone. Install and launch the software on your computer and select “Unlock” among all the toolkits.
- Choose the mobile phone model.
- Enter into download mode.
- Download recovery package.
- Remove Samsung lock screen.
How do I disable screen lock on Android?
How to Disable the Lock Screen in Android
- Open Settings. You can find Settings in the app drawer or by tapping the cog icon in the upper-right corner of the notification shade.
- Select Security.
- Tap Screen Lock. Select None.
How do I turn off PIN lock on Android?
Turn on / off
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Lock screen and security.
- Tap Screen lock type.
- Tap one of the following options: Swipe. Pattern. PIN. Password. Fingerprint. None (To turn off screen lock.)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the desired screen lock option.
How can I reboot my Android phone using PC?
Follow the given steps to know how to hard reset Android phone using PC. You have to download Android ADB tools on your computer. A USB Cable to connect your device with your computer. Step 1:Enable the USB Debugging in the android settings.Open Settings>Developer options>USB Debugging.
How can I unlock my Android phone with a broken screen?
Method 1: How to Access Screen-Broken Android via OTG Adapter
- Step 1: Connect a OTG adapter to your phone as well as the mouse.
- Step 2: Reboot your phone and wait for it to recognize the mouse.
- Step 3: If the connection is successful then you should be able to draw the pattern of your phone and unlock it.
How can I open my phone on my computer?
Move files by USB
- Download and install Android File Transfer on your computer.
- Open Android File Transfer.
- Unlock your Android device.
- With a USB cable, connect your device to your computer.
- On your device, tap the “Charging this device via USB” notification.
- Under “Use USB for,” select File Transfer.
How do I unblock an Android phone?
How to Block or Unblock Calls on Your Android Phone
- Open the Phone application.
- Press the Menu key.
- Select Call settings.
- Select Call rejection.
- Select Auto reject list.
- Tap on Create. Place a checkbox beside Unknown, if you want to block unknown numbers.
- Enter the phone number you wish to block, tap on Save.
Is it free to unlock a phone?
As of Dec. 1, cellular providers will have to unlock your phone free of charge. As of Dec. 1, cellphone customers can ask their provider to unlock their phones free of charge, the CRTC announced Thursday. At the same time, it said, all newly purchased mobile devices must be provided to customers unlocked.
Is it easy to unlock a phone?
How do I unlock my mobile phone? You can make sure your phone actually needs unlocking by inserting a SIM card from another network into your mobile phone. Once you’re provided with the code you should be able to enter it into your phone to remove the lock. This is the easiest and most common method of unlocking.
Does factory reset remove root?
No, root won’t be removed by factory reset. If you want to remove it, then you should flash stock ROM; or delete the su binary from the system/bin and system/xbin and then delete the Superuser app from the system/app .
How do you factory reset a locked Samsung phone?
- Simultaneously press and hold the power button + volume up button + home key until the Samsung logo appears, then release only the power button.
- From the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Yes — delete all user data.
- Select reboot system now.
How do you hard reset an Android phone?
Turn off the phone and then press and hold the Volume Up key and Power key simultaneously until the Android system recover screen appears. Use the Volume Down key to highlight the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then use the Power button to make the selection.
How do I do a soft reset on my Android?
Soft Reset Your Phone
- Hold the power button down until you see the boot menu then hit Power off.
- Remove the battery, wait a few seconds and then put it back in. This only works if you have a removable battery.
- Hold the power button down until the phone turns off. You may have to hold the button for a minute or more.
How do I completely wipe my Android phone?
To wipe your stock Android device, head to the “Backup & reset” section of your Settings app and tap the option to for “Factory Data Reset.” The wiping process will take some time, but once it’s finished, your Android will reboot and you will see the same welcome screen you saw the first time you booted it up.
How can I format my Android phone without unlocking it?
Method 1. Remove pattern lock by hard resetting Android phone/devices
- Turn off Android phone/device > Press and hold the volume down and power button simultaneously;
- Release these buttons till Android phone turns on;
- Then your Android phone will enter recovery mode, you can scroll up and down using the volume buttons;
How do I remove the plugin from my lock screen?
Android Ads on Lock Screen Removal
- It might be enough to navigate to Settings -> Application Manager -> Downloaded -> Locate Ads on Lock Screen -> Uninstall.
- If this option is not active then try this: Settings -> More -> Security -> Device Administrators.
- Make sure that only the Android Device Manger has permissions to alter your device.
How do I disable the screen lock on my Samsung Galaxy?
The screen lock has been turned off.
- Touch Apps. You can remove any screen locks that you’ve set up on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Lock screen.
- Touch Screen lock.
- Enter your PIN/password/pattern.
- Touch CONTINUE.
- Touch None.
- The screen lock has been turned off.
How do I remove the pattern lock on my phone?
Every Phone Have option to remove the pattern lock. Then you have remove the pattern lock.
In your phone go to the settings options and check for Security settings and find key lock settings.
- You will have Some options like PIN, Pattern, None.
- Pin is for the phone will ask you for a 4-digit number to unlock your phone.
How do I change USB settings on Android?
The USB connection option has been changed.
- Plug the USB cable into the phone. You can change the USB settings so that your phone will sync, charge, etc.
- Touch and drag the notification bar down.
- Touch Connected as a media device.
- Touch the desired option (e.g., Camera (PTP)).
- The USB connection option has been changed.
How do I transfer files on Android?
How to use it
- Download the app.
- Open AndroidFileTransfer.dmg.
- Drag Android File Transfer to Applications.
- Use the USB cable that came with your Android device and connect it to your Mac.
- Double click Android File Transfer.
- Browse the files and folders on your Android device and copy files.
Can I connect my Android phone to my PC?
It’s easy to do. Connect the USB cable that shipped with your phone to your computer, then plug it into the phone’s USB port. Next, on your Android device, open Settings > Network & internet > Hotspot & tethering. Tap the USB tethering option.
Photo in the article by “Pexels”