How to update WhatsApp on Android
- Tap the Menu button.
- Tap My apps & games.
- Tap Installed.
- Find and tap WhatsApp Messenger.
- Hit Read more and scroll to the bottom.
- Under App info, verify what version you’re on. If you’re on version 2.19.134.
- If you’re on an earlier version, scroll to the top and tap Update.
- Tap Updates.
How do I update WhatsApp on Samsung?
How to Update WhatsApp on Android
- Go to Google Play store;
- Choose “My apps & games”;
- On the installed apps list, see if WhatsApp has new update;
- Tap “WhatsApp” > “Update”.
- Go to “Settings” > “Accounts” > “Google” > tap your account;
- Tap menu button > “Remove Account”;
Why is my WhatsApp not updating?
If you’re unable to install WhatsApp due to insufficient space on your phone, try to clear Google Play Store’s cache and data: Go to your phone’s Settings, then tap Apps & notifications > App info > Google Play Store > Storage > CLEAR CACHE.
What is the new update in WhatsApp?
Latest iOS change is first of 2019 for iPhone users. The latest major update for WhatsApp will introduce a range of new features for the popular messaging app. The new update, first spotted by WaBetaInfo, is being rolled out for iPhone users through Apple’s App Store from Monday.
Do I have to update WhatsApp?
You can easily update WhatsApp from your phone’s application store. Please note if you received a message that isn’t supported by your version of WhatsApp, you’ll need to update WhatsApp.
How do I update my WhatsApp chats?
- Copy your WhatsApp conversation backup file into this folder.
- Now start WhatsApp on your new phone and verify your phone number. You should now get a notification that a message backup was found. Just tap Restore, and you’re done. After a few seconds, all of your messages should have appeared on your new device.
How do I update my WhatsApp account?
Tap ‘Update’ next to WhatsApp Messenger, and the latest version of the app will download and install onto your device. Alternatively, you can go to the Play Store and search for WhatsApp. Tap ‘Update’ under WhatsApp Messenger. Go to the App Store, then tap on ‘Updates’.
How can I not update WhatsApp?
Steps to Run Older WhatsApps Without Update
- Step 1: Download and install the older version of the WhatsApp on your Device.
- Step 2: Download APK Editor app from Google Play Store.
- Step 3: Now open Google Play Store and search for the WhatsApp app.
- Step 4: Now open APK Editor App and click on ”Select APK from APP”.
Why is my WhatsApp not sending pictures?
here are the few common problems due to which you are not able to send pictures through your WhatsApp. Common issues that can cause problems downloading or sending photos, videos, or Voice Messages include: Your phone might be having connectivity problems. Your phone’s date and time are set incorrectly.
Why WhatsApp Cannot download images?
Open the SD card folder on your phone and delete the “WhatsApp” folder. WhatsApp will still open – and your chats will still be there – but your media (photos, videos, audio) will be gone. Restart your phone. WhatsApp should be able to save your downloaded files now.
Is it necessary to update WhatsApp?
Not only whatsapp, but all the apps need updates. Updates includes new features as well as security patches. You won’t be able to use WhatsApp unless you updated that.
How do I refresh WhatsApp?
Open WhatsApp, then tap the new chat icon > More options > Refresh.
How do I update my WhatsApp contacts?
It is recommended that you make your contacts “not visible” & then “visible” to force a refresh. After doing this launch WhatsApp -> Menu Button -> Refresh. Alternatively, you can use all your contacts, not just the “visible” ones. To do this go to Menu Button > Settings > Contacts > Show all contacts.
Will I lose my messages if I update WhatsApp?
Importantly, messages won’t actually be deleted from your app, but they will be deleted from Google Drive. So if you change phones or delete WhatsApp and want to restore your messages from the back-up, you might not be able to. Google said that the new system will “go into effect for all users” on November 12, 2018.
How do you know if someone has a fake WhatsApp?
5 Warning Signs to Spot a Fake WhatsApp Account
- Spot a Fake WhatsApp Account with Spoof Number. There are several ways to create a fake WhatsApp account with a Spoof number.
- Numbers Starting from (Plus) 1 It Can be Fake.
- Numbers Starting from (Plus) 44 It Can also be Fake.
- WhatsApp Display Picture and Status is an Important Indication.
How can I reset WhatsApp?
To reinstall WhatsApp:
- Touch and hold the WhatsApp icon on the Home Screen until the icons start to wiggle.
- Tap the x in the corner of the WhatsApp icon.
- Tap Delete to remove the application and all of its data.
- Press the Home button.
- Re-download WhatsApp from the App Store.
How can I get my old WhatsApp messages on my new phone?
To do this you’ll need to take your old handset and go to WhatsApp Settings, Chats, Chat Backup and then tap Backup Now. On your new handset, reinstall WhatsApp, confirm your phone number (which has to be the same as the one used on your old phone) and you will be prompted to restore your chat history.
Does Samsung Smart Switch transfer WhatsApp messages?
After switching to a new Samsung Galaxy Note 9, you are able to transfer WhatsApp chats from old Android phone to it using Google Drive. Step 1 : Run WhatsApp application on your old phone. Head over to Menu button > Settings > Chats > Chat backup where you can check the backup options under Google Drive settings.
How do I retrieve old WhatsApp messages?
#2. Recover WhatsApp Chat History from older (less recent) backups
- Uninstall WhatsApp.
- Open the WhatsApp database or backup folder. Decide which backup file you want to restore.
- Rename that file from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt7” to “msgstore.db.crypt7”.
- Install WhatsApp.
- When asked to restore, tap Restore.
Has WhatsApp ever been hacked?
Facebook subsidiary WhatsApp says it has been hacked and that the attackers installed spyware on a number of people’s smartphones. He says this vulnerability was discovered by the WhatsApp team and only sent out a notification after the problem was fixed.
Why WhatsApp images are not showing in gallery?
We are not able to see the sent images in Gallery because there is a file .nomedia which hides all the media items from Gallery. If you want to make it show on your gallery, Open File Manager that you use, Open Internal Storage and Find Whatsapp folder -> Media -> Whatsapp Images.
Why can’t I send pictures?
Troubleshooting – iPhone Won’t Send Pictures in Text. Answer: iPhone indeed supports sending pictures via MMS or iMessages. If your iPhone won’t send pictures in text, my guess is you don’t have MMS enabled on your phone. Also, this problem may be caused by the network, the carrier and so on.
Has WhatsApp crashed?
WhatsApp has crashed around the globe, leaving users unable to send messages. According to the website Down Detector, the problem hit both iOS and Android users. Messages failed to send and the app would not load, according to affected users.
How do I sync my WhatsApp messages?
To use local backup to transfer WhatsApp messages between Android devices, follow the steps below: 1. Launch WhatsApp on your old Android device, go to Menu Button > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Back Up, and back up the WhatsApp messages.
Where is refresh option in WhatsApp?
Well it has a “Refresh” on contacts list. Once you open the app you can see all the conversations and on the top right corner there’s an icon to open a new chat from your contacts so click on that, then you can see 3 vertical dots on the top right corner, click on that and you’ll see a refresh option in that.
Can I see someone on WhatsApp if they don’t have my number?
When you add someone to your contact list, you’ll see them on WhatsApp, but if the other person doesn’t have your number, they won’t see you until you contact them.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”