- 1 Why is my phone not notifying me when I get text messages?
- 2 Why is there no sound when I get a text?
- 3 How do I get sound when I receive a text?
- 4 How do you unmute text messages on Android?
- 5 How do I turn on text notifications on my Android?
- 6 How do I get text notifications on my Android?
- 7 Why is my phone not ringing when I get a text?
- 8 Why does my notification sound not work?
- 9 Can’t hear when I get a text message?
- 10 Why is there no sound on my phone?
- 11 How do I customize my notification sound?
- 12 Why isn’t my iPhone notifying me when I get a text?
- 13 How do I unmute my android?
- 14 Why is there a mute sign on my text messages?
- 15 What does mute conversation mean on Android text?
- 16 How do I get notifications back on my Android?
- 17 How do I turn on notifications on Android?
- 18 How do I turn on pop up notifications on Android?
- 19 How do I enable SMS on Android?
- 20 How do I turn on text message notifications?
- 21 How does notification work in Android?
- 22 Where is Do Not Disturb Android?
- 23 How do I turn off quietly on messages?
- 24 How do I get my iPhone to not show my text messages?
- 25 What happens when a blocked number texts you android?
- 26 What happens when you block text messages on Android?
- 27 How do you unblock text messages on Android?
Why is my phone not notifying me when I get text messages?
Settings > Notifications > Messages > and Turn off “Show in Notification Center” Make sure that Do Now Disturb is disabled.
You can check this by going to Settings > Do Not Disturb.
Make sure that the Mute switch (on the side of your iPhone and iPad) is not on.
Why is there no sound when I get a text?
When your iPhone text tone is not working, you can check the settings and find out whether the text tone has been muted or not. On your iPhone, browse for ‘Settings’ > ‘Sounds’ > ‘Ringer and Alerts’ > turn it ‘ON’. Ensure that the volume slider is towards high. Put the ‘Vibrate on Ring/Silent’ switch towards on.
How do I get sound when I receive a text?
Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > and scroll down to the section Sounds and Vibration Patterns. In this section, look for Text Tone. If this says None or Vibrate Only, tap it and change the alert to something you like.
How do you unmute text messages on Android?
Muting a conversation disables notifications from specific conversations.
- Tap the Message+ icon . If not available, navigate: Apps > Message+.
- Select a conversation.
- Tap the Menu icon (located in the upper-right).
- Select Mute / Unmute Conversation.
How do I turn on text notifications on my Android?
Set Ringtone for All Text Messages
- From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app.
- From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“.
- Select “Notifications“.
- Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“.
How do I get text notifications on my Android?
Text Message Notification Settings – Android™
- From the messaging app, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Settings or Messaging settings.
- If applicable, tap Notifications or Notification settings.
- Configure the following received notification options as preferred:
- Configure the following ringtone options:
Why is my phone not ringing when I get a text?
Most of the time, the reason an iPhone won’t ring for incoming calls is that the user has accidentally turned on the Do Not Disturb feature in Settings. Do Not Disturb silences calls, alerts, and notifications on your iPhone.
Why does my notification sound not work?
(Android) Sound Notifications Not Working. Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
Can’t hear when I get a text message?
Go to Settings >Sounds>Text Tones>Choose an alert tone you can hear well and like. Turn vibrate off. Check Settings >Notifications >messages>make sure “Allow Notifications” is toggled on. If there is still no alert sound, try a hard reset.
Why is there no sound on my phone?
Before you follow these steps, see if your speaker works: In Settings > Sounds (or Settings > Sounds & Haptics), drag the Ringer And Alerts slider up or down a few times. If you don’t hear any sound, your speaker might need service. If you do hear sound, use the steps below and check the sound after each step.
How do I customize my notification sound?
To begin, you have to go through the following steps:
- Go to Settings, then My Device.
- Select “Sound and Notification”, or just “Sound.”
- Select “Default Notification Ringtone/Notification Sound.”
- Select the sound from the list.
- After selection, tap “OK.”
Why isn’t my iPhone notifying me when I get a text?
If you haven’t done so already, try restarting your iPhone. Also, tap Settings, then tap Notifications and scroll down until you find Messages. Tap it and check your notification settings. Also check to make sure Do Not Disturb is not turned on.
How do I unmute my android?
Turn on vibrate or mute
- Press a volume button.
- At the right, above the slider, you’ll see an icon. Tap it until you see: Vibrate. Mute. Note: If you don’t see an icon, go to the steps for Android 8.1 & below.
- Optional: To unmute or turn off vibrate, tap the icon until you see Ring .
Why is there a mute sign on my text messages?
Re: Mute symbol in text. That mute symbol means that notifications for that contact’s messages have been turned off. If you want to un-mute the contact, go to the contact’s conversation screen, where the contact’s messages are displayed, and press the down arrow next to the contact’s name at the top of the screen.
What does mute conversation mean on Android text?
Muting a conversation will stop all email notifications of new messages for that thread. However, you’ll still be able to see new messages added to the thread, along with old messages, by clicking into the conversation from LinkedIn messaging. You can mute and unmute a conversation at any time.
How do I get notifications back on my Android?
How to look at your notification history on stock Android
- Long press anywhere on your home screen.
- Select widgets at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap the “Settings shortcut” widget.
- Tap “Notification Log”
- Place the widget on your home screen.
- Tap the widget and scroll through your past notifications.
How do I turn on notifications on Android?
To enable or disable push notifications at the Android system level:
- On your Android device, tap Apps > Settings > MORE.
- Tap Application manager > DOWNLOADED.
- Tap on the Arlo app.
- Select or clear the check box next to Show notifications to enable or disable push notifications.
How do I turn on pop up notifications on Android?
Open the Settings app, then tap Sound & notification. Tap App notifications, then tap the name of the app you no longer want to see notifications for. Next, toggle the Allow peeking switch to the Off position—it’ll turn from blue to gray. Just like that, you will no longer receive heads-up notifications for that app.
How do I enable SMS on Android?
To enable SMS and MMS delivery report feature(s) of your Android smartphone, follow the below procedure:
- Open the Messaging app.
- Tap on the Menu key > Settings.
- Scroll to the Text message (SMS) settings section and check “Delivery reports”
How do I turn on text message notifications?
Text Message Notification Settings – Samsung Galaxy S6 edge +
- From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon > Messages.
- Tap the Menu icon (located in the upper-right).
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the Notifications switch to turn on or off .
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap Notification sound then select an option (e.g., Silent, Beep Once, etc.).
How does notification work in Android?
Push notifications are broadly utilized on every single cell phone to share updated information or events. On Android devices, when you get push notifications, the sender application’s symbol and a message show up in the status bar. At the point when the client taps the notification, he/she arrives on the application.
Where is Do Not Disturb Android?
Setting Priority Notifications in Do Not Disturb
- Go to Settings > Sound & notification > Do not disturb and tap Priority only allows.
- You can choose Reminders, Events, approved contacts, messages or calls from specific contacts, or repeat callers who call twice within 15 minutes.
How do I turn off quietly on messages?
How to Disable Delivery Quietly
- Find a quiet notification in the Notification Center. (Pull down from the top of your display, or the top-right on an iPhone X.)
- Swipe from the right to the left on a notification you’d like to delivery quietly.
- Tap on Manage.
- Tap on Deliver Prominently.
How do I get my iPhone to not show my text messages?
Go to Settings, then Notifications, and tap on Messages. Scroll down to the bottom and you’ll see an option called Show Previews. Tap the little toggle button so that it is no longer green. Now when you get a text or iMessage from someone, you will only see the name of the person and not the message.
What happens when a blocked number texts you android?
First off, when a blocked number tries to send you a text message, it won’t go through, and they will likely never see the “delivered” note. On your end, you’ll see nothing at all. As far as phone calls are concerned, a blocked call goes directly to voice mail.
What happens when you block text messages on Android?
When you block incoming messages on Android it means that you only would not be notified about it was received. You will not be able to send message to someone if you blocked someone. If someone blocked you then it’s the different case. The who blocked you will not be able to see and respond your messages.
How do you unblock text messages on Android?
- From any Home screen, tap Messages.
- Tap the Menu key in the top right-hand corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Spam filter to select the check box.
- Tap Remove from spam numbers.
- Touch and hold on the desired number you wish to unblock.
- Tap Delete.
- Tap OK.
Photo in the article by “SAP”