Swipe the menu to get the list of the apps and search for the Message app. When you will open the App info, you will see the Clear Data and Clear Cache option. You can clear both the Data and Cache and then restart your device and see if the problem is fixed or not.
How do I fix my text messages on my Android?
- How to troubleshoot your Android if text messages won’t send. Here are four ways to troubleshoot your Android. …
- Restart your phone. Hold the Lock and Volume Down buttons. …
- Check for updates. Go to your Settings app. …
- Clear your Messages cache. Tap “CLEAR CACHE.” …
- Check your SIM card. Adjust your SIM card.
21 апр. 2020 г.
Why is messages not working on Android?
Go to settings, then go to Apps, and then select Messages. After that, tap storage and hit the “Clear cache” button. Try it and see if it works better. If that doesn’t work, try to uninstall updates and return it to the original state.
Why would a text message not be delivered?
1. Invalid Numbers. This is the most common reason that text message delivery can fail. If a text message is sent to an invalid number, it won’t be delivered – similar to entering an incorrect email address, you will get a response from your phone carrier informing you that the entered number was invalid.
How do I reset my text message settings?
Follow these steps to reset SMS settings to default values on Android:
- Open Messages.
- Choose Settings.
- Reset all settings to factory values.
- Restart your device.
19 янв. 2021 г.
Can send texts but not receive Android?
Fix problems sending or receiving messages
Make sure you have the most updated version of Messages. … Verify that Messages is set as your default texting app. Learn how to change your default texting app. Make sure your carrier supports SMS, MMS, or RCS messaging.
How do I fix my text messages not showing up?
If your messaging app stops, how do you fix it?
- Go into your home screen and then tap on the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and then tap on the Apps selection.
- Then scroll down to the Message app in the menu and tap on it.
- Then tap on the Storage selection.
- You should see two options; Clear Data and Clear Cache. Tap on both.
Why is my Samsung phone not receiving text messages?
If your Samsung can send but Android not receiving texts, the first thing you need to try is to clear the Messages app’s cache and data. Head to Settings > Apps > Messages > Storage > Clear Cache. After clearing the cache, head back to the setting menu and select Clear Data this time. Then restart your device.
How do I fix my android not receiving texts from iPhones?
Can’t receive texts from iPhones fix #1: Are you an Android convert?
- Put the SIM card you transferred from your iPhone back into your iPhone.
- Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data network (such as 3G or LTE).
- Tap Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
- Tap Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
2 мар. 2021 г.
Can a text message not be received?
The Causes of Delayed or Missing Texts on Android
Text messaging has three components: the devices, the app, and the network. … The device may not be working properly, the network may not be sending or receiving messages, or the app may have a bug or other malfunction. In some cases, these causes aren’t easy to diagnose.
How do I know if text message was received?
Now when you send a text message you can tap and hold the message and select “View message details“. On some models, it may be under “View report“. The statuses will show “Received“, “Delivered“, or may simply show the time of delivery.
Does message not delivered mean blocked?
Android phones don’t have that “delivered” message on texting, and even an iPhone user won’t see the “delivered” notification while texting an Android user. … Of course, this doesn’t automatically mean that person has blocked your phone number; your call may be diverted to voicemail for other reasons.
How do I get to SMS settings?
Set up SMS – Samsung Android
- Select Messages.
- Select the Menu button. Note: The Menu button may be placed elsewhere on your screen or your device.
- Select Settings.
- Select More settings.
- Select Text messages.
- Select Message Centre.
- Enter the Message centre number and select Set.
Why is my message notification not working?
Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
Why is my message app not working?
The conflicts between the old caches and the new Android version will cause errors including message app error. So you can go to clear the message app’s cache and data to fix the “message app not working” issue. The following are the steps to clear caches and data: … Find the SMS app and then clear cache and data.