To find out which Android OS is on your device: Open your device’s Settings.
Tap About Phone or About Device.
Tap Android Version to display your version information.
Why is my Android OS draining my battery?
Check which apps drain your battery. Just go to Settings >> Device >> Battery or Settings >> Power >> Battery Use, or Settings >> Device >> Battery, depending on your version of Android OS, to see a list of all your apps, and approximately how much battery power each is using.
Which is the latest version of Android?
- How do I know what the version number is called?
- Pie: Versions 9.0 –
- Oreo: Versions 8.0-
- Nougat: Versions 7.0-
- Marshmallow: Versions 6.0 –
- Lollipop: Versions 5.0 –
- Kit Kat: Versions 4.4-4.4.4; 4.4W-4.4W.2.
- Jelly Bean: Versions 4.1-4.3.1.
How do I stop Android OS from using data?
All other things are also helpful like disabling Auto Sync Background data, etc. Try doing this: Go to Settings -> Apps -> All Apps. Go to the last app Update Centre and then tap on it.
What is Android OS used for?
Android (operating system) Android is an operating system for mobile devices. It is mostly used for smartphones, like Google’s own Google Pixel, as well as by other phone manufacturers like HTC and Samsung. It has also been used for tablets such as the Motorola Xoom and Amazon Kindle.
How do I stop my android from draining my battery?
How To Avoid Draining Your Cell Phone Battery
- Switch Off Your Phone. If you don’t need your phone while you’re sleeping or after business hours, just switch it off.
- Turn Off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Switch Off the Vibrate Function.
- Avoid Flash Photography.
- Reduce the Screen Brightness.
- Close Applications.
- Keep Your Calls Brief.
- Avoid Games, Videos, Pictures and Internet.
What is killing my battery Android?
1. Check which apps are draining your battery. In all versions of Android, hit Settings > Device > Battery or Settings > Power > Battery Use to see a list of all apps and how much battery power they’re using.
Can I upgrade my Android OS?
From here, you can open it and tap the update action to upgrade the Android system to the latest version. Connect your Android phone to the Wi-Fi Network. Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version.
What is the latest Android version 2018?
Nougat is losing its hold (latest)
|Android Name||Android Version||Usage Share|
|Jelly Bean||4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x||3.2%↓|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.3, 4.0.4||0.3%|
|Gingerbread||2.3.3 to 2.3.7||0.3%|
4 more rows
What’s new in Oreo Android?
It’s official — the newest version of Google’s mobile operating system is called Android 8.0 Oreo, and it’s in the process of rolling out to many different devices. Oreo has plenty of changes in store, ranging from revamped looks to under-the-hood improvements, so there’s tons of cool new stuff to explore.
How do I stop Android OS from using background data?
- Go to Settings → Data Usage → Tap on Menu Button → Check Restrict Background data option , Uncheck Auto-sync Data.
- Unlock Developer Options → Go to Settings → Developer Options → Tap on Background Process Limit → Choose No background Processing.
How do I stop Android OS updates?
Tutorial on How to Disable Android OS Update Notification
- Turn on Settings application. First of all, just tap on the icon of Settings on your screen to open the application.
- Enable a fake system update.
- Connect to a fake Wi-fi hotspot.
- Update your Android system to the latest version.
Why does my Android use so much data?
Swipe down from the top of the screen and open Settings, Data usage, then scroll down to view the list of apps using data on your phone. Click on an app, then select the option to Restrict background data. Be choosy, though: these apps will now refresh in the background only over Wi-Fi.
How do I find my Android OS version?
To find out which Android OS is on your device:
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Tap About Phone or About Device.
- Tap Android Version to display your version information.
What are the names of Android OS?
Android versions and their names
- Android 1.5: Android Cupcake.
- Android 1.6: Android Donut.
- Android 2.0: Android Eclair.
- Android 2.2: Android Froyo.
- Android 2.3: Android Gingerbread.
- Android 3.0: Android Honeycomb.
- Android 4.0: Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Android 4.1 to 4.3.1: Android Jelly Bean.
What Android OS am I running?
Slide your finger up your Android phone’s screen to scroll all the way to the bottom of the Settings menu. Tap “About Phone” at the bottom of the menu. Tap the “Software Information” option on the About Phone menu. The first entry on the page that loads will be your current Android software version.
Why is battery draining so fast?
As soon as you notice your battery charge is dropping faster than usual, reboot the phone. Google services aren’t the only culprits; third-party apps can also get stuck and drain the battery. If your phone keeps killing the battery too fast even after a reboot, check the battery information in Settings.
What happens if your phone battery dies fast?
- Turn Down the Brightness. One of the easiest ways to prolong your battery life is to turn down the screen brightness.
- Mind Your Apps.
- Download a Battery Saving App.
- Turn Off the Wi-Fi Connection.
- Turn on Airplane Mode.
- Lose the Location Services.
- Fetch Your Own Email.
- Reduce Push Notifications for Apps.
Why is my car battery draining so fast?
A short circuit may cause excessive current draw and drain your battery. Check the charging system for a loose or worn-out alternator belt, problems in the circuit (loose, disconnected or broken wires), or a failing alternator. Engine operation problems can also cause excessive battery drain during cranking.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”