Slide your finger up your Android phone’s screen to scroll all the way to the bottom of the Settings menu.
Tap “About Phone” at the bottom of the menu.
Tap the “Software Information” option on the About Phone menu.
The first entry on the page that loads will be your current Android software version.
How do I find out what Android version My phone is?
How do I know what version of Android I have?
- From the home screen, press the Settings Button.
- Then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down and select About Phone.
- Scroll down to Android Version.
- The small number under the heading is the version number of the Android operating system on your device.
What is the latest Android version 2018?
Nougat is losing its hold (latest)
|Android Name||Android Version||Usage Share|
|Jelly Bean||4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x||3.2%↓|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.3, 4.0.4||0.3%|
|Gingerbread||2.3.3 to 2.3.7||0.3%|
4 more rows
What Android version is Samsung Galaxy s8?
In February 2018, the official Android 8.0.0 “Oreo” update began rolling out to the Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+, and Samsung Galaxy S8 Active. In February 2019, Samsung released the official Android 9.0 “Pie” for the Galaxy S8 family.
Which Android version is the best?
This is the Market Contribution of top Android Versions in the month of July 2018:
- Android Nougat (7.0, 7.1 versions) – 30.8%
- Android Marshmallow (6.0 version) – 23.5%
- Android Lollipop (5.0, 5.1 versions) – 20.4%
- Android Oreo (8.0, 8.1 versions) – 12.1%
- Android KitKat (4.4 version) – 9.1%
How do I check my Android version Galaxy s9?
Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ – View Software Version
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Navigate: Settings > About phone.
- Tap Software information then view the Build number. To verify the device has the latest software version, refer to Install Device Software Updates. Samsung.
Can I update my Android version on my phone?
Connect your Android phone to the Wi-Fi Network. Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version. Your phone will automatically reboot and upgrade to the new Android version when the installation completed.
What is the latest version of Android 2018?
|Code name||Version number||Initial release date|
|Oreo||8.0 – 8.1||August 21, 2017|
|Pie||9.0||August 6, 2018|
|Legend: Old version Older version, still supported Latest version Latest preview version|
14 more rows
What’s the latest version of Android?
A Brief Android Version History
- Android 5.0-5.1.1, Lollipop: November 12, 2014 (initial release)
- Android 6.0-6.0.1, Marshmallow: October 5, 2015 (initial release)
- Android 7.0-7.1.2, Nougat: August 22, 2016 (initial release)
- Android 8.0-8.1, Oreo: August 21, 2017 (initial release)
- Android 9.0, Pie: August 6, 2018.
What is the best Android operating system for tablets?
Among the best Android devices are the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and the Huawei MediaPad M3. Those looking for a very consumer oriented model should consider the Barnes & Noble NOOK Tablet 7″.
What is the latest Android version for Samsung?
- How do I know what the version number is called?
- Pie: Versions 9.0 –
- Oreo: Versions 8.0-
- Nougat: Versions 7.0-
- Marshmallow: Versions 6.0 –
- Lollipop: Versions 5.0 –
- Kit Kat: Versions 4.4-4.4.4; 4.4W-4.4W.2.
- Jelly Bean: Versions 4.1-4.3.1.
What is Android 9 called?
Android P is officially Android 9 Pie. On August 6, 2018, Google revealed that its next version of Android is Android 9 Pie. Along with the name change, the number this year is also slightly different. Rather than following the trend of 7.0, 8.0, etc., Pie is referred to as 9.
What is Android 7.0 called?
Android 7.0 “Nougat” (codenamed Android N during development) is the seventh major version and 14th original version of the Android operating system.
Is Android Oreo better than nougat?
But the latest statistics depict that Android Oreo runs on more than 17% of Android devices. The slow adoption rate of Android Nougat does not prevent Google from releasing Android 8.0 Oreo. Many hardware manufacturers are expected to roll out Android 8.0 Oreo over next few months.
What is the most popular version of Android?
The latest version, Android 8.0 Oreo, sits at a distant sixth place. Android 7.0 Nougat has finally become the most-used version of the mobile operating system, running on 28.5 percent of devices (across both versions 7.0 and 7.1), according to an update on Google’s developer portal today (via 9to5Google).
What is the best Android operating system for mobile phones?
Our list of the top 10 Android phones available in the US
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. The best of the best.
- Google Pixel 3. The best camera phone without the notch.
- (Image: © TechRadar) Samsung Galaxy S10e.
- OnePlus 6T.
- Samsung Galaxy S10.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
- Google Pixel 3 XL.
How do I find Bluetooth version on Android?
Here are the steps to check Bluetooth Version of Android Phone:
- Step 1: Turn ON the Bluetooth of Device.
- Step 2: Now Tap on Phone Settings.
- Step 3: Tap on App and Select the “ALL” Tab.
- Step 4: Scroll Down and Tap on Bluetooth Icon named Bluetooth Share.
- Step 5: Done! Under App Info, you will see the version.
What Android version is Samsung Galaxy s9?
The Galaxy S9 series was released in February 2018 and became the first Samsung flagships to run Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. The Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus were also the first Samsung devices to get the beta version of the One UI overlay, which is based on Android 9 Pie.
What is the next Android version?
It’s official, the next big version of Android OS is Android Pie. Google gave a preview of the upcoming version of the world’s most-popular mobile OS, then dubbed Android P, earlier this year. The new OS version is on its way now and is available on Pixel phones.
How do I upgrade my Android operating system?
Updating your Android.
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings.
- Select About Phone.
- Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
- Install. Depending on the OS, you’ll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.
Is redmi Note 4 Android upgradable?
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is one of the highest shipped device of the year 2017 in India. The Note 4 runs on the MIUI 9 which is a OS based on Android 7.1 Nougat. But there is another way to upgrade to the latest Android 8.1 Oreo on your Redmi Note 4.
How can I update my Android without a computer?
Method 2 Using a Computer
- Download your Android manufacturer’s desktop software.
- Install the desktop software.
- Find and download an available update file.
- Connect your Android to your computer.
- Open the manufacturer’s desktop software.
- Find and click the Update option.
- Select your update file when prompted.
Are there any good Android tablets?
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 offers the best overall Android tablet experience, with a big screen, high-end specs, a stylus, and support for a full keyboard. It’s expensive, and not the right pick for anyone who wants a smaller and more portable tablet, but as an all-around device it can’t be beaten.
What are the best Android tablets?
The best Android tablets for 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 ($650-plus)
- Amazon Fire HD 10 ($150)
- Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite ($200)
- Asus ZenPad 3S 10 ($290-plus)
Which is better Android or Windows?
Well android and windows phone both are good operating systems. Although windows phone is newer compared to android. They have better battery life and memory management than android. While if you are in customization, large no. of device availability, lots of apps , quality apps then go for android.
Is Android 7 any good?
Google has announced that the latest version of Android, 7.0 Nougat, is rolling out to newer Nexus devices starting today. The rest are tweaks around the edges — but there are bigger changes underneath that should make Android faster and more secure, too. But the story of Nougat isn’t really whether it’s any good.
Is Android 7.0 nougat good?
By now, many of the most recent premium phones have received an update to Nougat, but updates are still rolling out for many other devices. It all depends on your manufacturer and carrier. The new OS is loaded with new features and refinements, each one improving upon the overall Android experience.
What is Android 8 called?
The latest version of Android is officially here, and it’s called Android Oreo, as most people suspected. Google has traditionally used sweet treats for the names of its major Android releases, dating back to Android 1.5, aka “Cupcake.”
Photo in the article by “Pexels”