What is Android 9 called?
Android P is officially Android 9 Pie.
On August 6, 2018, Google revealed that its next version of Android is Android 9 Pie.
Along with the name change, the number is also slightly different.
Rather than following the trend of 7.0, 8.0, etc., Pie is referred to as 9.
What does Android 9 pie do?
One of Google’s major spotlights is Digital Wellbeing in Android 9.0 Pie, ensuring your phone works for you, and not the other way around. One of these new features is the Android Dashboard — a feature that helps track the amount of time you spend on your device.
How do I take a screenshot on Android 9?
5) Take screenshots faster. The old Volume Down+Power button combination still works for taking a screenshot on your Android 9 Pie device, but you can also long-press on Power and tap Screenshot instead (Power off and Restart buttons are listed too).
What are the features of Android 9?
Here’s a look at Android 9 Pie’s best new features, along with a list of currently supported devices.
- 1) Tap into gestures.
- 2) A better Overview.
- 3) A smarter battery.
- 4) Adaptive brightness.
- 5) Improved notifications.
- 6) Native notch support.
- 7) App Actions.
- Have a slice.
What is Android 7 called?
Android 7.0 “Nougat” (codenamed Android N during development) is the seventh major version and 14th original version of the Android operating system. First released as an alpha test version on March 9, 2016, it was officially released on August 22, 2016, with Nexus devices being the first to receive the update.
Should I update Android 9?
Android 9 Pie is a free software update for smartphones, tablets and other supported devices. Google released it on August 6th, 2018, but most people didn’t get it for several months, and major phones like the Galaxy S9 received Android Pie in early 2019 over six months after its arrival.
What is the latest Android version 2018?
Nougat is losing its hold (latest)
|Android Name||Android Version||Usage Share|
|Jelly Bean||4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x||3.2%↓|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.3, 4.0.4||0.3%|
|Gingerbread||2.3.3 to 2.3.7||0.3%|
4 more rows
What is Android 9.0 called?
Android 9.0 ‘Pie’, which was first unveiled at Google’s annual developer conference in May, will use artificial intelligence to adapt to how you use the deviceETtech | August 07, 2018, 10:17 IST. The next version of Google’s Android operating system, Android 9.0, will be called Pie.
Which is the best version of Android?
Here are the most popular Android versions in October
- Nougat 7.0, 7.1 28.2%↓
- Marshmallow 6.0 21.3%↓
- Lollipop 5.0, 5.1 17.9%↓
- Oreo 8.0, 8.1 21.5%↑
- KitKat 4.4 7.6%↓
- Jelly Bean 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x 3%↓
- Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, 4.0.4 0.3%
- Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.7 0.2%↓
How do u screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy 9?
Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ – Capture a Screenshot. To capture a screenshot, press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time (for approximately 2 seconds). To view the screenshot you’ve taken, swipe up or down from the center of the display on a Home screen then navigate: Gallery > Screenshots.
How do I take a screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy 9?
Galaxy S9 screenshot method 1: Hold the buttons
- Navigate to the content you want to capture.
- Press and hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously.
What is the latest Android version?
|Code name||Version number||Initial release date|
|Oreo||8.0 – 8.1||August 21, 2017|
|Pie||9.0||August 6, 2018|
|Legend: Old version Older version, still supported Latest version Latest preview version|
14 more rows
What are the best features of Android phones?
Pick up the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus for one of the best phones running Android there is in 2019.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. Simply put, the best Android phone in the world.
- Huawei P30 Pro.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Google Pixel 3 XL.
- OnePlus 6T.
- Xiaomi Mi 9.
- Nokia 9 PureView.
What are the new features of Android pie?
25 Cool New Features in Android 9.0 Pie
- Adaptive Battery. If you used the Doze feature in Android 6 which hibernates all apps not being at that moment, the adaptive battery feature is an improvement of that and it is enabled by default.
- Dark Mode.
- App Actions.
- App Timer.
- Adaptive Brightness.
- Accessibility Menu.
- Easier Text Selection.
Which phones will get Android P?
Asus phones that will receive Android 9.0 Pie:
- Asus ROG Phone (will receive “soon”)
- Asus Zenfone 4 Max.
- Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie.
- Asus Zenfone Selfie Live.
- Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1)
- Asus Zenfone 5 Lite.
- Asus Zenfone Live.
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M2) (scheduled to receive by April 15)
Is Android 7.0 nougat good?
By now, many of the most recent premium phones have received an update to Nougat, but updates are still rolling out for many other devices. It all depends on your manufacturer and carrier. The new OS is loaded with new features and refinements, each one improving upon the overall Android experience.
What is Android 8 called?
The latest version of Android is officially here, and it’s called Android Oreo, as most people suspected. Google has traditionally used sweet treats for the names of its major Android releases, dating back to Android 1.5, aka “Cupcake.”
Is Android 7 still supported?
Google’s own Nexus 6 phone, released in the fall of 2014, can be upgraded to the latest version of Nougat (7.1.1) and will receive over-the-air security patches until the fall of 2017. But it won’t be compatible with the upcoming Nougat 7.1.2.
How do you upgrade Android?
Updating your Android.
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings.
- Select About Phone.
- Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
- Install. Depending on the OS, you’ll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.
What is the latest version of Android 2019?
January 7, 2019 — Motorola has announced that Android 9.0 Pie is now available for the Moto X4 devices in India. January 23, 2019 — Motorola is shipping out Android Pie to the Moto Z3. The update brings all the tasty Pie feature to the device including Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery, and gesture navigation.
What makes a phone an android?
Android is a mobile operating system maintained by Google, and is everyone else’s answer to the popular iOS phones from Apple. It is used on a range of smartphones and tablets including those manufactured by Google, Samsung, LG, Sony, HPC, Huawei, Xiaomi, Acer and Motorola.
What is the best Android operating system for tablets?
The best Android tablets for 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 ($650-plus)
- Amazon Fire HD 10 ($150)
- Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite ($200)
- Asus ZenPad 3S 10 ($290-plus)
What was Android 1.0 called?
Android versions 1.0 to 1.1: The early days. Android made its official public debut in 2008 with Android 1.0 — a release so ancient it didn’t even have a cute codename. The Android 1.0 home screen and its rudimentary web browser (not yet called Chrome).
Can Android version be updated?
Normally, you will get notifications from OTA (over-the-air) when the Android Pie update is available for you. Connect your Android phone to the Wi-Fi Network. Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version.
What is the latest Android version for tablets?
A Brief Android Version History
- Android 5.0-5.1.1, Lollipop: November 12, 2014 (initial release)
- Android 6.0-6.0.1, Marshmallow: October 5, 2015 (initial release)
- Android 7.0-7.1.2, Nougat: August 22, 2016 (initial release)
- Android 8.0-8.1, Oreo: August 21, 2017 (initial release)
- Android 9.0, Pie: August 6, 2018.
What is the latest version of Android studio?
Android Studio 3.2 is a major release that includes a variety of new features and improvements.
- 3.2.1 (October 2018) This update to Android Studio 3.2 includes the following changes and fixes: The bundled Kotlin version is now 1.2.71. The default build tools version is now 28.0.3.
- 3.2.0 known issues.
Which is latest version of Android?
The latest version of Android is Android 8.0 named “OREO”. Google has announced the latest version of Android on 21st August, 2017. However, this Android version is not widely available to all the Android users and is currently available only to Pixel and Nexus users (Google’s smartphone line-ups).
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”