Verizon Messages (Message+) is a texting app that lets you sync your texting conversations across all your compatible devices.
It also lets you: Make and receive calls on a tablet.
Customize conversations with backgrounds, bubble styles, fonts and more.
Send eGift cards to family and friends.
What is a good messaging app for Android?
Handcent, along with Chomp SMS, were the first two really good, really popular third party texting apps available on Android. Much like Chomp SMS, Handcent is a powerful and heavy texting application with a ton of features.
How do I get rid of Message Plus on my phone?
Ensure your apps are up to date as the following steps apply to the most recent version.
- From a Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Application manager.
- Swipe the screen to the left to get to the ALL screen then tap Message+.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Tap OK to uninstall the app.
How do you know if someone has read your text message on android?
Method 1 Turning on Read Receipts for Android Texts
- Open your Android’s Messages/texting app. Most Androids do not come with a texting app that lets you know when someone has read your message, but yours might.
- Tap the menu icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Advanced.
- Turn on the option for “Read Receipts.”
How do I set up messaging on my Android?
- Tap Android Messages.
- Tap on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Default SMS app.
- Tap Messages.
Which is the best chat app for Android?
The best text messaging apps for Android and iOS
- Telegram. Boasting millions of active users, Telegram bills itself as the fastest messaging app around.
What is difference between SMS and MMS?
SMS stands for Short Message Service and is the most widely used type of text messaging. With a SMS, you can send a message of up to 160 characters to another device. MMS stands for Multimedia Messaging Service. With a MMS, you can send a message including pictures, video or audio content to another device.
How do I turn off messaging app on Android?
Change global settings
- Open the Messages app .
- Tap More Settings. Change your default messaging app: Tap Default SMS app. Stop getting message notifications outside Messages: Tap Notifications Turn off Notifications. Change what happens on your phone when you get a message: Tap Notifications Importance.
How do you Unsend a message on android?
How to Unsend a Text Message on Android
- Step 1) Install the TigerText app for free from here.
- Step 2) Type out your text message using the app.
- Step 3) Send the message, then tap and hold it.
- Step 4) Tap Recall to delete the text message from the recipient’s device.
- Step 5) To make sure the Recall function worked, look for a green icon next to your message.
How do I delete pictures from text messages on Android?
How to delete an SMS thread in Hangouts
- Open the Hangouts app.
- Tap and hold on the thread itself, and not on the contact picture.
- You are now in selection mode, so you can keep selecting the threads that you want to delete.
- Select the trash icon on the upper right hand corner.
- Tap Delete to confirm deletion.
How can I tell if someone has read my text on Android?
If it’s green, it’s an ordinary text message and doesn’t offer the read/delivered receipts. iMessage only works when you’re sending messages to other iPhone users. Even then, you’ll only see that they’ve read your message if they’ve turned on the ‘Send Read Receipts’ option in Settings > Messages.
Why are my texts different colors Android?
Green Background. A green background means that the message you sent or received was delivered by SMS through your cellular provider. Sometimes you can also send or receive green text messages to an iOS device. This happens when iMessage is turned off on one of the devices.
How do I know if someone blocked my texts on Android?
If you open the text app tap on the 3 dots and choose settings from the drop down menu then tap more settings then in the next screen tap text messages then turn on delivery report and text the person you feel may have blocked you if you are blocked you will not get a report and after 5 or so days you will get a report
What is the best messaging app for Android?
Best Text Messaging Apps for Android
- Android Messages (Top Choice) The good news for a lot of people is the best text messaging app is probably already on your phone.
- Chomp SMS. Chomp SMS is an old classic and it’s still one of the best messaging apps.
- Facebook Messenger.
- Handcent Next SMS.
- Mood Messenger.
- Pulse SMS.
How do I set default text messages on Android?
How to change your default SMS app on Samsung’s version of Android
- First, you’ll need to download another app.
- Swipe down on the notification shade.
- Tap the Settings menu (cog icon).
- Tap on Apps.
- Find the three-dot menu button in the top right of the screen and tap on it.
- Tap Default apps.
- Tap Messaging apps.
How do you change message on android?
Change your greeting
- On your Android device, open the Voice app .
- At the top left, tap Menu Settings.
- In the Voicemail section, tap Voicemail greeting.
- Next to the greeting you want to use, tap More Set as active.
Can you FaceTime with an android?
With FaceTime’s popularity, Android users may wonder if they can get FaceTime for Android to host their own video and audio chats. Sorry, Android fans, but the answer is no: You cannot use FaceTime on Android. The same thing goes for FaceTime on Windows. But there is good news: FaceTime is just one video-calling app.
Which is the most secure chat app?
WhatsApp. WhatsApp is one of the most popular and secure messaging apps for Android and iOS which is trusted by over 1 billion users. In 2014, the app partnered with Open Whisper Systems, to integrate the same end-to-end encrypted chat protocol as Signal.
Which is the best app for chatting?
22 of the best mobile messaging apps (both chatting and video-chatting apps)
- Kakao Talk.
Is MMS better than SMS?
MMS is a standard way to send multimedia content including images and videos. MMS allows users to exchange text messages greater than 160 characters in length. Most MMS messages can contain up to 500 KB of data or enough for a 30-second audio or video file.
What does SMS mean sexually?
interaction, especially sexual activity, in which one person enjoys inflicting physical or mental suffering on another person, who derives pleasure from experiencing pain. gratification, especially sexual, gained through inflicting or receiving pain; sadism and masochism combined. Abbreviation : S-M, S and M.
What is MMS in android?
Android MMS Settings. MMS messaging is the easiest way to send or receive MMS. Multimedia messages that are commonly sent between mobile devices include video files and picture messages. Different phone models will use different file formats, so not all messages will be received on some mobile devices.
How do you delete messages on an Android phone?
Delete a Single Message
- Tap the Message+ icon . If not available, navigate: Apps > Message+.
- Select a conversation.
- Touch and hold a message.
- Tap Delete Messages.
- Select additional messages if desired. Message is selected if a check mark is present.
- Tap Delete (upper-right).
- Tap Delete to confirm.
Does Android delete old text messages?
Launch the ‘Text Messages’ app on your Android device. Tap on the ‘Menu’ option at top right corner of the screen. A drop down list will appear, choose “Delete old messages” option. It will prompt you ‘Delete old messages when…” followed with two options, ‘Text Message Limit’ and ‘Multimedia Message Limit’.
Can you delete pictures from text messages?
To delete a photo or video from the Messages app for iOS, open a text conversation, find the offending photo or video and tap-and-hold on it. The photo or video will be permanently deleted, but the rest of the conversation will remain. You can delete multiple photo and videos using this method.
How can I read MMS on Android?
On the messaging app, (without opening any thread), tap on the menu key and go to Settings.
- Scroll down to Multimedia message (MMS) Settings section and turn off “Auto-retrieve”
- Next time you view the message, the message will display a download button.
- Make sure your mobile data is on, and tap on the button.
Can Android phones text over WiFi?
You can use Allo over wifi or cellular, but only to another Allo user. You cannot send SMS to Allo, or Allo to SMS. If you are referring to android messages by google, it’s a stock SMS on android phones and is only wifi capable if the phone is wifi calling capable.
How do I get text messages on my Android?
To enable SMS and MMS delivery report feature(s) of your Android smartphone, follow the below procedure:
- Open the Messaging app.
- Tap on the Menu key > Settings.
- Scroll to the Text message (SMS) settings section and check “Delivery reports”
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”