Automate connected devices in your home and set them to turn on or off when doors are opened, as people come and go, and much more.
Manage connected devices in your home with SmartThings Routines for Good Morning, Goodbye, Good Night, and more.
Requires an Android device (6.0 or later) or iPhone (iOS 10.0 or later).
- 1 Do I need SmartThings on Android?
- 2 What is SmartThings Samsung?
- 3 What does the SmartThings app do?
- 4 What is SmartThings on my Samsung phone?
- 5 What can Samsung SmartThings Hub do?
- 6 Can Samsung SmartThings control TV?
- 7 Is SmartThings necessary?
- 8 Is Samsung SmartThings Z Wave?
- 9 How do I use Samsung SmartThings app?
- 10 Is SmartThings app safe?
- 11 How do I get rid of SmartThings app?
- 12 Do I need SmartThings hub with Alexa?
- 13 Does SmartThings only work with Samsung?
- 14 What is SmartThings on Galaxy s9?
- 15 Is my Samsung TV compatible with SmartThings?
- 16 What light bulbs work with Samsung SmartThings?
- 17 How does Alexa work with SmartThings?
- 18 Can I uninstall Samsung SmartThings?
- 19 How do I set up Samsung SmartThings?
- 20 How do I stop SmartThings running in the background?
- 21 How do I connect Alexa to SmartThings?
- 22 What is SmartThings app android?
- 23 What is SmartThings on my Android?
- 24 How do I install SmartThings app?
- 25 How do I create a SmartThings app?
- 26 Where is SmartThings hub code?
- 27 Can SmartThings control WiFi devices?
Do I need SmartThings on Android?
You will need a SmartThings Hub or a compatible device with SmartThings Hub functionality. You will also need some connected devices and the free SmartThings App for Android or iPhone.
What is SmartThings Samsung?
Samsung SmartThings will turn your home into a Smart Home. It allows you to wirelessly connect with a whole range of smart devices and lets everything work together. The SmartThings app works on both Android and Apple operating systems, and devices you can control are being added all the time.
What does the SmartThings app do?
Main features of the SmartThings Classic app. The SmartThings Classic mobile app enables you to control your devices from anywhere, monitor and receive notifications about what’s happening at home, and automate lights, locks, thermostats, and more. For an overview, read below.
What is SmartThings on my Samsung phone?
SmartThings connects Samsung smart devices with each other so they can work together to make your home even smarter. Connect multiple Samsung speakers and you won’t miss a beat when you move from room to room. Start a movie on your smartphone during your commute and easily switch to your Samsung TV when you get home.
What can Samsung SmartThings Hub do?
SmartThings works with a wide range of connected devices. SmartThings works with 100s of compatible devices, including lights, cameras, voice assistants, locks, thermostats, and more.
Can Samsung SmartThings control TV?
With a Smartphone or compatible TV voice remote, you can use Bixby to control your SmartThings or “Works With SmartThings” devices. You may be able to also use Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa to control your Samsung Smart TV and many SmartThings devices.
Is SmartThings necessary?
The Samsung SmartThings Hub is the most important piece of the Samsung SmartThings puzzle and is the one thing that is used to run the whole home automation system. It connects wirelessly to all your smart-home devices and lets you monitor and control them using a single app.
Is Samsung SmartThings Z Wave?
Z-Wave Plus is the latest technology certification standard, designed to offer improved compatibility, range, battery life, and pairing. All Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus Certified devices are fully interoperable and compatible. The Samsung SmartThings Hub (Hub v2) is Z-Wave Plus Certified by the Z-Wave Alliance.
How do I use Samsung SmartThings app?
Samsung TV as a Thing, like other smart devices, can be connected to your Hub and included in SmartThings Routines and SmartThings Automations. You can also adjust select TV controls from the mobile app.
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home.
- Under Things, select the TV.
- To edit the device, tap the gear icon.
Is SmartThings app safe?
Critically, anyone relying on SmartThings devices for home security is vulnerable. Samsung SmartThings home monitoring kit is supposed to protect homes. But research indicates its vulnerable to attacks.
How do I get rid of SmartThings app?
The SmartThings Panel is enabled by default, and it can be edited or disabled in the SmartThings app at any time.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap the icon to the right of SmartThings.
- On this screen, you can: Toggle the switch at the top to OFF or ON to disable or enable the SmartThings Panel.
Do I need SmartThings hub with Alexa?
To connect with SmartThings, you need an Amazon Alexa device–like the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, or Amazon Tap–or an Alexa Voice Service device–like the Amazon Fire tablet or Nucleus Anywhere Intercom. Many smart devices that work with SmartThings and can be controlled with Amazon Alexa also require a SmartThings Hub.
Does SmartThings only work with Samsung?
SmartThings. Samsung connect is now SmartThings. Update to start managing your Samsung and 3rd party devices compatible with SmartThings with one easy-to-use app – Smart Home monitor User can use security service easily by setting up his cameras and sensors thru Smart Home Monitoring.
What is SmartThings on Galaxy s9?
Samsung is using its new S9 and S9+ smartphones to up its smart home game with an all-new SmartThings app. For now, the new SmartThings app is focused on controlling all of your home gadgets and appliances from one place – and by tapping the screen instead of speaking out loud.
Is my Samsung TV compatible with SmartThings?
Is my Samsung TV Compatible with SmartThings? Using the SmartThings app with your Samsung TV opens up a world of possibilities. To check if your TV is compatible with SmartThings, check the Supported Devices section of the SmartThings app: From the Home Screen, touch the menu.
What light bulbs work with Samsung SmartThings?
For more Samsung SmartThings compatible lighting options, check out the Philips Hue Bloom dimmable LED smart table lamp. You’ll also find Sylvania SMART+ strip lights and Philips Hue strip lights which function flawlessly with SmartThings.
How does Alexa work with SmartThings?
How to connect Amazon Alexa with SmartThings. SmartThings works with Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Amazon Tap. Alexa can be used to control light bulbs, on/off switches, dimmer switches, thermostats, locks, and Routines configured with SmartThings. Alexa can also check the status of motion and contact sensors.
Can I uninstall Samsung SmartThings?
Uninstalling a preloaded app is no different from if you had installed the app yourself. To uninstall an app on the Galaxy S8 and the new Samsung Experience launcher, long-press on the app icon and until a popup is displayed. Next, tap Uninstall. You’re done.
How do I set up Samsung SmartThings?
Set up a SmartThings Hub
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Add device.
- Touch SmartThings, touch Wi-Fi/Hub, and then SmartThings Hub IM6001-V3.
- Select how you’d like to connect your Hub by touching Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Follow the in-app instructions to connect your Hub, which are reproduced here:
How do I stop SmartThings running in the background?
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap the icon to the right of SmartThings.
- On this screen, you can: Toggle the switch at the top to OFF or ON to disable or enable the SmartThings Panel. Toggle the device switches to the OFF or ON state to hide or display the devices in the SmartThings Panel.
How do I connect Alexa to SmartThings?
In the Amazon Alexa app:
- Tap the menu (three horizontal lines in the top left)
- Tap Smart Home.
- Scroll to Your Smart Home Skills.
- Tap Enable Smart Home Skills.
- Enter “SmartThings” in the search field.
- Tap Enable for SmartThings / Samsung Connect.
- Enter your SmartThings email and password.
- Tap Log in.
What is SmartThings app android?
SmartThings lets you monitor, control, and automate your home from anywhere in the world. To get started, simply purchase the SmartThings Hub, download the new “SmartThings” free app, and add as many connected lights, locks, sensors, and devices to create a smart home that matches your unique personality.
What is SmartThings on my Android?
Automate connected devices in your home and set them to turn on or off when doors are opened, as people come and go, and much more. Manage connected devices in your home with SmartThings Routines for Good Morning, Goodbye, Good Night, and more. Requires an Android device (6.0 or later) or iPhone (iOS 10.0 or later).
How do I install SmartThings app?
- Log in to SmartThings.com.
- Click on My Smart Apps.
- Click on “+ New SmartApp” green button on right side.
- Click on “From Code”.
- Now, go to www.github.com.
- Click Sign in.
- Search for Smart Alarm.
- Click on “app name.groovy”
How do I create a SmartThings app?
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Add automation.
- Touch Custom automation.
- Touch the Plus (+) icon below If.
- Touch Based on a device status.
- Select your hallway motion sensor device.
- Touch Motion sensor for the device capability.
- Touch Motion detected for the device state.
- Touch Next.
Where is SmartThings hub code?
The Welcome Code is packaged with Hub v2, located on a card under the Hub’s tray in the box.
Can SmartThings control WiFi devices?
Devices are the building blocks of the SmartThings infrastructure. It’s more accurate to say that SmartThings supports LAN Devices (as well as Z-Wave, ZigBee, and Cloud Devices). Most people only have one IP LAN in their homes, which means their WiFi Devices are on the same LAN as the SmartThings Hub.
Photo in the article by “维基百科”