Go to your phone Settings and search for Backup & Reset or Reset for some Android devices.
From here, choose Factory data to reset then scroll down and tap Reset device.
Enter your password when you’re prompted and hit Erase everything.
Upon removing all your files, reboot the phone and restore your data (optional).
Can I reset my phone without losing everything?
There are few ways you can reset your Android phone without losing anything. Backup most your stuff on your SD card, and synchronize your phone with a Gmail account so you won’t lose any contacts. If you don’t want to do that, there’s an app called My Backup Pro that can do the same job.
Does a factory reset delete everything?
A factory reset won’t do it. The factory reset function of Android smartphones is supposed to delete all apps, files, and settings from the device and restore it to an out-of-the-box state. The process, however, is flawed and leaves a door to recover data. This reset of the system overrides all old data.
What does a factory reset do on Android?
A factory reset is a built-in feature from most providers that uses software to automatically erase the information stored on the internal memory of the device. It’s called a “factory reset” because the process returns the device to the form it was originally when it left the factory.
How do I backup my Android phone and restore to a new phone?
How to enable the Android backup service
- Open Settings from the home screen or app drawer.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Tap System.
- Select Backup.
- Ensure the Back up to Google Drive toggle is selected.
- You’ll be able to see the data that is being backed up.
How can I recover my data after factory reset?
Tutorial on Android Data Recovery After Factory Reset: Download and install Gihosoft Android Data Recovery freeware to your computer first. Next, run the program and select the data you want to recover and click “Next”. Then enable USB debugging on Android phone and connect it to the computer via a USB cable.
Does factory reset remove phone number?
When a phone is reset, it erases all user settings, files, apps, content, contacts, emails, and so on. The phone number and service provider are stored on the SIM and this is not erased. There is no need to take it out. On an Android phone, go to Settings > General Management > Reset.
How do I delete everything off my old phone?
Go to Settings > Backup & reset. Tap Factory data reset. On the next screen, tick the box marked Erase phone data. You can also choose to remove data from the memory card on some phones – so be careful what button you tap on.
Does factory reset make phone faster?
Last and but not least, the ultimate option to make your Android phone faster is to perform a factory reset. You can consider it if your device has slowed down to the level that can’t do basic things. First is to visit Settings and use the factory reset option present there.
How do I completely reset my android?
- Open your device’s. Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Backup & reset. It’s in either the Personal or Privacy section of the menu, depending on your device and its Android version.
- Tap Factory data reset. It’s at the bottom of the menu.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Enter your screen lock passcode.
- Tap Erase everything to confirm.
Is factory reset enough Android?
The standard answer is a factory reset, which wipes the memory and restores the phone’s setting, but there’s a growing body of evidence that, for Android phones at least, the factory reset isn’t enough.
Can data be recovered after a factory reset?
There is still a way to recover data after factory reset. A third-party data recovery tool will do help: Jihosoft Android Data Recovery. By using it, you can recover photos, contacts, messages, call history, videos, documents, WhatsApp, Viber and more data after factory reset on Android.
What does factory reset do Samsung?
A factory reset, also known as a hard reset or master reset, is an effective, last resort method of troubleshooting for mobile phones. It will restore your phone to its original factory settings, erasing all your data in the process. Because of this, it’s important to back up information before you do a factory reset.
How do I transfer everything from my old Android to my new Android?
Transfer your data between Android devices
- Tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings > Accounts > Add account.
- Tap Google.
- Enter your Google log in and tap NEXT.
- Enter your Google password and tap NEXT.
- Tap ACCEPT.
- Tap the new Google Account.
- Select the options to backup: App Data. Calendar. Contacts. Drive. Gmail. Google Fit Data.
How do I restore my Android phone from a backup?
Restoring data varies by device and Android version. You can’t restore a backup from a higher Android version onto a device running a lower Android version.
Switch between backup accounts
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap System Advanced Backup.
- Tap Account.
- Tap the account that you want to use for backups.
How do I transfer from Android to Android?
- Run the Android to Android transfer Tool. The first thing is to install and run dr.fone on your computer.
- Get Both Android Devices Connected. Connect your two Android devices to the computer via USB cables.
- Transfer Contacts, Photos, Videos, Music, SMS, Call Logs, Calendar and Apps from Android to Android.
How can I recover my data from Android phone after factory reset?
2. How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android Effortlessly
- Connect Android device to computer with USB cable.
- Turn on USB debugging on Android phone and tablet.
- Select file type to recover from a factory reseted Android.
- Check and Recover lost files from factory reset Android.
- Google Account.
- Google Drive APP.
How can I recover my WhatsApp data after factory reset?
You can follow below instructions to restore WhatsApp messages or chats from a backup:
- Uninstall WhatsApp.
- Open the WhatsApp database or backup folder.
- Rename that file from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt7” to “msgstore.db.crypt7”.
- Install WhatsApp.
- When asked to restore, tap Restore.
How can I get my pictures back after factory reset android?
Steps to rescue photos from Android after factory reset
- Connect Your Android Phone. First download Android Recovery software and then select “Recover”
- Select the file types to scan.
- Now preview and recover deleted data.
Does factory reset remove network lock?
Factory Reset. Performing a factory reset on a phone returns it to its out-of-box state. If a third party reset the phone, the codes that changed the phone from locked to unlocked are removed. If you purchased the phone as unlocked before you went through setup, then the unlock should remain even if you reset the phone
Should I factory reset my phone before selling?
Here are four essential steps you must take before you seal the envelope and send your device to a trade-in service or to your carrier.
- Back up your phone.
- Encrypt your data.
- Perform a factory reset.
- Remove any SIM or SD cards.
- Clean the phone.
Does factory reset remove Android updates?
Your phone does not keep an original OS image. Thus, once you update your OS (either by OTA updates or by installing a custom Rom), you will not be able to revert to the older Android version. Doing a factory reset should just reset the phone to a clean slate of the current Android version.
How do you factory reset a locked Android phone?
Press and hold the following keys at the same time: Volume Down Key + Power/Lock Key on the back of the phone. Release the Power/Lock Key only when the LG logo is displayed, then immediately press and hold the Power/Lock Key again. Release all keys when the Factory hard reset screen is displayed.
How do I wipe my locked Android phone?
Press and hold the power button, then press and release the volume up button. Now you should see “Android Recovery” written on the top together with some options. By pressing the volume down button, go down the options until “Wipe data/factory reset” is selected. Press the power button to select this option.
How do I wipe my lost Android phone?
Remotely find, lock, or erase
- Go to android.com/find and sign in to your Google Account. If you have more than one device, click the lost device at the top of the screen.
- The lost device gets a notification.
- On the map, see about where the device is.
- Pick what you want to do.
How do I restore my Android phone from Google backup?
When you reinstall an app, you can restore app settings that you’d previously backed up with your Google Account.
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap System Advanced Backup App data. If these steps don’t match your device’s settings, try searching your settings app for backup .
- Turn on Automatic restore.
How do I transfer data between two Android phones?
Method 1: Transfer Data between Android and Android – Bluetooth
- Step 1 Establish Connections between Both Android Phones.
- Step 2 Paired and Ready to Exchange Data.
- Step 1 Install the Program and Connect Both Android Phones to Computer.
- Step 2 Detect Your Phone and Select the Data Types You Want to Transfer.
How do I restore my Android phone?
Anyone who follows these steps can restore the Android phone.
- Go to Settings. The first step tells you to go to Settings on your phone and tap on it.
- Scroll down to Backup & Reset.
- Tap on Factory Data Reset.
- Click on Reset Device.
- Tap on Erase Everything.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”