Slide your finger up your Android phone’s screen to scroll all the way to the bottom of the Settings menu.
Tap “About Phone” at the bottom of the menu.
Tap the “Software Information” option on the About Phone menu.
The first entry on the page that loads will be your current Android software version.
- 1 Which version of Android do I have?
- 2 How do I know what version of Android I have on my Galaxy s8?
- 3 What operating system does Samsung run on?
- 4 How do you check the firmware version on Android device?
- 5 What’s the latest version of Android?
- 6 How do I check my Android version Galaxy s9?
- 7 How do I find Bluetooth version on Android?
- 8 What is the latest software update for Samsung Galaxy s8?
- 9 What is the latest Android version for Samsung?
- 10 Is Android owned by Samsung?
- 11 How do I find the Android version on my TV?
- 12 Is Android the same thing as Samsung?
- 13 How do I find my Android OS version?
- 14 What is Android 7.0 called?
- 15 Can I update my Android version?
- 16 What is the latest version of Android 2018?
- 17 Which phones will get Android P?
- 18 What is the latest version of Android 2019?
- 19 What is the Android version of Samsung s9?
- 20 What is the next Android version?
- 21 Which is the best Android version?
- 22 How do I manually update my Samsung Galaxy s8?
- 23 How do I update my Samsung Galaxy s8?
- 24 How do I update my Samsung Galaxy s8 plus?
- 25 What is Android 9 called?
- 26 Which is latest version of Android?
- 27 What will Android P be called?
- 28 Is Android 7.0 nougat good?
- 29 Is Android 7 any good?
- 30 Is Android 7 still supported?
- 31 How can I update my Android without a computer?
- 32 How do I update the Android version on my tablet?
- 33 Are Android updates necessary?
Which version of Android do I have?
Then select the Settings option. Scroll down and select About Phone. Scroll down to Android Version. The small number under the heading is the version number of the Android operating system on your device.
How do I know what version of Android I have on my Galaxy s8?
Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ – View Software Version
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps. These instructions apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
- Navigate: Settings > About phone .
- Tap Software information then view the Build number. To verify the device has the latest software version, refer to Install System Updates.
What operating system does Samsung run on?
How do you check the firmware version on Android device?
To find out what number of firmware your device has on it currently, just go to your Settings menu. For Sony and Samsung devices, go to Settings > About Device > Build Number. For HTC devices, you should go to Settings > About Device > Software Information > Software Version.
What’s the latest version of Android?
A Brief Android Version History
- Android 5.0-5.1.1, Lollipop: November 12, 2014 (initial release)
- Android 6.0-6.0.1, Marshmallow: October 5, 2015 (initial release)
- Android 7.0-7.1.2, Nougat: August 22, 2016 (initial release)
- Android 8.0-8.1, Oreo: August 21, 2017 (initial release)
- Android 9.0, Pie: August 6, 2018.
How do I check my Android version Galaxy s9?
Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ – View Software Version
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Navigate: Settings > About phone.
- Tap Software information then view the Build number. To verify the device has the latest software version, refer to Install Device Software Updates. Samsung.
How do I find Bluetooth version on Android?
Here are the steps to check Bluetooth Version of Android Phone:
- Step 1: Turn ON the Bluetooth of Device.
- Step 2: Now Tap on Phone Settings.
- Step 3: Tap on App and Select the “ALL” Tab.
- Step 4: Scroll Down and Tap on Bluetooth Icon named Bluetooth Share.
- Step 5: Done! Under App Info, you will see the version.
What is the latest software update for Samsung Galaxy s8?
Swipe down from the Notification bar and tap Settings. Scroll to and tap Software Updates, then Check for updates. Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update. The device automatically restarts once the new software successfully installs.
What is the latest Android version for Samsung?
- How do I know what the version number is called?
- Pie: Versions 9.0 –
- Oreo: Versions 8.0-
- Nougat: Versions 7.0-
- Marshmallow: Versions 6.0 –
- Lollipop: Versions 5.0 –
- Kit Kat: Versions 4.4-4.4.4; 4.4W-4.4W.2.
- Jelly Bean: Versions 4.1-4.3.1.
Is Android owned by Samsung?
At 2005, Google finished their acquisition of Android, Inc. Hence, Google becomes the author of Android. This leads to the fact that Android is not just owned by Google, but also all members of the Open Handset Alliance (including Samsung, Lenovo, Sony and other companies who makes Android devices).
How do I find the Android version on my TV?
You can check the version by following the steps below:
- Press the HOME button on the remote.
- Select Settings.
- Select About in the TV category.
- Select Version.
Is Android the same thing as Samsung?
Nowadays Android and iOS are the only major operating systems for smartphones. Companies like Samsung, Sony, LG, Huawei and most other companies use Android in their smartphones. A smartphone which has Android in it is an Android phone. iPhone uses iOS.
How do I find my Android OS version?
How do I know which Android OS version my mobile device runs?
- Open your phone’s menu. Tap System Settings.
- Scroll down towards the bottom.
- Select About Phone from the menu.
- Select Software Info from the menu.
- The OS version of your device is shown under Android Version.
What is Android 7.0 called?
Android 7.0 “Nougat” (codenamed Android N during development) is the seventh major version and 14th original version of the Android operating system.
Can I update my Android version?
From here, you can open it and tap the update action to upgrade the Android system to the latest version. Connect your Android phone to the Wi-Fi Network. Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version.
What is the latest version of Android 2018?
|Code name||Version number||Initial release date|
|Oreo||8.0 – 8.1||August 21, 2017|
|Pie||9.0||August 6, 2018|
|Legend: Old version Older version, still supported Latest version Latest preview version|
14 more rows
Which phones will get Android P?
Asus phones that will receive Android 9.0 Pie:
- Asus ROG Phone (will receive “soon”)
- Asus Zenfone 4 Max.
- Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie.
- Asus Zenfone Selfie Live.
- Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1)
- Asus Zenfone 5 Lite.
- Asus Zenfone Live.
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M2) (scheduled to receive by April 15)
What is the latest version of Android 2019?
January 7, 2019 — Motorola has announced that Android 9.0 Pie is now available for the Moto X4 devices in India. January 23, 2019 — Motorola is shipping out Android Pie to the Moto Z3. The update brings all the tasty Pie feature to the device including Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery, and gesture navigation.
What is the Android version of Samsung s9?
The Galaxy S9 series was released in February 2018 and became the first Samsung flagships to run Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. The Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus were also the first Samsung devices to get the beta version of the One UI overlay, which is based on Android 9 Pie.
What is the next Android version?
It’s official, the next big version of Android OS is Android Pie. Google gave a preview of the upcoming version of the world’s most-popular mobile OS, then dubbed Android P, earlier this year. The new OS version is on its way now and is available on Pixel phones.
Which is the best Android version?
Nougat is losing its hold (latest)
|Android Name||Android Version||Usage Share|
|Jelly Bean||4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x||3.2%↓|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.3, 4.0.4||0.3%|
|Gingerbread||2.3.3 to 2.3.7||0.3%|
4 more rows
How do I manually update my Samsung Galaxy s8?
Update software versions
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Software update.
- Tap Download updates manually.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Start.
- A restart message will appear, tap OK.
How do I update my Samsung Galaxy s8?
- Make sure your device is fully charged and connected to Wi-Fi.
- Swipe down from the Notification bar and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Software Updates, then Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
How do I update my Samsung Galaxy s8 plus?
How to update your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 plus to the Latest Android version
- Pull down the notification area on your phone and click the Gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down and click “Software update”. It is the fourth option from the bottom.
- Click the one on the top. “ Download updates manually”
What is Android 9 called?
Android P is officially Android 9 Pie. On August 6, 2018, Google revealed that its next version of Android is Android 9 Pie. Along with the name change, the number this year is also slightly different. Rather than following the trend of 7.0, 8.0, etc., Pie is referred to as 9.
Which is latest version of Android?
The latest version of Android is Android 8.0 named “OREO”. Google has announced the latest version of Android on 21st August, 2017. However, this Android version is not widely available to all the Android users and is currently available only to Pixel and Nexus users (Google’s smartphone line-ups).
What will Android P be called?
Within just a few hours of the launch of Android P, people have started talking about possible names for the Android Q on social media. Some say it can be called the Android Quesadilla, while others want Google to call it Quinoa. The same is expected of the next Android version.
Is Android 7.0 nougat good?
By now, many of the most recent premium phones have received an update to Nougat, but updates are still rolling out for many other devices. It all depends on your manufacturer and carrier. The new OS is loaded with new features and refinements, each one improving upon the overall Android experience.
Is Android 7 any good?
Google has announced that the latest version of Android, 7.0 Nougat, is rolling out to newer Nexus devices starting today. The rest are tweaks around the edges — but there are bigger changes underneath that should make Android faster and more secure, too. But the story of Nougat isn’t really whether it’s any good.
Is Android 7 still supported?
Google’s own Nexus 6 phone, released in the fall of 2014, can be upgraded to the latest version of Nougat (7.1.1) and will receive over-the-air security patches until the fall of 2017. But it won’t be compatible with the upcoming Nougat 7.1.2.
How can I update my Android without a computer?
Method 2 Using a Computer
- Download your Android manufacturer’s desktop software.
- Install the desktop software.
- Find and download an available update file.
- Connect your Android to your computer.
- Open the manufacturer’s desktop software.
- Find and click the Update option.
- Select your update file when prompted.
How do I update the Android version on my tablet?
Method 1 Updating Your Tablet Over Wi-Fi
- Connect your tablet to Wi-Fi. Do so by swiping down from the top of your screen and tapping the Wi-Fi button.
- Go to your tablet’s Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down and tap About Device.
- Tap Update.
- Tap Check for Updates.
- Tap Update.
- Tap Install.
Are Android updates necessary?
System Updates are actually very necessary for your device. They mostly provide Bug fixes & Security Update Patches, improves system stability and also some times UI improvements. Security Updates are very important because older security can make you more vulnerable to attacks.
Photo in the article by “Help smartphone”