How do I know which Android operating system I have?
To find out which Android OS is on your device:
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Tap About Phone or About Device.
- Tap Android Version to display your version information.
Which is the latest version of Android?
Nougat is losing its hold (latest)
|Android Name||Android Version||Usage Share|
|Jelly Bean||4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x||3.2%↓|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.3, 4.0.4||0.3%|
|Gingerbread||2.3.3 to 2.3.7||0.3%|
4 more rows
How do I find out what version of Android I have on my Samsung?
How do I know what version of Android I have?
- From the home screen, press the Settings Button.
- Then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down and select About Phone.
- Scroll down to Android Version.
- The small number under the heading is the version number of the Android operating system on your device.
Can you upgrade Android version?
From here, you can open it and tap the update action to upgrade the Android system to the latest version. Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version.
How do I check my Android version Galaxy s9?
Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ – View Software Version
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Navigate: Settings > About phone.
- Tap Software information then view the Build number. To verify the device has the latest software version, refer to Install Device Software Updates. Samsung.
What is Android 7.0 called?
Android 7.0 “Nougat” (codenamed Android N during development) is the seventh major version and 14th original version of the Android operating system.
What is the latest version of Android 2018?
|Code name||Version number||Initial release date|
|Oreo||8.0 – 8.1||August 21, 2017|
|Pie||9.0||August 6, 2018|
|Legend: Old version Older version, still supported Latest version Latest preview version|
14 more rows
Which is the best version of Android?
Here are the most popular Android versions in October
- Nougat 7.0, 7.1 28.2%↓
- Marshmallow 6.0 21.3%↓
- Lollipop 5.0, 5.1 17.9%↓
- Oreo 8.0, 8.1 21.5%↑
- KitKat 4.4 7.6%↓
- Jelly Bean 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x 3%↓
- Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, 4.0.4 0.3%
- Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.7 0.2%↓
What is the latest version of Android 2019?
January 7, 2019 — Motorola has announced that Android 9.0 Pie is now available for the Moto X4 devices in India. January 23, 2019 — Motorola is shipping out Android Pie to the Moto Z3. The update brings all the tasty Pie feature to the device including Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery, and gesture navigation.
How do I find Bluetooth version on Android?
Here are the steps to check Bluetooth Version of Android Phone:
- Step 1: Turn ON the Bluetooth of Device.
- Step 2: Now Tap on Phone Settings.
- Step 3: Tap on App and Select the “ALL” Tab.
- Step 4: Scroll Down and Tap on Bluetooth Icon named Bluetooth Share.
- Step 5: Done! Under App Info, you will see the version.
What version of Android is my phone?
Slide your finger up your Android phone’s screen to scroll all the way to the bottom of the Settings menu. Tap “About Phone” at the bottom of the menu. Tap the “Software Information” option on the About Phone menu. The first entry on the page that loads will be your current Android software version.
How do I know if my Samsung phone is new?
How to Check if Your Android Phone is Refurbished or Factory-New
- Tap your Phone app and open up the dialer.
- Using the touchscreen keypad, Dial ##786# (aka ##RTN#). No need to press dial, the phone should automatically open up to the RTN screen. From here Tap View.
- Scroll down the RTN screen to Reconditioned status. Here there are only two possible status entries:
How do I upgrade my version of Android?
Updating your Android.
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings.
- Select About Phone.
- Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
- Install. Depending on the OS, you’ll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.
What is the latest Android version for tablets?
A Brief Android Version History
- Android 5.0-5.1.1, Lollipop: November 12, 2014 (initial release)
- Android 6.0-6.0.1, Marshmallow: October 5, 2015 (initial release)
- Android 7.0-7.1.2, Nougat: August 22, 2016 (initial release)
- Android 8.0-8.1, Oreo: August 21, 2017 (initial release)
- Android 9.0, Pie: August 6, 2018.
What is the latest Android version for Samsung?
- How do I know what the version number is called?
- Pie: Versions 9.0 –
- Oreo: Versions 8.0-
- Nougat: Versions 7.0-
- Marshmallow: Versions 6.0 –
- Lollipop: Versions 5.0 –
- Kit Kat: Versions 4.4-4.4.4; 4.4W-4.4W.2.
- Jelly Bean: Versions 4.1-4.3.1.
What is the next Android version?
It’s official, the next big version of Android OS is Android Pie. Google gave a preview of the upcoming version of the world’s most-popular mobile OS, then dubbed Android P, earlier this year. The new OS version is on its way now and is available on Pixel phones.
What is Android 8 called?
The latest version of Android is officially here, and it’s called Android Oreo, as most people suspected. Google has traditionally used sweet treats for the names of its major Android releases, dating back to Android 1.5, aka “Cupcake.”
What is Android version 9 called?
Android P is officially Android 9 Pie. On August 6, 2018, Google revealed that its next version of Android is Android 9 Pie. Along with the name change, the number this year is also slightly different. Rather than following the trend of 7.0, 8.0, etc., Pie is referred to as 9.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”