They are stored in /data/app/ but unless your phone is rooted all you will see is an empty folder.
On my Android 4.0.4 (ICS) Xperia ray, they are stored in /mnt/asec/XXX-1/pkg.apk .
- 1 Where are the APK files stored on Android phone?
- 2 How do I find downloaded apps on Android?
- 3 Where are files saved on Android?
- 4 How do I open an APK file on my Android?
- 5 What is config APK Android?
- 6 Can you see when an app was downloaded Android?
- 7 How do I find hidden apps on Android?
- 8 How can I tell when an app was last downloaded?
- 9 Where are documents stored on Android?
- 10 How do I access files on Android?
- 11 Where are pictures stored on Android phone?
- 12 How do I install an APK file on my Galaxy s8?
- 13 Where do I put APK files on my computer Android?
- 14 Is APK safe?
- 15 What is duo app on Android?
- 16 Where is the privacy settings on Android?
- 17 What is mobile services on Android?
- 18 How can I find a hidden spy app on my phone?
- 19 How do I find hidden files on my Android?
- 20 How can you tell if someone is spying on your phone?
- 21 Can you see when an app was last downloaded?
- 22 Can I see when an app was deleted?
- 23 How can I see my app downloads?
- 24 How can I protect my privacy on Android?
- 25 What is the best privacy app for Android?
- 26 Where do I find privacy settings?
- 27 What is mobile services on my phone?
- 28 What is Google services on Android?
- 29 What does Google app do on Android?
Where are the APK files stored on Android phone?
Use a file manager to look in the following locations:
- /sdcard/.android_secure (shows .asec files, not .apks) On Samsung phones: /sdcard/external_sd/.android_secure.
How do I find downloaded apps on Android?
On your Android phone, open the Google Play store app and tap the menu button (three lines). In the menu, tap My apps & games to see a list of apps currently installed on your device. Tap All to see a list of all apps you’ve downloaded on any device using your Google account.
Where are files saved on Android?
Method 1 Using a File Manager
- Open the app drawer. This is the list of apps on your Android.
- Tap Downloads, My Files, or File Manager. The name of this app varies by device.
- Select a folder. If you only see one folder, tap its name.
- Tap Download. You may have to scroll down to find it.
How do I open an APK file on my Android?
How to install an APK from your Android device
- Just open your browser, find the APK file you want to download, and tap it – you should then be able to see it downloading on the top bar of your device.
- Once it’s downloaded, open Downloads, tap on the APK file, and tap Yes when prompted.
What is config APK Android?
Android Package (APK) is the package file format used by the Android operating system for distribution and installation of mobile apps and middleware. APK files are analogous to other software packages such as APPX in Microsoft Windows or a Debian package in Debian-based operating systems.
Can you see when an app was downloaded Android?
To find it, head to the Google Play website, click the section for “Apps” in the left-side menu, then choose “My apps.” You will see a grid of app page links, and it shows every app you have ever installed on any Android device you have logged into with your Google account.
Well, if you want to find hidden apps on your Android phone, click Settings, then go to the Applications section on your Android phone menu. Have a look on the two navigation buttons. Open the menu view and press Task. Check an option that says “show hidden apps”.
How can I tell when an app was last downloaded?
No, there is no way of finding out exactly when an app was purchased, but you can go to the App Store and select Updates, then go to Purchased and see if the app was purchased (paid or free) before/after other apps. The list is sorted by newest on the top. There are some dates you can see in iTunes.
Where are documents stored on Android?
How to find downloaded files on Android
- When you download e-mail attachments or Web files, they get placed in the “download” folder.
- Once the file manager opens, select “Phone files.”
- From the list of file folders, scroll down and select the “download” folder.
How do I access files on Android?
How to Use Android’s Built-in File Manager
- Browse the file system: Tap a folder to enter it and view its contents.
- Open files: Tap a file to open it in an associated app, if you have an app that can open files of that type on your Android device.
- Select one or more files: Long-press a file or folder to select it.
Where are pictures stored on Android phone?
Photos taken on Camera (standard Android app) are stored on either a memory card or phone memory depending on the settings. The location of photos is always the same – it’s DCIM/Camera folder.
How do I install an APK file on my Galaxy s8?
How To Install APK On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Open the app menu on your Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Tap to open “Device security.”
- In the device security menu, tap to toggle the “Unknown sources” option to the ON position.
- Next, open the “My Files” app from the app menu.
- Before you install the .apk, make sure you downloaded it from a trusted source!
Where do I put APK files on my computer Android?
Just connect your smartphone to computer via USB cable and select “Media device” when prompted. Then, open your phone’s folder on your PC and copy the APK file you want to install. Simply tap the APK file on your handset to facilitate installation. You can also install APK files from your phone’s browser.
Is APK safe?
The only way to protect yourself from any APK harmful files is by making sure you take these precautions. One of the best ways to make sure the APK file you want to install on your Android device is safe is via the VirusTotal website. This site lets you check the APK files for any issues it may have, including viruses.
What is duo app on Android?
Google Duo is a video chat mobile app developed by Google, available on the Android and iOS operating systems. The app automatically switches between Wi-Fi and cellular networks. A “Knock Knock” feature lets users see a live preview of the caller before answering.
Where is the privacy settings on Android?
Verizon Security & Privacy – Android™ – Privacy Settings
- Launch Verizon Support & Privacy.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu icon (located upper-right).
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- From the ‘Privacy settings’ section, tap Auto privacy scan to turn ON or OFF.
- From the ‘Data exposure’ section, tap Scheduled scan.
What is mobile services on Android?
Google’s most popular apps, all in one place. Google Mobile Services (GMS) is a collection of Google applications and APIs that help support functionality across devices. These apps work together seamlessly to ensure your device provides a great user experience right out of the box.
How To Find Hidden Spyware On Android Smartphones
- Step 1: Go to your Android smartphone settings.
- Step 2: Click on “Apps” or “Applications”.
- Step 3: Click the three vertical dots on the top right (may be different depending on your Android phone).
- Step 4: Click “show system apps” to view all of your smartphone’s applications.
Open the File Manager. Next, tap Menu > Settings. Scroll to the Advanced section, and toggle the Show hidden files option to ON: You should now be able to easily access any files that you’d previously set as hidden on your device.
How can you tell if someone is spying on your phone?
Do In-Depth Checks to See if Your Phone is Being Spied On
- Check your phone’s network usage. .
- Install an anti-spyware application on your device. .
- If you are technically minded or know somebody who is, here is a way to set a trap and discover if spy software is running on your phone. .
Can you see when an app was last downloaded?
No, there is no way of finding out exactly when an app was purchased, but you can go to the App Store and select Updates, then go to Purchased and see if the app was purchased (paid or free) before/after other apps. The list is sorted by newest on the top. Perhaps apps downloaded directly to the iPhone are not there?
Can I see when an app was deleted?
Yes, you can see history of all deleted apps. The history data is linked with your iCloud id. If you are using iPhone since 5 years by using single id, you will see all old apps which you have used in past. Go to AppStore App > Updates > Purchased > Not on This iPhone.
How can I see my app downloads?
The other way to access your app download history
- 1) Open up the App Store app.
- 2) Tap on any tab at the bottom.
- 3) Locate your Account photo at the top, and tap on it.
- 4) Tap on the Purchased tab.
- 5) You will see a list of all apps you have downloaded, from the most recent to the oldest one.
How can I protect my privacy on Android?
How to Protect Your Privacy on Android
- Minimize Google’s data collection.
- Lock down your device.
- Encrypt the device to protect the data stored on it.
- Keep the device’s software up-to-date.
- Be wary of third-party app stores.
- When installing an app, check its permissions first.
- Review permissions for installed apps.
What is the best privacy app for Android?
Here’s our list of the best Android apps to protect your privacy online:
- ExpressVPN. Apr 2019.
- Signal Private Messenger.
- Find My Device.
- Norton Security and Antivirus.
Where do I find privacy settings?
To use this tool: Click at the top right of Facebook and select Settings. In the left column, click Privacy. Look for the setting Limit the audience for posts you’ve shared with friends of friends or Public? and click Limit Past Posts to the far right.
What is mobile services on my phone?
A mobile service provider (MSP) is a company that offers transmission services to users of wireless devices (smartphones and tablet PCs) through radio frequency (RF) signals rather than through end-to-end wire communication.
What is Google services on Android?
Google Backup Transport: This service allows Android apps to back up their data onto Google’s servers. When you perform a factory reset on an Android device or set up a new one, your app’s data can be restored. Google Play Services: Google Play Services is a layer of services Android apps can use.
What does Google app do on Android?
Now, Google is literally in the palm of your hands! Finding information with your mobile device just got easier. The Google mobile app lets you search Google from your smartphone. The Google mobile app is currently available for the BlackBerry, Nokia, iPhone, Windows Mobile and Android, among others.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”