The exact location of the contacts database might depend on your manufacturer’s “customization”.
While “plain Vanilla Android” has them in /data/data/android.providers.contacts/databases , the stock ROM on my Motorola Milestone 2 e.g.
uses /data/data/com.motorola.blur.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db instead.
Are contacts stored on an Android SIM card?
There is no advantage in doing so. Modern smartphones are usually only able to import/export contacts stored on the SIM card. The contact App from Android 4.0 on provides a feature which lets you import your contacts form SIM card to either Google contacts (which I highly recommend) or simply local phone contacts.
How do I download contacts from Android?
Part 1 : How to Export Contacts Directly from Android to Computer
- Step 1: Launch Contacts app on your phone.
- Step 2: Click “More” button on the upper right corner and tap “Settings”.
- Step 3: Tap “Import/Export contacts” from the new screen.
- Step 4: Tap “Export” and select “Export Contacts to Device Storage”.
How do I restore my Android contacts?
Restore contacts from backups
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Google.
- Under “Services,” tap Restore contacts.
- If you have multiple Google Accounts, to choose which account’s contacts to restore, tap From account.
- Tap the device with the contacts to copy.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”