Which is the latest version of Android?
- How do I know what the version number is called?
- Pie: Versions 9.0 –
- Oreo: Versions 8.0-
- Nougat: Versions 7.0-
- Marshmallow: Versions 6.0 –
- Lollipop: Versions 5.0 –
- Kit Kat: Versions 4.4-4.4.4; 4.4W-4.4W.2.
- Jelly Bean: Versions 4.1-4.3.1.
How do I know which Android operating system I have?
How do I know which Android OS version my mobile device runs?
- Open your phone’s menu. Tap System Settings.
- Scroll down towards the bottom.
- Select About Phone from the menu.
- Select Software Info from the menu.
- The OS version of your device is shown under Android Version.
Which Android version is the best?
This is the Market Contribution of top Android Versions in the month of July 2018:
- Android Nougat (7.0, 7.1 versions) – 30.8%
- Android Marshmallow (6.0 version) – 23.5%
- Android Lollipop (5.0, 5.1 versions) – 20.4%
- Android Oreo (8.0, 8.1 versions) – 12.1%
- Android KitKat (4.4 version) – 9.1%
Can I update my Android version?
From here, you can open it and tap the update action to upgrade the Android system to the latest version. Connect your Android phone to the Wi-Fi Network. Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version.
Which is latest version of Android?
The latest version of Android is Android 8.0 named “OREO”. Google has announced the latest version of Android on 21st August, 2017. However, this Android version is not widely available to all the Android users and is currently available only to Pixel and Nexus users (Google’s smartphone line-ups).
What is the latest Android version 2018?
Nougat is losing its hold (latest)
|Android Name||Android Version||Usage Share|
|Jelly Bean||4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x||3.2%↓|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.3, 4.0.4||0.3%|
|Gingerbread||2.3.3 to 2.3.7||0.3%|
4 more rows
What is Android 7.0 called?
Android 7.0 “Nougat” (codenamed Android N during development) is the seventh major version and 14th original version of the Android operating system.
What is the most current Android operating system?
|Code name||Version number||Linux kernel version|
|Oreo||8.0 – 8.1||4.10|
|Pie||9.0||4.4.107, 4.9.84, and 4.14.42|
|Legend: Old version Older version, still supported Latest version Latest preview version|
14 more rows
How do I find Bluetooth version on Android?
Here are the steps to check Bluetooth Version of Android Phone:
- Step 1: Turn ON the Bluetooth of Device.
- Step 2: Now Tap on Phone Settings.
- Step 3: Tap on App and Select the “ALL” Tab.
- Step 4: Scroll Down and Tap on Bluetooth Icon named Bluetooth Share.
- Step 5: Done! Under App Info, you will see the version.
Is Android Oreo better than nougat?
But the latest statistics depict that Android Oreo runs on more than 17% of Android devices. The slow adoption rate of Android Nougat does not prevent Google from releasing Android 8.0 Oreo. Many hardware manufacturers are expected to roll out Android 8.0 Oreo over next few months.
What is the latest Android version for tablets?
A Brief Android Version History
- Android 5.0-5.1.1, Lollipop: November 12, 2014 (initial release)
- Android 6.0-6.0.1, Marshmallow: October 5, 2015 (initial release)
- Android 7.0-7.1.2, Nougat: August 22, 2016 (initial release)
- Android 8.0-8.1, Oreo: August 21, 2017 (initial release)
- Android 9.0, Pie: August 6, 2018.
Is Oreo better than nougat?
Is Oreo better than Nougat? At first glance, Android Oreo doesn’t seem to be too different from Nougat but if you dig deeper, you will find a number of new and improved features. Let’s put Oreo under the microscope. Android Oreo (the next update after last year’s Nougat) was launched in late August.
Is redmi Note 4 Android upgradable?
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is one of the highest shipped device of the year 2017 in India. The Note 4 runs on the MIUI 9 which is a OS based on Android 7.1 Nougat. But there is another way to upgrade to the latest Android 8.1 Oreo on your Redmi Note 4.
How can I update my Android without a computer?
Method 2 Using a Computer
- Download your Android manufacturer’s desktop software.
- Install the desktop software.
- Find and download an available update file.
- Connect your Android to your computer.
- Open the manufacturer’s desktop software.
- Find and click the Update option.
- Select your update file when prompted.
How do I update the Android version on my tablet?
Method 1 Updating Your Tablet Over Wi-Fi
- Connect your tablet to Wi-Fi. Do so by swiping down from the top of your screen and tapping the Wi-Fi button.
- Go to your tablet’s Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down and tap About Device.
- Tap Update.
- Tap Check for Updates.
- Tap Update.
- Tap Install.
What is Android 9 called?
Android P is officially Android 9 Pie. On August 6, 2018, Google revealed that its next version of Android is Android 9 Pie. Along with the name change, the number is also slightly different. Rather than following the trend of 7.0, 8.0, etc., Pie is referred to as 9.
What is the latest version of Android 2019?
January 7, 2019 — Motorola has announced that Android 9.0 Pie is now available for the Moto X4 devices in India. January 23, 2019 — Motorola is shipping out Android Pie to the Moto Z3. The update brings all the tasty Pie feature to the device including Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery, and gesture navigation.
Which is the latest processor for Android?
Following are the smartphones that are announced with Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor.
- LeEco Le Max 2.
- ZUK Z2 Pro.
- HTC 10.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 & Galaxy S7 Edge.
- LG G5.
- Xiaomi Mi5 & Mi 5 Pro.
- Sony Xperia X Performance.
- LeEco Le Max Pro.
Are older versions of Android safe?
Gauging an Android phone’s safe-use limits can be harder, as Android phones are not as standardized as iPhones. It’s less than certain, for example whether an old Samsung handset will run the latest version of the OS two years after the phone’s introduction.
Which Android phone is best?
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro is the best Android phone in the world.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Very nearly the best Android phone.
- Google Pixel 3 XL. The best phone camera gets even better.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- OnePlus 6T.
- Huawei P30 Pro.
- Xiaomi Mi 9.
- Nokia 9 PureView.
- Sony Xperia 10 Plus.
What is the best Android operating system for tablets?
Among the best Android devices are the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and the Huawei MediaPad M3. Those looking for a very consumer oriented model should consider the Barnes & Noble NOOK Tablet 7″.
Can I update my Android Bluetooth version?
Check what version of Bluetooth you have. Go to the Control Panel and click on “Hardware and Sound.” Under “Devices and Printers” click on “Device Manager.” If you already have the latest version, there is nothing to upgrade on your computer; you just need to buy devices that have the latest Bluetooth capabilities.
What is my Bluetooth version?
- Turn on bluetooth by going to the home screen, clicking menu->settings bluetooth. Pull that to enabled. Make sure it is on.
- On the home screen, click menu -> settings -> applications -> ‘ALL’ tab.
- Select: “Bluetooth”.
- A screen pops up with information about the program.
How do I update my bluetooth on my Android phone?
Clear Bluetooth Cache – Android
- Go to Settings.
- Select “Application Manager”
- Display system apps (you may need to either swipe left/right or choose from the menu in the top right corner)
- Select Bluetooth from the now larger list of Applications.
- Select Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache.
- Go back.
- Finally restart the phone.
Is Android 7.0 nougat good?
By now, many of the most recent premium phones have received an update to Nougat, but updates are still rolling out for many other devices. It all depends on your manufacturer and carrier. The new OS is loaded with new features and refinements, each one improving upon the overall Android experience.
What’s good about Android Oreo?
Better battery life and performance. It boosts your phone’s performance and battery life, too. Optimizations to Android’s core code speed up boot time. Google says that on the Pixel, Android Oreo starts up twice as fast as Android Nougat.
Which Android version is best for battery life?
Best battery life phone 2019
- 3 Huawei P30 Pro.
- 4 Moto E5 Plus.
- 5 Huawei Mate 20 X.
- 6 Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1.
- 7 Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra.
- 8 Moto G6.
- 9 Oppo RX17 Pro.
- 10 BlackBerry Motion.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”