Go to the main screen of your messaging app and tap the menu icon or menu key (on the bottom of the phone); then tap Settings.
If Group Messaging isn’t in this first menu it may be in the SMS or MMS menus.
In the example below, it’s found in the MMS menu.
- 1 How do I get group messages on my Android?
- 2 Why is my phone not getting group texts?
- 3 Can you group message with Android and iPhone?
- 4 Why are my group chat messages sending individually?
- 5 How do you get group messages on android?
- 6 Why do my group messages split up Android?
- 7 Why is my new phone not receiving text messages?
- 8 Why am I not receiving text messages on my iPhone from Android?
- 9 Why are my messages not delivering?
- 10 Can you add an Android to an iMessage group chat?
- 11 Why is my MMS not working on Android?
- 12 Can you name a group message if not everyone has an iPhone?
- 13 Why are some of my texts green and some blue?
- 14 How do I send a group text individually on Android?
- 15 How do I stop group texts?
- 16 What is the difference between SMS and MMS?
- 17 How do I fix delayed text messages on Android?
- 18 How do I get iPhone group messages on android?
- 19 How can I remove myself from a group text on Android?
- 20 How do you stop Group messages on android?
- 21 Can you name a group text on Android?
- 22 Can you tell if someone blocked your texts?
- 23 Why are my texts failing to send?
- 24 How long do undelivered texts last?
- 25 Why won’t my text messages send?
- 26 What is MMS Texting?
- 27 How do you make a group chat on Android?
How do I get group messages on my Android?
- Open Android Messages.
- Click the three stacked dots on the top right (menu)
- Select Settings > Advanced.
- The top item in the Advanced menu is the Group Message behavior. Tap and change it to “Send an MMS reply to all recipients (group MMS)”.
Why is my phone not getting group texts?
If you have an iPhone and another iOS device, like an iPad, your iMessage settings might be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number. To check if your phone number is set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive.
Can you group message with Android and iPhone?
Starting a group text with the “iMessage” app on an iPhone will give you a different experience than with Android. Every message sent will go through Apple’s own messaging servers. Due to this, group messages through SMS will be treated as a group chat messages sent through the internet.
Why are my group chat messages sending individually?
Like a group iMessage, every recipient can see each other and all replies are sent to every member of the group. To disable this behavior and instead send individual messages to each recipient in the group: Tap Messages. Scroll to the “SMS/MMS” section and disable “Group Messaging”
How do you get group messages on android?
- Go to the main screen of your messaging app and tap the menu icon or menu key (on the bottom of the phone); then tap Settings.
- If Group Messaging isn’t in this first menu it may be in the SMS or MMS menus. In the example below, it’s found in the MMS menu.
- Under Group Messaging, enable MMS.
Why do my group messages split up Android?
Disable the “Send as Split Threads” setting so that all of your group text messages are sent out as individual threads instead of sending one thread when group texting. Tap the back button on the phone to return to the “Settings” menu. A menu will pop up giving various security and privacy settings.
Why is my new phone not receiving text messages?
If iMessage is still active on your old phone but you are now using a new phone, you may not receive all of your texts. To deregister iMessage on your old iPhone put your SIM card in the old phone. Go to Settings, then tap on Messages. Tap the toggle button to turn iMessage OFF.
Why am I not receiving text messages on my iPhone from Android?
A faulty Messages app setting can be the reason for iPhone not receiving texts from Android. So, make sure that the SMS/MMS settings of your Messages app aren’t changed. To check Messages app settings, go to Settings > Messages > and then make sure that SMS, MMS, iMessage, and Group messaging are turned on.
Why are my messages not delivering?
Actually, iMessage not saying “Delivered” simply means the messages has not yet been successfully delivered to the recipient’s device due to some reasons. Reasons could be: their phone not having available Wi-Fi or cellular data networks, they have their iPhone off or on Do Not Disturb mode, etc.
Can you add an Android to an iMessage group chat?
You can make a new group chat with him in it with other iPhone/iMessage users but you cannot add a non iMessage user to an already made/current iMessage group. Just remake the group. You will have to make a new conversation/group chat. You can’t turn an iMessage group chat into an sms one.
Why is my MMS not working on Android?
Check the Android phone’s network connection if you can’t send or receiving MMS messages. An active cellular data connection is required to use the MMS function. Open the phone’s Settings and tap “Wireless and Network Settings.” Tap “Mobile Networks” to confirm it is enabled.
Can you name a group message if not everyone has an iPhone?
If it’s a group message that includes at least one person using SMS or MMS instead of iMessage, such as an Android user, you will not be able to name the group conversation. Also, custom group names only work in iOS 8 or higher for iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Why are some of my texts green and some blue?
A green background means that the message is being exchanged with a non-iOS device (Android, Windows phone and so on) and was delivered via SMS through your mobile provider. A green background can also mean that a text message sent from an iOS device could not be sent via iMessage for some reason.
How do I send a group text individually on Android?
- Tap Android Messages.
- Tap Menu (3 dots in the top right corner)
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap Group Messaging.
- Tap “Send an SMS reply to all recipients and get individual replies (mass text)”
How do I stop group texts?
First, pop open the Messages app and navigate to the troublesome chat. Tap Details, scroll down, then tap Leave this Conversation. Just like that, you’ll be removed from the chat and be able to regain some peace and quiet. Pop into a text chat then tap Details to leave a conversation.
What is the difference between SMS and MMS?
What’s the difference between SMS and MMS? SMS stands for Short Message Service and is the most widely used type of text messaging. MMS stands for Multimedia Messaging Service. With a MMS, you can send a message including pictures, video or audio content to another device.
How do I fix delayed text messages on Android?
Problem #4: Galaxy S6 re-sends previously sent text messages and photos
- Go to Settings.
- Proceed to Applications.
- Select Manage Applications.
- Tap the All tab.
- Choose the name of the problem app and tap it.
- From there, you will see the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons.
How do I get iPhone group messages on android?
Steps to fix Android not receiving group texts from iPhone
- Take out the SIM card from the Android device and insert it in the iPhone.
- Next, on the iPhone, go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Messages.
- You will get to see iMessage at the top, turn this option off.
- Take out the SIM card and insert it in the Android device.
How can I remove myself from a group text on Android?
- Open the Messages app on your Android. Find and tap the.
- Tap the group you want to leave. Find the group message thread you want to delete on the list of your recent messages, and open it.
- Tap the ⋮ button. This button is in the upper-right corner of your message conversation.
- Tap Delete on the menu.
How do you stop Group messages on android?
To turn off group chats on Android phones, open the Messages app and select Messages settings >> More settings >> Multimedia messages >> Group Conversations >> Off. Once you’ve been added to a group chat, you’re allowed to delete yourself from it. From within the chat, tap on More >> Leave Conversation >> Leave.
Can you name a group text on Android?
Google’s stock messaging app, while capable of starting group chats, doesn’t support group chat names, nor do the brand messaging apps on the most popular Android devices. Open Google Hangouts and start group chat conversation. Tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the screen.
Can you tell if someone blocked your texts?
With SMS text messages you won’t be able to know if you have been blocked. Your text, iMessage etc will go through as normal on your end but the recipient will not receive the message or notification. But, you may be able to tell if your phone number has been blocked by calling.
Why are my texts failing to send?
If you are getting a weak signal then this might be what’s causing the problem. Try clearing the cache and data of the text messaging app. Check if the issue occurs when the phone is started in Safe Mode. If it doesn’t then you might have downloaded an app that is causing this problem.
How long do undelivered texts last?
In general, AT&T will keep the message on their servers for 72 hours and will keep trying to send it to your phone. After 72 hours, the system “gives up” and the message is deleted. The sender likely will not receive any sort of notification that the message did not go through.
Why won’t my text messages send?
First off, make sure “Send as SMS” is enabled in Settings > Messages. This makes it so a message will be send as a regular text message if iMessage doesn’t work. If it still won’t send, try turning iMessage off and on again.
What is MMS Texting?
Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) is a standard way to send messages that include multimedia content to and from a mobile phone over a cellular network. The MMS standard extends the core SMS (Short Message Service) capability, allowing the exchange of text messages greater than 160 characters in length.
How do you make a group chat on Android?
Start a new group chat
- On your Android phone, open Allo .
- Tap Start chat .
- Tap the names of the people you want to chat with.
- Tap Done.
- Name the group chat.
- Optional: To make yourself the group administrator, turn on Group chat controls.
- Tap Done.
- Enter your message and tap Send .
Photo in the article by “DeviantArt”