- 1 Why do I receive duplicate text messages?
- 2 How do I turn off repeat text notifications on Android?
- 3 Why do I receive text messages twice Iphone?
- 4 How do I stop my Iphone from repeating text messages?
- 5 Why do I have two Imessage conversations with the same person?
- 6 Why is my Iphone sending text messages instead of Imessages?
- 7 Why is my phone notifying me twice?
- 8 How do I stop repeating notifications?
- 9 How do I get my messages to show on my lock screen Android?
- 10 Why do I get texts from myself on my iPhone?
- 11 Why do I get double texts on iPhone?
- 12 What is MMS messaging on iPhone?
- 13 How do I turn off text notifications?
- 14 How do I turn off text notifications on Android?
- 15 How do I turn off the sent text sound on my iPhone?
- 16 How do I separate iMessage and text message?
- 17 Can you have two iMessage accounts?
- 18 Why are my group chat messages sending separately?
- 19 Why are my texts green?
- 20 Why are my messages being sent as text and not iMessage?
- 21 Can you tell if someone blocked your texts?
- 22 How do I get my messages to show up on my lock screen Samsung?
- 23 How do I get my messages to show up on my lock screen s10?
- 24 How do I show notification content on Android lock screen?
- 25 How can I receive iMessages on 2 phones?
- 26 How do I get two iPhones to get the same messages?
- 27 How can I see what devices are using my iMessage?
- 28 Why do my group messages send individually Android?
- 29 How do you turn on group messaging on Android?
- 30 How do I see all recipients in a group text on Android?
Why do I receive duplicate text messages?
Choose “Send & Receive“.
Ensure that only your phone number is listed in the “You can be reached by iMessage at” area.
If you have an email address or anything else listed, it could cause duplicate text messages.
How do I turn off repeat text notifications on Android?
Tap the Notifications switch (located in the upper-right) to turn on or off . Ensure switch is in the on position to configure settings. Tap Notification sound, select an option (e.g., Silent, Beep Once, etc.) then tap Done. Tap Repeat message alert then select an option (e.g., Never, Every 2 minutes, etc.).
Why do I receive text messages twice Iphone?
It seems like they are receiving text messages twice. This can be caused by a setting in the Messages notifications. If you go to Settings > Notifications > Messages > scroll down until you see Repeat Alerts. You can change it to Never or a number of times.
How do I stop my Iphone from repeating text messages?
How to Disable Repeat Alerts in the iPhone Messages App
- Step 1: Open the Settings app.
- Step 2: Choose the Notifications option.
- Step 3: Scroll down and select Messages.
- Step 4: Touch the Repeat Alerts button near the bottom of the screen.
Why do I have two Imessage conversations with the same person?
A: The most common cause of this is that the other person has started sending you iMessages from a different address. You can see the addresses that have been associated with your Apple ID and which ones are being used for iMessage by going into your Settings app and choosing Messages, Send & Receive.
Why is my Iphone sending text messages instead of Imessages?
Sign Out Of iMessage and Sign Back In. Head back to Settings -> Messages and tap to open ‘Send & Receive’. Next, tap where it says ‘Apple ID: (your Apple ID)’ and choose ‘Sign Out’. Sign back in using your Apple ID and try sending an iMessage to one of your friends with an iPhone.
Why is my phone notifying me twice?
Steps 2 & 3: Tap on Notification. Scroll down and tap on Messages. Steps 4 & 5: Scroll down and tap on Repeat Alerts. Tap on Never to disable double notifications.
How do I stop repeating notifications?
Find it and tap on it to continue. Next, scroll to the bottom of the Messages Settings page and tap on Repeat Alerts. This page of Messages Notifications Settings controls how many times your iPhone will repeat the alert notification when you receive a new SMS or iMessage while the phone is locked.
How do I get my messages to show on my lock screen Android?
Open the SMS app and fire up the Settings option from the Menu button. In the Notification Settings sub-section there is a Preview Message option. If checked, that will show a preview of the message in the status bar and on the lock screen. Uncheck it, and your problem should be solved.
Why do I get texts from myself on my iPhone?
If you’re getting messages meant to go to another device or person in your family, it might be because your Apple ID is tied to their particular devices. To see which accounts are associated with your Apple ID, go to Settings>iCloud>select your account at the top>Devices. Head to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive.
Why do I get double texts on iPhone?
Grab your iPhone and tap on the Home screen Settings icon. Enter the Notifications menu and scroll for the Messages label. Tap it and scroll all the way down to check the Repeat Alerts status. It has to be set to Never, to avoid duplicate text notifications.
What is MMS messaging on iPhone?
Your iPhone’s Messages app lets you exchange MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service protocol) messages, so you can use your iPhone to exchange pictures, contacts, videos, ringtones, other audio recordings, and locations with any cell phone that supports the MMS protocol.
How do I turn off text notifications?
Go to Settings, then Notifications, and tap on Messages.
- Scroll down to the bottom and you’ll see an option called Show Previews.
- Now when you get a text or iMessage from someone, you will only see the name of the person and not the message.
How do I turn off text notifications on Android?
Change global settings
- Open the Messages app .
- Tap More Settings. Change your default messaging app: Tap Default SMS app. Stop getting message notifications outside Messages: Tap Notifications Turn off Notifications. Change what happens on your phone when you get a message: Tap Notifications Importance.
How do I turn off the sent text sound on my iPhone?
How to Turn Off Text Sounds When Sending Messages on an iPhone
- Tap the “Settings” app.
- Select the “Sounds” option.
- Choose the “Text Tone” setting and tap “None.” Set the “Vibration” option to “None” if you want to disable the vibrate feature as well. You can also select a different vibration pattern, if desired.
How do I separate iMessage and text message?
Why do I have different iMessage threads for the same contacts?
- Open the Messages app from your homescreen.
- Tap the thread.
- Tap the “Details” button in the top-right corner.
- Tap the “i” button in the far-right of a contact’s row.
- The current iMessage ID will be highlighted in blue (it can be a phone number or email address)
Can you have two iMessage accounts?
Turns out, though, it’s easy to associate different identities to different devices in iMessages, even if they share the same Apple ID—handy if you share an account with someone, have multiple iDevices of your own and want to set up separate buckets, or just want to change the address you send or receive message from (
Why are my group chat messages sending separately?
Like a group iMessage, every recipient can see each other and all replies are sent to every member of the group. To disable this behavior and instead send individual messages to each recipient in the group: Open the iOS Settings app from your homescreen. Scroll to the “SMS/MMS” section and disable “Group Messaging”
Why are my texts green?
A green background means that the message is being exchanged with a non-iOS device (Android, Windows phone and so on) and was delivered via SMS through your mobile provider. A green background can also mean that a text message sent from an iOS device could not be sent via iMessage for some reason.
Why are my messages being sent as text and not iMessage?
This could be caused if there is no Internet connection. If the option to “Send as SMS” is turned off, the iMessage will not be delivered until the device is back online. You can force an undelivered iMessage to be sent as a regular text message regardless of the “Send as SMS” setting.
Can you tell if someone blocked your texts?
With SMS text messages you won’t be able to know if you have been blocked. Your text, iMessage etc will go through as normal on your end but the recipient will not receive the message or notification. But, you may be able to tell if your phone number has been blocked by calling.
How do I get my messages to show up on my lock screen Samsung?
Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ – Lock Screen Notifications
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Navigate: Settings > Lock screen.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap the Notifications switch (upper-right) to turn on or off . Samsung.
How do I get my messages to show up on my lock screen s10?
Step 1: Open Settings -> Lock Screen -> Notifications on the Galaxy S10. Step 2: Change the View style from Icons only to Detailed. This will show full notifications on the lock screen of your Galaxy S10. If you wish to hide the content of the notifications, simply enable the Hide content option.
How do I show notification content on Android lock screen?
“Show all content” for all other users.
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.
- From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > Lock screen and security .
- From the Lock screen and always on display section, tap Notifications.
- Tap Hide content to turn on or off .
How can I receive iMessages on 2 phones?
On each device you want to use iMessage on, tap into the Settings app, then tap on Messages. Scroll down to Send & Receive, and tap through to that screen. You’ll see your Apple ID at the top, and then a section titled, “You can be reached by iMessage at:” with one or more phone numbers or email addresses there.
How do I get two iPhones to get the same messages?
Tap on Messages and then Send & Receive. Step 2: Uncheck the iCloud account or other phone number under YOU CAN BE REACHED BY IMESSAGE AT. Make sure that only the option of your phone number checked. Then only the iPhone using the checked number will receive the messages, even the 2 iPhones using same Apple ID.
How can I see what devices are using my iMessage?
If you’re using iOS 10.3 or later, you can see the devices that you’re currently signed in to with your Apple ID:
- Tap Settings > [your name], then scroll down.
- Tap any device name to view that device’s information, such as the device model, serial number, and OS version.
Why do my group messages send individually Android?
Go to “Send message settings.” Disable the “Send as Split Threads” setting so that all of your group text messages are sent out as individual threads instead of sending one thread when group texting. Tap the back button on the phone to return to the “Settings” menu. Select the “security and privacy” option.
How do you turn on group messaging on Android?
- Go to the main screen of your messaging app and tap the menu icon or menu key (on the bottom of the phone); then tap Settings.
- If Group Messaging isn’t in this first menu it may be in the SMS or MMS menus. In the example below, it’s found in the MMS menu.
- Under Group Messaging, enable MMS.
How do I see all recipients in a group text on Android?
How do I view recipients in an existing group message in the Student app on my Android device?
- Open Inbox. In the Navigation Bar, tap the Inbox icon.
- Open Group Message. Group messages include more than one recipient, as displayed in the recipient list.
- Open Group Recipients.
- View Group Recipients.
Photo in the article by “International SAP & Web Consulting”